Park Plaza Jodhpur
The Marwar Hotel & Gardens(Jodhpur)(Great Value!)
US$32
Govind Hotel(Jodhpur)(Great Value!)
US$11
US$8
  • Restaurant
All reviewsoasis restaurantbusiness hotelclose to the airportnice hotelkebabbusiness trippool sideroom service iscourteous stafff bexcellent hospitalityspecial thanksbreakfast spreadhotel staffenjoyed my staybreakfast and dinnerrooms are spacious
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I had booked Park Plaza in Jodhpur for a holiday, and my experiences at the hotel were mixed. Because it is a Carlson hotel, I had expected the best of the experiences, but it definitely did not meet my expectations.

After my stay, I look at tripadvisor to see that a number of misgivings I saw at the hotel have been mentioned by other guests as well, and the manager has promised that these would be corrected. But alas, I faced the same issues at the hotel.

I will talk about the good things first. The staff at the reception during check in were friendly and warm. We were given an overview of the facilities and were shown to our room. The checkin was smooth and was done in no time. The room itself was spacious and more than comfortable. The luxurious bed and the furnitures were really good.

Now coming to the negatives - as a business hotel, I would expect running hot water. But out of the 6 showers we took between me and my wife, we got hot water in only 2. In another 2 of our showers, the water was lukewarm, and in 2, it was plain cold. The is totally unexpected and bad for a hotel of this category.

Next, the staff at the hotel did not seem to be trained adequately. This was evident in a number of instances throughout our stay there. When we arrived at the hotel, there were a few of the staff members who were standing near the entrance. As we got out of our car and got all of our luggage out, no one even bothered to come to us for help. I and my wife had to stand awkwardly there with our luggage hoping someone would help us. A minute later, a guard came out to me and asked "What?" It was definitely embarassing to me to ask for some help with the luggage, but since we had multiple bags, I did. Then he reluctantly picked up our luggage inside. But I should say that the folks at the reception were much warmer than the guard, and as they saw us, came immediately to help us with our luggage. But, this was one of the bad welcomes I have ever had at a hotel anywhere, of any class!

We had dinner at the chinese restaurant one night, and the staff stood closely next to us looking at our faces. I felt horribly uncomfortable and did not get the privacy I was looking for. Later, when there were other guests at the restaurant, we could not find the staff at all though we needed them.

The next day at breakfast, the manager of the restaurant kept staring at us as we entered. But as I wished him, he immediately looked away and moved. The service during breakfast was totally cold and mechanical. Again, ok for a budget hotel, and not for a premium one.

During checkout, we faced some more of the problems due to lack of training to the staff. The person at the reception asked us to pay cash for the mini-bar usage in the room and the reason he gave was - "I don't know how to make a bill for that" - ridiculous for a hotel like Park Plaza! Check out took more time than I had expected, and I had to remind the receptionist that I might miss my train before he speeded things up.

We had a pool-facing room, and as a lot of people have mentioned, we could see scores of pigeons drinking water from the pool all the time. I know this is not easily controllable. But, it definitely kept away the guests from using the pool. I did not find anyone in the pool in my 2 days of stay. Unless the hotel does something about it, it is going to be a lingering problem.

During our dinner at the chinese restaurant, the table next to us found something objectionable - probably an insect in the food. I saw the manager of the restaurant apologising to him. But it definitely killed our appetite. Again, not something you expect from a hotel of this kind.

Overall, the hotel is in a nice location with a comfortable and pleasant rooms. But, it is manned by staff who desperately need a lot of training. Comparatively, I have seen better staff at Park Plaza in Bangalore. Also, glitches like insect in food and unavailability of hot water are not acceptable at all.

Unfortunately, this stay has lowered my impression of Park Plaza to a good extent that I would think twice before booking with them in future.

1  Thank d4dpak
Reviewed 25 February 2014

This hotel was surprisingly good. The entry to the (large!) room was all wood, walls and floor. The sleeping area had a tiled floor which I prefer over carpet for cleanliness. The bed was decent and it was quiet at night. At the lobby level there was a nice lounge. The staff was very attentive.
The breakfast could be better although it was in line with most hotels in India that we stayed in.

1  Thank ALien89

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel Park Plaza Jodhpur
We very much appreciate your positive feedback as it boosts our motivation to excel in meeting our guest’s expectations. I am glad you found hotel as a "pleasant surprise". Here at Park Plaza our continues efforts are to make our F&B offerings better each day especially our breakfast offerings. I really value your feedback and it give us opportunity to improve our service and standards.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Room does not even have an lcd television and the remote of the TV is very unresponsive
The list of channels available to watch is very limited.
There is no facility for drivers to stay in the hotel.
The bill given at the time of check out does not include the tax break up and even after request it took 15 minutes for operator to give tax details.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Upendra G

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel Park Plaza Jodhpur

We very much appreciate constructive criticism as it enables us to ensure we are meeting our guest’s expectations. I appreciate your comments about old TV sets and limited channels. I am pleased to announce hotel is under going soft refurbishment of its old wing to give it contemporary look i.e. LED TV's etc. In addition, I am pleased to announce I have added almost all popular TV channels in our guest rooms based on your feedback. In addition, I have also added another format to give clear indication of Tax structure on our bills.I have identified this as a training need and correct measure are in place to avoid this happening in future. Please accept my sincere apologies at this occasion.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed staying at Park Plaza, Jodhpur. Excellent facility, comfortable rooms, courteous staff, appetising food and good service. It is well priced and peaceful location, little away from the city.

Room Tip: Any room would be a good choice
1  Thank pravinjn

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Hi we stayed here on 11 the February. The stay was gud ,food and hotel rooms were nice. One draw back many of the tv channels were blocked for some reason.location was out of the city but very close to the railway station.

1  Thank RahulBhalla

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel Park Plaza Jodhpur

We very much appreciate constructive criticism about TV channels, your feedback enables us to ensure we are meeting our guest’s expectations. I am pleased to announce with your feedback I have added almost all the popular TV channels in our guest rooms. Please accept my apologies for inconvenience caused during you stay.