“Poor Reception Services”
Review of Ranbanka Palace

Ranbanka Palace
Ranked #10 of 96 Hotels in Jodhpur
Reviewed 10 February 2014

The hotel was nice except THE RECEPTION SERVICES SUCKED - totally inflexible PEOPLE - who did NOT understand the concept of hospitality service!!
Food at dinner was average!!
Rest of the staff friendly and helpful would have given a 4 rating if the reception services were better

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
SAYYADMA, General Manager at Ranbanka Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear Sir,

Greetings from Ranbanka Palace, Jodhpur- A Classified Heritage Hotel!

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us regarding your recent stay at the hotel! I am disappointed to know that you did not have a pleasant stay at the hotel and I do apologize for it. While it may seem that the Front Desk staff is not flexible, there are certain hotel policies that the staff needs to follow which you may not agree with. The internet connectivity is a charged service provided by the hotel. We only offer 1/2 hour coupon complimentary. Anything above that is chargeable. However, having received feedback regarding this policy, I am happy to inform you that we are reviewing our policy and hope to implement a new policy very soon which you may find more suitable.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

During the checking-in, the front office staff said - "You would love the room". We were given room number 125. It had a door bell that did not work. The bathroom door did not have a hook to hang clothes on. The toilet paper was cheap; non-absorbent variety. The room did not have a socket to charge my mobile phone. [I had a two pin charger]. Finally, I located a 2-pin socket in the bathroom - but the charger would foul with the switch! Result - the phone won't charge! The towel rack in the bathroom was kind of "out of reach". I almost sprained by back to reach it! The room had a "power saver" switch so that the customers could take the "key" and switch off the lights every-time they left the room. The switch was permanently kept ON by wedging! I can add few more points...but whats the point?

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Charanjiv S

Dear Sir,

Greetings from Ranbanka Palace, Jodhpur-A Classified Heritage Hotel!

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us regarding your recent stay at the hotel. I was very disappointed to know that you did not have a memorable stay at Ranbanka Palace and I sincerely apologize for it. Your feedback is very valid and I wanted to inform you that we have already taken action to correct them. The doorbell has been repaired and hooks have been placed behind the bathroom door. We have also relocated the towel rack so that it is easily reachable. We have also replaced the energy saver socket in the room. We appreciate your candid feedback which we obviously overlooked. I would also like to inform you that we have planned to renovate the bathrooms in the wing that you stayed in to further upgrade them. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to showcase the standards that we stand for.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

A heritage property with a century of history , location which can not get any better .

Low rise ( g+2) hotel around a lush green lawn - still missing the trick.

Ranbanka is the kind of property that will be a deram for a good hotel operator to get to run . But sadly it is a brillant property in indifferent hands.

Staff takes guests for granted - ( at least Indians_) ,

Out of two rooms one of the rooms was givewn a so called upgrade to a room with was bigger but had no wondow which could open to the lanws ( un like 98% of the hotel ) and when we wanted to move back to our original booked room - we were told it is not possible.( same was allotted to western tourist groups).

Some of rooms ( first floor ) have a private sit ouit area over looking the lawns - these must be the best rooms to look for.

In evening there was live traditional dance performance in the lawns which was good .

We ordered ala carte in the restaurant and food was brillant - Kebabs were so good that
we were surprized ( one thing that they got right in our stay ) .

Break fast has a decent menu - we found food tasteless and service slow .

Hotel is located right opposite Umed Bhawan Palace and in a nice part of city.

As you com out of the hotel - turn right an walk a Km - the cluster of souvenir shops there have good variety hand we found the pricing honest. ( Anokhi - for Ladies dresses)

Room Tip: Some rooms on first floor have private terrace - these should be great to enjoy the live dance perfo...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank AshDelhi
SAYYADMA, General Manager at Ranbanka Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Greetings from Ranbanka Palace, Jodhpur- A Classified Heritage Hotel!

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us regarding your recent stay at the hotel! I was happy to know that you liked the property but found us lacking as far as service standards are concerned. I do apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. I do assure you that we do not differentiate between our guests whether they are foreigners or Indians and ensure that every guest has a memorable experience at Ranbanka Palace. Being a heritage hotel, all rooms have different advantages and disadvantages. The Old Wing is the heritage wing of the hotel and the rooms are of different sizes with different views. Some have balconies and some do not. Even in the new wing, we have rooms of different categories and some are better than the others. When the hotel is fully occupied, it becomes difficult to cater to the personal preferences of each guest and we try our best to accommodate everyone's request. In a modern hotel, rooms are more or less standardized and it becomes that much easier to satisfy everyone. I hope that you can appreciate the difference.

Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

It is very important you get the new wing, which although not exactly new, is 'newer'.

The old wing is awful. After 1 night we insisted on moving out. The hot water didn't work, the toilets didn't flush and the room was bitterly cold. The tiny heater, which verged on being a health hazard, did nothing to heat the room.

The new wing is better. Also nearer the main section of the hotel.

Breakfast is disappointing. Very limited selection.

Didn't eat dinner there.

Wi-Fi is NOT free. Disappointing for a hotel that claims to be a quality establishment.

Don't ask the doorman for a photo, he'll ask for a sizeable tip.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Greetings from Ranbanka Palace, Jodhpur- A Classified Heritage Hotel!

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us regarding your recent stay at the hotel! I was disappointed to know that your experience at the hotel left much to be desired. I truly apologize for the inconveniences faced by you. The Old Wing is the Heritage Wing of the hotel. As you can understand, we have tried to maintain the heritage nature of the hotel. Therefore, we have provided for hot water Geysers in the bathrooms which have a limited capacity for storing hot water and can be used by only one person at a time. The next person is required to wait for a few minutes for the hot water to become available.

This winter has been colder than the past and while we provided for heaters in all the rooms, it seems that they were ineffective against such cold weather. We have already initiated the process of upgrading the heaters and will be better prepared for the next winter. I have noted your concerns regarding the breakfast and have asked the Chef to further improve it. We do not encourage our staff to take tips from our guests and we have taken appropriate action against the concerned person. I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to showcase the true standards that we stand for.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Nice hotel , spacious room ( luxury suite ) and good service . The restaurant has a large buffet and also the à la carte menu is very good. Good breakfast . In the evening they organize a music show in the garden . Internet has to be paid . Small souvenir shop in the premises and not far from city center .

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gneccocristina

Greetings from Ranbanka Palace, Jodhpur- A Classified Heritage Hotel!

Thank for your choosing Ranbanka Palace during your visit to Jodhpur! I was very happy to know that you had a wonderful experience and I have shared your comments with my team. It is feedback such as yours that enables us to further improve our services and facilities and make your stay even more comfortable and memorable.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

It is a beautiful, new hotel with a wonderful breakfast buffet. The staff is excellent and attentive. We were there the end of December 2013 and it was cold (50 degrees Farenheit). The room was unheated and cold. We called the front desk. They brought us a heavy blanket and a useless, tiny, reflective heater. It had a warming distance of one meter. Our tour had us there the following night. The second night we called the front desk about 3 times before they brought us another reflective heater that didn't work at all.

It is a beautiful hotel to stay. Just bring thermal underwear with you when it is cold.They also put my wife and I in separate twin beds. We heard train horns blaring most of the night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room where you can't hear train horns blaring.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Greetings from Ranbanka Palace, Jodhpur- A Classified Heritage Hotel!

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us regarding your recent stay at the hotel! I was disappointed to read that your experience at the hotel did not match up to our standards. I do apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. This winter has been particularly cold in Jodhpur and one that we were unprepared for. However, we have already taken steps by purchasing new heaters for the rooms and we will further ensure that this is not repeated next year. I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to showcase the standards that we are proud of.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Ranbanka Palace's location and ambiance is excellent. The rooms are spacious and clean with all the basic amenities. In fact the bathroom is excellent. The service of the staff, however, left much to be desired especially after an excellent experience at other locations in Rajasthan for us. The front office reception was unconcerned. We had to argue and request for an additional key. A fellow guest told us about places to see while we were asking the receptionist because she was hardly bothered. Maintenance could not fix the 'hot water' issue in our bathrooms and we had to have bath in lukewarm or cold water with water filling up till ankle. All in all not a great service experience. I would not go back to Ranbanka Palace.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Koshvel
SAYYADMA, General Manager at Ranbanka Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Greetings from Ranbanka Palace, Jodhpur- A Classified Heritage Hotel!

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! I was disappointed to read that our service did not match up to your expectations. I do apologize for the inconvenience faced by you and I assure you that we have taken up your feedback seriously and are working on improving our services at the Front Desk. We have also upgraded our hot water system which is working fine now. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to showcase our actual service standards and facilities.