“Cheated at PARK PLAZA Jodhpur”
Review of Park Plaza Jodhpur

Park Plaza Jodhpur
Ranked #17 of 98 Hotels in Jodhpur
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Good property. Well maintained. I happened to stay here for two nights.

They offered a very good breakfast. Quality of food was good.

However on second day, i had early check out. The staff promised me packed hot breakfast.

I had specifically informed that I have to travel and so pack sufficient quantity. (Govind in room service).

However, the packed breakfast was poor and horrible. Felt like being cheated.

Rest - Reception was excellent. I remember service of one Mr. Sanjog. He was quite subtle and professional.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 2 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel Park Plaza Jodhpur

I very much appreciate constructive criticism as it enables us to ensure we are meeting our guest’s expectations. I appreciate your comments on poor packed breakfast. Let me assure you I have investigated the matter thoroughly and felt communication error between order taker and kitchen. Please accept my sincere apologies at this occasion. I have identified this as a training need and correct measure are in place to avoid this happening in future.
In addition, Please accept my apologies if you felt you been cheated all I would add to this is an human error and as said above correct measures are in place to avoid this happening in future.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Presently staying at the Park Plaza in Jodhpur - very bad service standards and no attention to detail.
F&B is very weak - asked for toast and a chocolate milkshake this morning clearly specifying with butter and jam - it came without butter and the shake had no straw! The person at the Room Service Desk could not even speak proper English and communicate!
In the evening of the 16th, had a bad food experience at the Geoffrey's Pub - horrible chicken burger, had asked for the Chef to meet us but he never came. The 2 Barmen were overworked as the Pub was full and orders were delayed and dis-jointed.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I stayed from 21st Feb to 25th Feb 2014 for a business trip. From the start the experience wasn't great with the hotel. As I was boarding my flight from Delhi, someone from the hotel called and informed that there is been a leakage in the room and no room is available.This is after they have confirmed with me a day before and sent me an email confirmation.
I had informed that I will be staying single, still I managed to get a twin bed room (Who in the world thinks like that in a hotel)
The hotel service was poor, I had to call to remind them to deliver back the laundry. You had to call atleast 2 times for room service.
At checkout, the bill was consolidated and wasn't day wise. I had to speak to the manager to get the bill converted to day wise.
P.S. I am a Carlson Silver card Holder, and this was really a very poor experience.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 2 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel Park Plaza Jodhpur

I very much appreciate constructive criticism as it enables us to ensure we are meeting our guest’s expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies at this occasion and let me assure you this is not our service standards and you can consider this as one off experience and I assure you better service in future. I have identified this as a training need and correct measure are in place to avoid this happening in future.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, well maintained and good rooms. Nice pool and a bar. Staffs were very friendly and welcoming.

Unfortunately neighbor customers were very noisy, probably a bunch of family :-( woke me up and they were literally screaming from one room to the other. Breakfast hall was crowded, needs more space.

Stayed for one night only as I was heading to Rohet, and happened to be the wrong night.

I think the management should put up signs everywhere for customers not to be too loud.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 18 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel Park Plaza Jodhpur

We very much appreciate constructive criticism as it enables us to ensure we are meeting our guest’s expectations. I appreciate your suggestions in regards to putting up signage for noise. We normally speak to guests in case other guests are getting disturb i.e. noise etc if we would have received any complaint. It is our top most priority to provide comfortable stay at Park Plaza to all our guests with 100% privacy. I have identified this as a training need when we allocate our rooms. Please accept my sincere apologies at this occasion.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Stayed at the Park Plaza in Jodhpur and the hospitality experience seemed to a bit below par compared to other Park Plaza properties. The rooms were quite well done and spacious but lacked good noise insulation, the hotel is located on a busy road which has traffic flowing right through the night and the same can be quite disturbing if the rooms is towards the front.

On the positive side the breakfast options were good and food quality overall was nice, location too is suitable as it is close to the airport. Hoping that by the next visit the management would have fixed the short comings!

Room Tip: Opt for rooms which are towards the back, there is lot of traffic noise in front facing rooms
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 18 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel Park Plaza Jodhpur

We very much appreciate constructive criticism as it enables us to ensure we are meeting our guest’s expectations. I appreciate your comment in regards to noise in bedroom. we have double glazed windows in our hotel. However. I will ensure in your next visit we allocate you room away from road side. Please accept my sincere apologies at this occasion.In addition, I appreciate your positive comments on our food quality and breakfast variety.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Stayed in Park Plaza during our visit to Jodhpur.

Very nice experience from entry to check-in to rooms to check-out.

Good sized, well maintained rooms, courteous and ready to help Staff, good vegetarian food. Over all enjoyed my stay.

The good view from our room could have added more charm and attraction. They need to develop it (parking lot as view may not be a good idea).

Room Tip: Rooms on the left of gallery may be a better option
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 11 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel Park Plaza Jodhpur
It is my pleasure to receive a comment with a heading " Beautiful Experience". I very much appreciate your positive feedback as it boosts our motivation to excel in meeting our guest’s expectations.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

First visit to India and I have to say expectations were fairly low in terms of accommodation.
Honestly I think Park Plaza is overall a good place to stay, but let’s start from the beginning.
Doorman always ready to help with luggage, check in was fast.

I got the Suite: very big and comfortable double bed (I like hard mattresses) flat TV, AC, Frigobar, living space with sofas, desk and another TV. Bathroom with huge shower + bath. Room was silence but I must say the view on the street was pretty ugly (work in progress). Complimentary bottle of water and newspapers every day. The room was always clean.
Breakfast was fairly rich with a mix of Indian and western foods.

Overall was a pleasant stay and I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 11 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel Park Plaza Jodhpur
Firstly, I would like to thank you for choosing Park Plaza Jodhpur on your first visit to India. We very much appreciate your positive feedback as it boosts our motivation to excel in meeting our guest’s expectations.