“Hospitality at its best”

and 1 more site!
King's Retreat Jodhpur
Ranked #4 of 196 Jodhpur B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We (my wife, our 5 year old daughter and me) from Germany had a great stay with Vishal and his managing partner. They make sure you enjoy your time with them. The location of the hotel is perfect and it's atmosphere very relaxing. Our room was nicely furnished, simple but with style. I seldomly write reviews but feel that this place absolutely deserves it.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

We spend two nights at the King's Retreat in Jodhpur. The place is located close to the Fort and owned by two very nice Indian guys who are always interested in their guests' well being. However, the rest of the staff doesn't seem to give a damn about you, the head waiter at the restaurant was unfriendly, almost rude even.
The rooms are spacious but could definitely need some uplifting. Tiles in the bathroom were broken, the electrical fixtures looked quite makeshift in some places and our room had cobwebs which looked like hundred years old.
The worst thing is that the rooms which are facing the street are super noisy at night, we could barely sleep. I know that this isn't the hotel's fault and that the Old City is noisy in general but they could at least try to reduce the noise by properly sealing the windows or installing some thick curtains. This would also help to keep the street lights out which make the room as bright as day at night.
I would recommend everybody to book the room without breakfast as the selection for included breakfast is quite limited and there are other breakfast items in the menu which are much nicer. There's only Nescafé for breakfast coffee which sucks big time.
I give three points because the owners were really nice but the place itself doesn't deserve more than two. I wouldn't come again.

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank TiToWorldwide
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Location : 4/5 - right beneath Mehrangarh
Roof Top Restaurant - 4/5 - good food...paranthas r good n good masala chai
Rooms - 3.5/5
Hospitality - 4.5/5 - both the owners (Maddy/Vishal) r grt...hotel boys were good too

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Hello,
We have travelled Jodhpur on 4th March 2014. We have booked a standard room for 3 nights.
Our train reached at Jodhpur on 8am 4th March. They have managed a room for the duration till check
in. Thanks and Appreciate Vishal for this. That room was nice,clean and well maintained and decorated.
Later after lunch they shifted us a room which we have booked. It was also a nice , neat & clean .
For room I want to give 4/5 .
They have a rooftop restaurant run by Nitin aka Maddy .It has a good quality food. I recommend to ty
Quasadilla,Veg Noodles,Chicken Afgani. My wife like chocolate cold coffee .
For food it 4/5 from my side.
Location is very good , 4/5 , just near Fort , Clock Tower.
I will never fell uncomfortable here as Vishal and Nitin is very gentle guy and managing things well.
Supporting stuffs are also very good and friendly. It is 5/5 for behaviour.
Thanks,
Somen Mukherjee
New Delhi

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank somenmukherjeekpc
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

My highest respect to the wonderful establishment
The management goes out of its way to help and accommodate
They provide friendly advice
They steed not pushy
Rooms are clean
Water is hot-the rooms have their own water heaters, so you can control it
Roof to restaurant is great. Irreducible view from the restaurant of the lit up fort at night and the good is prepared fresh
You can choose from excellent Indian food or western fare- they know what "not spicy" means
The atmosphere is quiet and laid back

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LindaTadir
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights in Feb 2014. The hotel is in easy walking distance to the clock tower, fort, and all other major sights in Jodhpur. We were so comfortable in this hotel we spent one whole day on the rooftop patio, using the wifi and chatting with Prakesh, the exceptionally nice server. The food was also very good.

Most of all the people who run this place were incredibly welcoming and friendly. For example, when I asked about the location of the ATM closest to the hotel, rather than just give me directions, they offered to take me there on the back of a moto, free of charge. It was a great time and I recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a place to stay in jodhpur.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Samuel G
Reviewed 1 March 2014

very well located near the fort and clock tower,all accessible by foot this hotel offers very clean and large rooms very well maintained , vishal the boss is always there to take care of u,I highly recommend also the food, very good ...after travelling in India for 4 weeks this is one of the best place I met for a cost really cheap compared to the offer...

a very nice place to recommend

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family