“Very good place to stay when in Jodhpur”
Review of Park Plaza Jodhpur

Park Plaza Jodhpur
Ranked #18 of 96 Hotels in Jodhpur
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I have been staying at this property regularly for the last 7 years and what draws me back is the professional approach, the cleanliness of the place, the service, the food quality and the location. Also the tariffs are very reasonable for a place like jodhpur

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Rakesh A
Management response:Responded 16 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel Park Plaza Jodhpur
Firstly, I appreciate your loyalty towards Park Plaza Jodhpur from last 7 years. I am pleased to know that we have been consistent in our service and standards in your every visit. I on behalf of entire Park Plaza team appreciate your positive feedback as it boosts our motivation to excel in meeting our guest’s expectations.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

stayed for a week at this hotel whilst on business in Johdpur. Very efficient check in and a pleasant room better than the "business" hotels I usually use in India. The staff are the strength of this hotel from the cheery good morning from the cleaners to the restaurant staff. Did not like the buffet as I am definitely not vegetarian but the choice on the main menu was good and the quality of the food very good.
I would definitely stay again if I revisited Johdpur.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel Park Plaza Jodhpur
We very much appreciate your positive feedback as it boosts our motivation to excel in meeting our guest’s expectations.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I staied in this hotel 2 times. Good hotel, friendly and helpful staff. Very close to the airport but also easy to reach the city centre.
3 different restaurants available. Room confortable but very noisy AC
The first time the wifi in my room was very slow, so to stay connected I had to move to the groundfloor. Second time wifi was good also from the room.
Gym is available but is small and not good equipped, could be better.
In my opinion the main problem of the hotel are the hundreds of pigeons living on the windows. Outside area with garden and swimming pool are dirty. The staff of the hotel is busy to keep clean these areas but is no good see s_ _t of pigeons in the court. Pigeons use the swimming pool to drink so for this reason, I never used it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel Park Plaza Jodhpur

We very much appreciate constructive criticism as it enables us to ensure we are meeting our guest’s expectations. I appreciate your comments about AC noise and pigeons. Firstly, I have forward your comments to our engineering department and i am pleased to inform the noise problem you mentioned has been resolved, it was just a loose screw on a AC grill. Secondly, for a pigeon problem, we have employed an additional housekeeping staff to protect pool from pigeons and make sure it is safe for our guests to have a swim. Once again, I appreciate your comments because it helps us to improve our service and standards for future guests.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

The hotel is in close vicinity to the Airport. It is a nice clean and posh place to stay in but somehow I believe it could be so much better if someone paid more attention to the detailing.
The hospitality industry being a service industry revolves totally around humans and how they deliver the expected standards of service. This being a Carlson property I booked in with certain levels of expectations. On the very first morning soon after arrival there was an unpleasant experience at the restaurant which I wasted no time in bringing to the notice of the top management. Thereafter the service standards were up to my satisfaction.
What disappointed me the most were the devices fitted in the room. I stayed here in the month of April 2014 where the outside temperature was mostly in and around 40 degree C during the day hours. It is essential that the central air conditioning performs well during this time. But strangely EVERY morning from 11 AM till around 1 PM the Air Conditioning is either switched OFF or simply does not work. In these temperatures it certainly gets a bit unbearable. Hence if you are arriving here after a long flight and looking forward to catching some sleep during the day time then I suggest that you avoid this place. I brought this issue to the notice of the front desk on all days that I was there but there is nothing that they managed to do to resolve this issue.
It was IPL (Cricket league for the uninitiated) season and I was looking forward to catching the match in the evening. But when I started watching it was the Set top Box’s turn to disappoint. The picture was perfect BUT the commentary just disappeared only the stadia noise could be heard very clearly though. A very strange thing but sadly it happened. I called the technical department someone did come within no time did some tinkering and after a while it was OK BUT only for a few minutes soon after the technician left it was back to square one. I did not bother to call anyone again as it was already 10 pm by that time. But I do hold it against the Hotel that they have not installed a proper set top box which can give the guest uninterrupted viewing pleasure.
The property is very bird friendly and houses a lot of pigeons on the outside. They do not really have any impact on your sleep quality or life within the premises BUT when you want to swim they are constantly there drinking water from the pool. Being so hot i really do not blame the birds BUT the Hotel needs to do something about ensuring that the swimming pool is free from droppings and feathers and allow the guests to get a clean swim. Maybe a simple NET above will do the job or perhaps installing ultrasonic repelling instruments may do the job. I do not know the solution but surely one has to be found.
I would not go on to suggest that you DO NOT STAY here for the above stated reasons. It is a VERY GOOD property and only a striking distance from excellence. I wish someone does the needful to take it there.

Room Tip: Higher and away from the main road would be better.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel Park Plaza Jodhpur

We very much appreciate constructive criticism as it enables us to ensure we are meeting our guest’s expectations. I appreciate your comments about Air condition and television set up box not working. Please accept my sincere apologies at this occasion. I have identified this as a training need and correct measure are in place to avoid this happening in future. In addition, I appreciate your suggestions to improve or service and standards and I take your comment as nice gift in order to improve ourselves for future guests. I can assure you better service in your next visit.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Park Plaza in Jodhpur is not as big as you would have expected it to be but the hotel is still warm and cozy. Location is close to most happening/tourist places and easily accessible from railway station/ airport.

The food at the hotel is good as well especially the open air BBQ and Coffee shop.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 24 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel Park Plaza Jodhpur
I appreciate your positive feedback as it boosts our motivation to excel in meeting our guest’s expectations and improve our service and standards further for our future guests.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I visited Jodhpur on official duty during May 2011 and was put up in Park Plaza. Biggest advantage is it is close to Jodhpur Airport.

It is true to the brand associated with. Decent size rooms, with decent decor and well maintained and well stocked amenities.

The service staff is sincere and helpful. Stayed for a single night and visited the restaurant twice (Dinner & Breakfast) and found the food on both the occasions to be good. The spread and options were decent.

Overall a good business hotel for a business traveller. Tourist would skip it as it is far from City Centre.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 19 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel Park Plaza Jodhpur
We very much appreciate your positive feedback as it helps us to improve our service and motivate staff to go beyond guest expectations. I would just like to add we are only 3 kilometers away from downtown of Jodhpur which is a major tourist point i.e. clock tower. However, once again thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

we stay in this hotel while going to jaiselmer along with my family of four persons on15/03/2014. we booked two rooms and they upgrade ours rooms to the rooms facing pool side.
good hotel with all the facilities. Rooms are clean and well maintained.
Staff is polite and we enjoyed good b/f.
Overall a good place to stay with family.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family