“My favorite hotel in India!!!!!!!”

Mandore Guest House.
Ranked #8 of 96 Hotels in Jodhpur
Reviewed 5 March 2014

The Mandor guest house is the favorite place I have stayed in India and I have been there 3 times! it's a haven of peaceful relaxation away from the constant craziness of India. The staff is lovely and they always seem happy and never pester you for tips. The rooms are amazing and very romantic. At first I was worried it was a bit out of town but the location is great and it's easy to grab a rickshaw there. The hotel has a beautiful garden surrounding it and there is a huge garden park with temples right down the road. I read the reviews before staying here and thought they where great but my expectations were exceeded apron arrival. The family that owns it is very nice and they do great things for the villages around there. They have a nice volunteer program where you can go help out at the village schools. Unfortunately we did not have enough time to volunteer but the owners son offered to take us around to the schools and villages. It was so interesting to see the non touristy, authentic side of India. The children at the schools where so adorable and welcoming! I really can't express how WONDERFUL this place is but if you stay there I am absolutely sure you will love it!!!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CaDoit

Reviewed 4 March 2014

It was one of the best hotel where we stay. Staff was so helpful and fast enough in servicing. Food was good. Mr Prateek is a nice person who helped us in every way. Room was clean and spacious. Only drawback is rail honk in night but bearable. you will enjoy the beauty, theme & greenery of resort. Staff don't disturb you and you are free to sit anywhere. They give you respect and don't treat you as a customer but treat you as guest. As per my view they don't do the business for earning money but are in hospitality business because they love to treat people.

Room Tip: I will not. Because if people will go in group they might fight for the room. All rooms have differe...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Singla_Ar
Reviewed 28 February 2014

The room we were given on arrival was not what we expected but they kept there promise and moved us the next day to a good room with nice bathroom.
This hotel just outside Jodphur is quiet, set in a peaceful garden away from noise and traffic. A bus or Tut tut can take you to the city.
The owners speak good English, are helpful and manage the business effiicently including online bookings.
One evening one of the brothers took me into the kitchen to show me how they made a dish I had asked about. We ate here each day breakfast and dinner and found the food good. The staff were helpful pleasant and attentive. They all seemed very happy working here, maybe because the tip box was broken open each month in front of them and shared
We would be happy to return

Room Tip: ask for the round rooms
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank screennamechalky
Reviewed 24 February 2014

A place worth it.....
At first while moving towards the Mandore place i had a question mark...but after entering the gate of The Mandore Guest House i was really surprised and one word which came out was WOW..
Really a place with full of greens all around....nice rooms , and the staff was very helpful....my throat was not well the staff gave me hot water all the time and especially in the night before going to sleep he use to give the last pot of hot water....
really very helpful people...

As it is close to nature you need to have insect / mosquitoes repellents and one thing which i will rate low was food....i didnt like the food there....But if you remove the food then the rest will be worth staying.......

Totally a very different stay...!!

Room Tip: All the Rooms are good and excellent....
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Mandore guest house brings a blend of beauty, nature, comfort and great service all rolled into one boutique hotel that makes a visitor feel awesome. I write this review sitting in the central garden with cottages all around. I hear birds chirping and can see bees buzzing in and out of freshly bloomed flowers. All of Jodhpur is a 20 minute ride away from here by local auto.

The service is impeccable and Surendra-ji and his family make you feel like their personal guests. Food at breakfast is hearty and you must try parathas with assorted fillings.

Try to get the rooms in the far end with thatched roofs. Whatever you do stay here. Your mind and soul will thank you. Book early.. They sell out in advance.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Shreya14
Reviewed 21 February 2014

This is a really charming place to stay. We were totally surprised at finding this quiet, lovely place in the middle of a busy, noisy area. It has a beautiful courtyard with trees, flowers, swings and various artistic touches. There is an onsite restaurant that we ate at regularly that served wonderful vegetarian meals. Most of the other guests were French, English or Indian, and it was interesting for us, as Americans, to meet people from other countries there.

My husband and I stayed there for two weeks as volunteers for projects that are coordinated by the guest house to help the local community. We found the people that run the guest house to be warm and helpful, and they made the place feel like home. The volunteer projects we worked on included teaching English to children in a nearby Bishnoi village and working on a stove project that provides villagers with fuel efficient stoves that vent outside the home. We were treated like family and the experience couldn't have been nicer.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank E P
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We had booked this place based on the reviews on Trip Advisor. I regret my stay here.

We had booked a garden facing bunglow (Make my trip calls the rooms this way) at a premium price.

We had checked in around Mid night (courtesy our train from Jaisalmer was late by over an hour. Our owes started here). We were unable to sleep even for a minute due to consistant conference (High decibal Barking) of street dogs. Railway tracks are very close to this place and almost all the major trains of Rajasthan pass through Jodhpur. Vibrations will felt at this room. Now comes the most irritating part of the our midnight owes. Every train driver has a habbit to Honk at this location itself (They might be loving this place). Not a minute of sleep for the whole night (You need to carry sleeping pill or you need have couple of extra drinks to try to sleep at this room).

GOOD MORNING to our extended owes. I was using the loo and washing my -----s with the bidet. There was no water. I had to complete this with the tissue paper. I went out and there was no one. Finally i traced a boy and told that there was no water at the room. He switched on the tube well pump and said that water will be available in couple of minutes. But it never happened for the next ONE AND HALF AN HOUR (Various people tried various methods). Finally we received water. our neighbours at the guest house did not get water and the gentle man was with a towel (On a chilly morning) during the whole episode and asking for water. Drainage pipes were choked (This was our extended experience of our owes). Finally the owners changed the room ( very very small one). This was OK and our Trauma finally ended here.

Now for some positive things about the place. This place is very well done in terms of greenery and also decor. Food is OK. This place had lot of foreigners and we indians were least cared for with the exception of Prateek (Who is one of the owner). Owners had arranged for the transportation for sight seeing and also for pick and drop.

Please avoid this place if you are looking for a sleep. Most importantly there are no ward robe to keep your clothes.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family