“A very average hotel - cannot be star rated”

Hotel Suncity International
Ranked #80 of 98 Hotels in Jodhpur
Reviewed 17 October 2010

When we arrived at the hotel in the evening, the rooms given to us were not at all ready. We had to run around after the room service to get things cleaned. The bathrooms still had used soaps of the previous guest and the foot rugs were dirty. The rooms in this hotel are small and can hardly accommodate a double bed. We needed an extra bed and hence booked a Super deluxe room paying a premium rate so that the extra bed could be accommodated. But that room was also marginally bigger than their normal deluxe rooms. The mattress provided for the extra bed was also not very comfortable. Worst the bed sheets were moist. When we enquired why the sheets were moist, we were told that they have just arrived from the laundry and would dry up soon. The bathroom in the super deluxe room that we stayed was pathetic. The door of the bathroom would not close completely and we could not also lock it from inside. The bathrooms were not clean neither were the towels. The towels had become hard over repeated use and should have been changed long back, but who cares. The toilet in this so called 3-star hotel didn’t even have a health faucet. When we expressed our grievance at the reception, they had all the excuses ready. But the people were polite and listened to our problems and were trying their best to address them within their capacity. The only good thing about this hotel was the quality of food in their restaurant. We had good breakfast and dinner. However the service could have been faster. Overall, I definitely cannot rate it a star hotel. It is just a very average hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 September 2010

Nice place to see near the business district and airport. Great rooms and services. Excellent food and bar. They also serve hookah, and make it very powerful. Check it out.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 April 2010

I am a small business owner in USA, Louisiana. I travel often to India regarding business meetings. This time had my meeting in Jodhpur, Rajasthan. As I always look for worth paying three star hotels. I found Hotel Suncity online and I liked the Hotel. I was worried as sometimes I am misguided by fake photos on website. I had a talk with reservation manager and he assured me of their services and welcomed me over the phone also very warmly. I finally decided to book my room in Hotel Suncity. Finally I reached Jodhpur on 15th April. Wow what a lovely place to be. A very beautiful blue city with a heritage look. So lovely people and finally when I reached the hotel I was welcomed with such a warm hospitality. I was offered a welcome drink which gave me such a relief in scorching heat. I did not even have to touch anything all my luggage was taken care of and was sent to my room. Always smiling and helping staff are always on their toes to feed their customers in very lovely and caring manner. I was served delicious Rajasthani Thali followed by royal rajasthani sweets. Rooms are worth paying and it is a very cheap in its pricing. Lovely hotel, lovely staff and I recommend this hotel to all corporates and tourist. Hotel was almost full and all other customers looked happy and relaxed. Keep up your work Hotel Suncity.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 April 2010

My travelling to Rajasthan has increased due to my Regional position in the Barmer refinery, and I really like this hotel. I have been staying here for quite a few months now. The best thing about them is they super courteous people and can cooperate almost always.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 March 2010

Except the name, nothing is international about this hotel. The staff is unprofessional and not trained. They dont even understand the english. Rooms are not clean. Though food quality is good. Its a budget hotel, however, there may be better options available than this.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 5 February 2010

i reached jodhpur without any booking and i have got few hotel names from helpline number. i called suncity international and they said rooms available and the rent is about 1800 rupees. i had no other choice as i dont wanna search rooms in the middle of the night.

i confirmed the booking through phone and straight away went there, reception was ok, fine i have been alloted a room, guy how pathetic the room was, two open beer bottles has not been removed. the room was normal and its not worth for the amount they quoted. AC was working fine but the remote was not working. room service did nothing, very late. the food is vegeterian only.

i went to the bar later and found it was very ordinary except their prices. i decided not to recommend thishotel to my colleagues or friends.

its very normal and if you can bargain you can get few hudreds discounts. better search for some hotels near railway station as this is little far away.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 11 December 2009

The hotel itself was ok if it was in the budget category. However, it is expensive for the state of disrepair the hotel was in. The staff was very accommodating but the room was a bit dirty, had pealing wall paper, had no toilet paper, and was located quite far from the old city. We stayed there for one night and found a haveli instead.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends