“Lovely surroundings and a good restaurant”
Review of Ranbanka Palace

Ranbanka Palace
Ranked #10 of 99 Hotels in Jodhpur
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Our family spent a night at the Ranbanka hotel and loved it. The hotel is an oasis of calm in a noisy city. Though overlooked by tall buildings on one side, the lawns in front of the hotel are beautiful and make for a lovely setting at dinnertime. The rooms were very comfortable and spacious, with excellent bathrooms - the best we say in an extended North India tour! The restaurant is very good, both the choices for dinner and breakfast, and for the very attentive service of the waitstaff. Mr. Bhavani, the manager, was very solicitous of our comfort and needs. The one very significant drawback is that, unlike every hotel we stayed in, the internet was not free, and had to be paid for on an hourly basis. Quite tacky, given the luxury surroundings!

There is a row of shops outside the hotel within walking distance where there is pretty decent silver jewellery. We went into town and found the prices and selection comparable to that available at these shops. The hotel is about a 10 minute drive to the airport.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor which was not a problem for us, but might be an issue for those who find...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Maria J
SAYYADMA, General Manager at Ranbanka Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Madam,

Greetings from Ranbanka Palace, Jodhpur- A Classified Heritage Hotel!

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us regarding your stay at Ranbanka Palace! It was delightful to know that you had an enjoyable and comfortable stay at the hotel and have taken back fond memories. I have taken note of your concerns regarding the internet and will certainly review it. I have also shared your appreciation for the food and services with the Chef and his team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Ranbanka Palace, Jodhpur!

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Wow for room ,wow for nature of the staff....everything was wow.We had opted for Exotic honeymoon package.All the arrangements were upto the mark.Next time whenever i will be in Jodhpur i will choose Ranbaka only.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Greetings from Ranbanka Palace, Jodhpur- A Classified Heritage Hotel!

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us regarding your recent stay at the hotel. It was a pleasure to know that you enjoyed the Ranbanka experience. I have shared your feedback with my team as well. Feedback such as yours energizes us to continue providing the high levels of service that ensure that our guests have a comfortable and memorable stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Ranbanka Palace, Jodhpur!

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed here for one night on our tour of Rajasthan. The hotel is a heritage property, which is what I preferred for our tour. We were offered a welcome drink upon our arrival, which would have been lovely, had the drink itself been better; it was essentially tepid blue sugar-water without any discernible flavor. When we were led to our room, we were told we had been upgraded to a Club Room but upon opening the door, the musty, moldy smell left us wondering how the lower-grade rooms could possibly be worse. The bathroom was a further disappointment. While spacious it was tiled in black marble (streaked with water marks), which rendered its interior gloomy and dungeon-like.The room was spacious however, the bed large, and the linens clean.

Otherwise Ranbanka's courtyard is very lovely and picturesque. We also dined twice in the restaurant, for dinner and breakfast, and were satisfied with our meals and service both times. Breakfast was served buffet style with several Indian and Western offerings, including non-vegetarian ones.

See my blog for trip report and pictures:

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Madam,

Greetings from Ranbanka Palace, Jodhpur- A Classified Heritage Hotel!

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us regarding your recent stay at Ranbanka Palace! It is our endeavour to ensure that every guest has a comfortable and enjoyable experience in the hotel. I do apologize that your experience was not as memorable as we would like it to have been. I have noted your concerns regarding the welcome drink and the room and have taken steps to improve these areas. I have shared your feedback regarding the food and the restaurant with the Chef.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to make your stay an even more memorable one next time.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

excellent driver with good patience and good driving.I see his site name in trip advisor and there is only one review and i contact him and the hotel is also so good.
if you have to visit India please contact him and he will give you best hotels to rest and best price.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Greetings from Ranbanka Palace, Jodhpur- A Classified Heritage Hotel!

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us regarding your stay at the hotel. I was delighted to know that you enjoyed the Ranbanka experience! It is feedback such as yours that motivates the team to continue to provide services at the highest level.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Ranbanka Palace, Jodhpur!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Just an average, over-rated property. Hospitality and staff behavior needs major overhauling. Suggestion to the management - Don't treat Indian and Foreign guests differently. Both give you revenue right?

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
SAYYADMA, General Manager at Ranbanka Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Sir,

Greetings from Ranbanka Palace, Jodhpur- A Classified Heritage Hotel!

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! I am disappointed to know that your stay at Ranbanka Palace did not match up to the expectations. I would like to assure you that we do not differentiate between Indian and foreign guests. We get a lot of foreign groups which visit Jodhpur during the winter months and since they come in large groups, they generally occupy a number of tables in the courtyard. Due to the size of the groups, at times, the service staff get busy trying to take care of their requests and may not be able to provide the same amount of attention to the other guests. We are already working on improving our services through further training and hope to be able to enhance our service levels for the future. I do apologize if you did not receive the service level that you should have received as a result.

I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a memorable experience.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Ranbanka Palace, Jodhpur!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Just stayed for a night, during a stopover while traveling from Ranthambore to Bikaner, the place looks great , the ambiance in the evening was eye splashing,
The room I was provided was a club room according to the hotel(upgraded one), but the room was very small, king size bed, It was difficult for me, my wife and my kid to fit in, it was very difficult for us to manage. The cleanliness not ok, bathroom had damp, tiles broken.
The ground floor rooms are noisy and are with clear glass, Privacy a big ?.
The food in the night we had was pasta, it was yummy, but the breakfast selection very limited and probably not my expectation.
Price I paid for this night stay, way sky rocketing. Should have checked other option.

Room Tip: Check the rooms before and ask them for a 1st floor rooms, no floated glass in the ground floor. Pri...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Sir,

Greetings from Ranbanka Palace, Jodhpur- A Classified Heritage Hotel!

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I was disappointed to know that you did not find the Ranbanka experience to your satisfaction. The room that was allotted to you was a Club Room in the Jodhana Wing. The size of each room is different and you may have found it to be smaller than some of our other rooms. I do apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. We have noted your concerns regarding the privacy in the rooms and will certainly have it taken care of. I would also like to inform you that we have recently renovated the rooms in the Palace Wing. These rooms are more spacious and provide a heritage experience.

I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to showcase a truly memorable experience at Ranbanka Palace, Jodhpur.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed in the heritage hotel in Feb 2014 for three days. I think I have never experienced such a relaxed and royal environment. Rooms are big, nice and clean. I had a large balcony with my room which on looked towards the courtyard. There are evening programs organised each day which gave the courtyard an amazing ambiance. The food was amazing. The service is incomparable. The hotel is just walking distance from the town market but one needs a vehicle to see other attractions. Staff is extremely helpful and polite.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
SAYYADMA, General Manager at Ranbanka Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Greetings from Ranbanka Palace, Jodhpur- A Classified Heritage Hotel!

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us regarding your stay at the hotel. I was absolutely delighted to know that you had an enjoyable Ranbanka experience. It is our endeavour to provide a royal experience to all our guests and I am happy to know that we were able to deliver that experience. It is feedback such as yours that enables us to further improve our services and facilities to make your stay even more comfortable. We have further upgraded some of the rooms this year to enhance the experience.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Ranbanka Palace, Jodhpur!