Ranbanka Palace
  • Pool
The Heritage(Jodhpur)
Pokar Hotel(Jodhpur)
View Hotel
All reviewsclub roomold winglarge balconyswimming poolbuffet dinnerevening entertainmenton the rocksgarden restaurantnice poolrooms are spaciousajit bhawannice staybreakfast spreadold world charmthalimehrangarh fortclock tower
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I traveled to Ranbanka Palace, Jodhpur with along with my wife and parents for an extended weekend trip in March 2014.

We were traveling by our own vehicle and thus did not request a pickup/drop from the railway station/airport.

Ranbanka Palace is situated in the heart of Jodhpur city. Its location does it good as it stands very close to the magnificent Umed Bhavan palace hotel. It is probably only a few kilometers from the airport and railway station. Its location thus, is strategic.

One of the first thing that hits you when you enter the hotel and being the check in related formalities is that the staff is tremendously courteous in typical Rajasthani style.

The check in procedure was swift and we were allotted our rooms in less than 5 minutes. The concierge was so kind as to take all our luggage to the first floors where our rooms were located.

The club room allotted to my wife and I was very large and spacious with a large two seat sofa set, two nicely furnished chairs and a mid sized coffee table. The bed though not too big was reasonably comfortable. The only problem with the bed was that it had spring mattresses which resulted in a lot of jolts being felt my wife in the night as I twisted and turned during sleep. Each room was equipped with two split air conditioners each.

The downside was that even though my parents had opted for a club room, the room they were allotted right next to us was much smaller in size and felt a bit cramped at times. I don't know why the hotel did this. Also, one air conditioner in my parents' room was not working and the hotel made no effort to fix it.

The bathroom was large with a bath tub. The problem was that the shower area had no door or shower curtain. This led to spilling of water outside the shower cubicle which was an annoyance.

The room service was reasonably fast and efficient.

The breakfast spread in the hotel was elaborate and contained a decent selection of Indian food as well as an assortment of items found in continental breakfasts.

The evening buffet was very good in taste and the service was very prompt. I reiterate the fact here that the staff was very polite and courteous while dealing with us. When we ordered something that was not in the buffet, the ordered dish was made in very little time unlike the bad experiences I've had in most other hotels. This was a plus point.

Overall, our experience at the hotel was comfortable, relaxing and memorable. If you rule out the minor kinks in their armor, it is an experience that can be repeated on future trips to Jodhpur.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MitulChoksi
SAYYADMA, General Manager at Ranbanka Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Greetings from Ranbanka Palace, Jodhpur- A Classified Heritage Hotel!

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! I would like to apologize for the inconvenience faced by you due to the air-conditioning not working in the room as well as the shower area flooding. As a practice, we have all the air-conditioners thoroughly checked at the start of the season but due to technical reasons faults still happen. However, the Maintenance team should have taken care of it immediately. We are also taking steps to ensure that the shower area does not flood the bathroom and we hope to rectify this within the next one month.

I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to showcase the standards that we are proud of.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

This was a fantastic heritage hotel in Jodphur. Our group all had massive bedrooms in the wing away from the main buildings. They had large bedrooms with sitting areas and big bathrooms. Some overlooked the new palace which gave fantastic sunrise views. There was a lovely pool, although too cold to go in in February. The buffet was very good especially in the evening.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Madam,

Greetings from Ranbanka Palace, Jodhpur- A Classified Heritage Hotel!

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us regarding your stay at Ranbanka Palace! It is very encouraging to hear that you enjoyed the Ranbanka experience! It is our constant effort to improve our services and facilities so that our guests have a comfortable and enjoyable stay. Over the summer, we are working on further improving the quality of our rooms and restaurants to further enhance the experience.

Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed for a couple of days here this month. The place is good and provides value for money proposition. We were Lucy enough to get room in new block with lift and that too on first floor. As expected room was nice and big.
Breakfast was complimentary and quite good with Indian and continental dishes.
Overall staff was courteous and caring.
The things which I didn't liked here was paid WiFi and limited dinner menu. We had buffet dinner in our package but food served was somewhat blat and items were limited.
Giving 5 stars as we had good time there.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Greetings from Ranbanka Palace, Jodhpur- A Classified Heritage Hotel!

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! I was happy to know that you enjoyed the Ranbanka experience. I have shared your comments regarding the food with the Chef and his team and we will work on improving our standards there. With regards to wi-fi charges, I would like to inform you that we are working on reviewing our internet pricing and should have more economical rates in place by the end of the summer.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

This year we (a group of 12 friends) planned a Holi celebration outside Delhi and decided to visit Jodhpur. After a lot of research we selected this property to experience regality in its true form and that too during Holi. We were mesmerized by the sheer opulence and service that the property has to offer. The rooms as well as the food in this property are outstanding. Special cultural programmes organized to commemorate Holi was marvelous. A special mention for the GM - Mr Sandeep Arora. He is meticulous in every sense and looked after the guests and ensured that we were experiencing something extraordinary. Thank you Mr Arora for your tremendous professionalism demonstrated during our stay. We are again planning a Diwali outing and most probably it will be Ranbanka....

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Greetings from Ranbanka Palace, Jodhpur- A Classified Heritage Hotel!

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us regarding your stay! I was delighted to know that you had a memorable experience at Ranbanka Palace! It is feedback such as yours that enables us to further improve our services and facilities. I will certainly pass on your compliments to my team as well. Holi in Rajasthan is celebrated with a lot of fervour and it was our endeavour to provide you with a glimpse of the traditional Rajasthani celebration of Holi which one does not get to see anywhere else in India.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We were fortunate enough to be staying here for the Holi festival and what a treat that was! The hotel, built in a courtyard style, has a wonderful intimate feel, shutting out the noise from the busy road outside. On the morning of Holi, the hotel had invited in a group of traditional dancers and musicians to allow the Indian guests to enjoy the event to the full. The courtyard echoed to the sound of the drums as the dancers worked themselves up into a frenzy and the Indian guests all started throwing coloured dyes at each other and the kids squirted coloured water from giant water pistols. All good fun. Foreign tourists were not left out as we were all given a dab of colour on our cheeks so we could feel part of the event too. What about the rooms I hear you ask? We were on the ground floor in club rooms - good size but a touch dark. I would recommend trying to nab one of the first floor rooms with their own patio. Swimming pool area was better than most although the water could do with a better filtering system. Wifi is pricey at 200 rupees for 2 hours but very fast. I would most certainly stay here again. M

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank BrightonBN1
SAYYADMA, General Manager at Ranbanka Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

Greetings from Ranbanka Palace, Jodhpur- A Classified Heritage Hotel!

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I was delighted to know that you enjoyed the Ranbanka experience. You chose the right time to visit Jodhpur when we celebrate Holi in the tradtional Rajasthani style! I have noted your concerns regarding the swimming pool and the wi-fi and assure you that we will work on improving those areas. We are relooking at the internet wi-fi policy and will be looking to make it more economical.