“Average business hotel - nothing special” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Park Plaza Jodhpur
Ranked #24 of 98 Hotels in Jodhpur
York, UK
“Average business hotel - nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel is a little bit out of the way in terms of the main tourist sites, but it is only a short rickshaw ride to the clock tower (maybe 10/15 minutes). The hotel itself is a fairly nondescript business hotel, but the rooms were spacious and well equipped, and the room and bathroom were clean, although a little tired. There is a bar in the hotel (Geoffreys) which is acceptable for a drink or two in the evening, and it does serve food although we didn't eat there. Breakfast was included in the room rate and there was a good choice of Indian and continental items in the buffet. The staff working at breakfast time were excellent, and really friendly.
A disappointing part of the stay came when booking transport through the hotel's front desk.
We asked for a taxi or rickshaw up to the Umaid Bhawan Palace. The receptionist asked where we were going after that, and we said the clock tower, but that we'd make our own arrangements from the palace. She said this was impossible, as there was no way to get a rickshaw or taxi from the palace, and that we had to have a driver for half a day at a cost of 1300 rupees. Stupidly we took this at face value, and booked the driver. Of course when we got to the palace there were rickshaws and taxis everywhere, as there were at all the sites, which would have been cheaper.
The next day we needed a driver to take us to Udaipur, and wanted to stop at Ranakpur and Kumbhalgarh on the way. This is a well established route for travellers so shouldn't be a problem. The hotel quoted 6500 rupees. We had done our research and knew this was way over the going rate of around 3500/4000 but for the sake of convenience we were willing to pay. We were extremely annoyed that, an hour into the journey, the driver announced that we couldn't stop at the two sites because they weren't on the way, and if we wanted to stop at them it would be an extra 1500rupees. It's hard to know who is the dishonest one in this instance, the hotel or the driver, but it left a sour taste. I would suggest if you stay here, don't book any travel through the hotel, and if you have to, make sure you get every detail in writing.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Park Plaza Jodhpur, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel Park Plaza Jodhpur
We very much appreciate your feedback as it enables us to improve our service and standards. I am very sorry to hear that you felt cheated about taxi prices. Our travel desk is outsourced and I have highlighted your feedback and concern with the owner of travel desk. I can assure you this would not happen in future for you and all our future guests. Once again, I appreciate for bringing this to our attention.

General Manager - Park Plaza Jodhpur

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

Was on a business trip and stayed here for one night. Liked everything about the hotel. The room was spacious, clean and well maintained. staff was well behaved and supportive. Had to check in at 2 O'clock in the night and the same was hassle free. Enjoyed my stay and would like to stay again..

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
, General Manager at Park Plaza Jodhpur, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel Park Plaza Jodhpur
We very much appreciate your positive feedback as it boosts our motivation to excel in meeting our guest’s expectations.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

We stayed at Park Plaza Jodhpur for 3 nights recently. The hotel is very close to the airport. About 5-7 mins drive from the airport. The location is a little on the outskirts of the main city area. But this is works fine as the city itself is not too big. Most the main areas are located within 15 mins max from the hotel.

We were given a room on the third floor. Rooms are standard hotel rooms - big enough for a couple with a kid. Most of the rooms dont have any great views. So beyond a point it doesnt matter much.

Room service is mediocre. Service is prompt but the taste of the food is average. Overall the staff could do with more training but they are real courteous and always greet you with a smile. I think for a small city they are pretty decent. They were always helpful to some our odd requests. Always did it with a smile.

The restaurant (Oasis) is reasonably good. We tried it only for breakfast. Variety of the spread was good with a good mix of some Indian, some Continental options and an eggs to order counter. They always had one traditional indian sweet counter at the breakfast which is a welcome change from all the usual donuts and pastries. The staff here was very smart and even refused tip which speaks a lot of their helpful attitude. I have read a few people complaining that they dont understand english that well. Thats true but they more than make up for it with the right attitude and willingness to entertain all your requests.

The one real complain that we had for was the Air Conditioning - twice in the night we had to call someone to come and check the cooling. This was indeed annoying but we just took this in our stride and moved ahead.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a reasonable option for staying in Jodhpur and intend to stay on my next visit.

Room Tip: No real good view so anything towards the back side should do since the front side faces the road wh...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel Park Plaza Jodhpur.
Firstly, I very much appreciate your positive feedback as it boosts our motivation to excel in meeting our guest’s expectations. I have read your comments about staff attitude being good. I have shared your comments to my entire hotel team in our internal meeting. Secondly, Please accept my apologies for inconvenience caused due to our air condition system, it might have been due to auto trip because of fluctuation in electric supply. Let me assure you our air condition system is well maintained and checked on daily basis for the comfort of our guests.

Fribourg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

A very nice hotel with a warm and wellcoming staff. After a week at different very big hotels it was very nice to check in at this intimate hotel. The rooms are well equipt and with a good wifi connection. This hotel is close to city-center and the market - 5 min. by taxi. The restaurant had a good bufe with a various choices of dishes. If I come back to Jodhpur I for sure will stay at Park Plaza. Good value for money.
Bandrup
France

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hakan912

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

Good property. Well maintained. I happened to stay here for two nights.

They offered a very good breakfast. Quality of food was good.

However on second day, i had early check out. The staff promised me packed hot breakfast.

I had specifically informed that I have to travel and so pack sufficient quantity. (Govind in room service).

However, the packed breakfast was poor and horrible. Felt like being cheated.

Rest - Reception was excellent. I remember service of one Mr. Sanjog. He was quite subtle and professional.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel Park Plaza Jodhpur

I very much appreciate constructive criticism as it enables us to ensure we are meeting our guest’s expectations. I appreciate your comments on poor packed breakfast. Let me assure you I have investigated the matter thoroughly and felt communication error between order taker and kitchen. Please accept my sincere apologies at this occasion. I have identified this as a training need and correct measure are in place to avoid this happening in future.
In addition, Please accept my apologies if you felt you been cheated all I would add to this is an human error and as said above correct measures are in place to avoid this happening in future.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

Presently staying at the Park Plaza in Jodhpur - very bad service standards and no attention to detail.
F&B is very weak - asked for toast and a chocolate milkshake this morning clearly specifying with butter and jam - it came without butter and the shake had no straw! The person at the Room Service Desk could not even speak proper English and communicate!
In the evening of the 16th, had a bad food experience at the Geoffrey's Pub - horrible chicken burger, had asked for the Chef to meet us but he never came. The 2 Barmen were overworked as the Pub was full and orders were delayed and dis-jointed.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
New Delhi, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

I stayed from 21st Feb to 25th Feb 2014 for a business trip. From the start the experience wasn't great with the hotel. As I was boarding my flight from Delhi, someone from the hotel called and informed that there is been a leakage in the room and no room is available.This is after they have confirmed with me a day before and sent me an email confirmation.
I had informed that I will be staying single, still I managed to get a twin bed room (Who in the world thinks like that in a hotel)
The hotel service was poor, I had to call to remind them to deliver back the laundry. You had to call atleast 2 times for room service.
At checkout, the bill was consolidated and wasn't day wise. I had to speak to the manager to get the bill converted to day wise.
P.S. I am a Carlson Silver card Holder, and this was really a very poor experience.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel Park Plaza Jodhpur

I very much appreciate constructive criticism as it enables us to ensure we are meeting our guest’s expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies at this occasion and let me assure you this is not our service standards and you can consider this as one off experience and I assure you better service in future. I have identified this as a training need and correct measure are in place to avoid this happening in future.