“Nice hotel”
Review of Park Plaza Jodhpur

Park Plaza Jodhpur
Ranked #18 of 99 Hotels in Jodhpur
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stayed her only for 1 night but were happy with the hotel. Good rooms. Service was not bad but nice. Good food and this city is really a charming one. For a tourist this is a good hotel. Would recommend this hotel .

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 22 July 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel Park Plaza Jodhpur.
I appreciate your positive feedback as it boosts our motivation to excel in meeting our guest’s expectations.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Stayed in this hotel for 1 night while travelling on business to Jodhpur. The check-in and reception were good. The room and bathroom were comfortable too. However, the air-con was not properly cooling the heat of early June. However, the most disappointing part is the service, be it the room service or the buffet breakfast. We ordered a very simple meal of chicken curry and rice and waited for more than an hour to be served at room. The buffet breakfast was even worse; the spread of menu was insufficient and so was the quantity. They took quite a long time to refill too. When asked for an omelette, it was served after 20 mins and that too partially cooked.
I've stayed in Park Plaza both in India and abroad, but this particular Park Plaza is a total dampener.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 18 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel Park Plaza Jodhpur

Firstly, It was pleasure talking to you over the phone. Secondly, I very much appreciate constructive criticism you have shared with us, it enables us to ensure we are meeting our guest’s expectations and we can correct those for all our future guests. Please accept my sincere apologies at this occasion. As discussed with you over the phone I would make sure we don't disappoint you in your next visit to Jodhpur and I would personally look at all the issues you have highlighted.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed for a night on a quick business trip and found the hotel to be ok in many fronts but also needing a lot of improvement in many areas.

Check in was smooth but surprisingly allotted a smoking room in-spite of my pre-booking of a non-smoking room ! Got it changed. Room size is ok but the pillow covers, sofa covers and the towels have certainly seen better days ! Why don't they change things when they start looking jaded and faded after so many uses..specially for a hotel !

Internet was complimentary but had horrible speed ! If you are intending to get many things done, you got to spare considerable amount of time and I had to use my personal dongle to get net ! Lodged complaints about the net twice, right after checking in and then later in the night ! Horrified to find out that the front desk did not bother either to send a technical guy which they promised or give me a call back on the status after they promised to call back !!

Room service & the restaurant was timely in delivering food but quantity is abysmal for the price they are charging for the food !

Breakfast is ok. Gym was a smelly room with stained walls and rickety equipment ! Not sure why they don't bother to freshen up gym as it is anyway crowded by people with exercise sweat !!!

Few staff at night shift as well as the Geofrey's pub did not seem to be too bothered about politeness while answering few questions and they definitely can be trained for better communication level and courtesy !

But the horror was huge sounding AC or generator (whatever) which was running somewhere close to my room and lot of noise of from seemingly some work going on at night upstairs !! Certainly messed up my sleep quality !!

Overall, this hotel has got large room for improvement in many areas !!

Will I get back again…May be but not before checking out other options whenever I need to stay over in the city !!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 18 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel Park Plaza Jodhpur

We very much appreciate constructive criticism as it enables us to ensure we are meeting our guest’s expectations. I appreciate your comments on Trip adviser and to our Rooms Divisions Manager over the phone. Please accept my sincere apologies at this occasion. Let me assure you all the points you have highlighted have been discussed in detail in our management meeting. I can also assure you we will leave not stone un-turned to improve on the issues you have highlighted.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Very warm and welcoming. Centrally located. The vibrant lobby is always alive with guests talking and enjoying the beautiful space. Check in was very quick. The room was lovely. Good service as well. Overall it was excellent. I must recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014
Management response:Responded 17 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel Park Plaza Jodhpur
We very much appreciate your positive feedback as it boosts our motivation to excel in meeting our guest’s expectations. I appreciate you saying that you would recommend us. Once again, I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed for one night last week on business. while the check-in process was nice and rooms comfortable, the room service was extremely disappointing with food being delivered 45 minutes late with repeated reminders. the wi-fi while complimentary, the receptivity was poor. have stayed in quite a few Park Plaza and Sarovar properties and think this stay was average

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 3 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel Park Plaza Jodhpur

We very much appreciate constructive criticism as it enables us to ensure we are meeting our guest’s expectations. I appreciate your comment on delay in room service. I have passed your comments to my F&B team. I have identified this as a training need and correct measure are in place to avoid this happening in future. Please accept my sincere apologies at this occasion.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed at this place for 2 nights. Check in was quick, Room was spacious but old TV (should have upgraded to LED) Room service awful had to wait 30 minutes. Hotel staff is courteous. Enjoyed food. Overall good stay but not feel like repeating at this hotel.

Room Tip: Go for pool side room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 19 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel Park Plaza Jodhpur

We very much appreciate constructive criticism as it enables us to ensure we are meeting our guest’s expectations. I appreciate your comments on poor room service where you had to wait for 30 minutes. Please accept my sincere apologies at this occasion. I have identified this as a training need and correct measure are in place to avoid this happening in future. In addition, to your comment on old TV's. I am please to announce hotel is under soft refurbishment and we are replacing all old TV's with new LED's. I would certainly like to have you back in Park Plaza Jodhpur on your next visit to see change we are going to make after refurbishment.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

My stay at the Park Plaza Jodhpur was pleasant from the minute I stepped in. The staff was nice. The rooms are absolutely delightful! Spacious, clean and comfortable. Although, some hallways reek of cigarette smoke even though they do not have smoking rooms on that specific floor. I really enjoyed their pool and spa, it was very relaxing. The property is not huge but it has everything a hotel should need/have. When I visited there was some sort of street food festival taking place in the courtyard, which was interesting. If you have the chance, take the seats outside during the evening instead of inside Oasis, the breeze is wonderful and sometimes they have live music which is amazingly enchanting. Overall, great hotel. Definitely recommend it!

Room Tip: The rooms with a view of the pool are nice.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 16 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel Park Plaza Jodhpur
I appreciate your positive feedback and stating Park Plaza as your one of favorite while your were on travel to India. Your feedback is very valuable to us as it helps us to motivate our staff to improve service further to meet our guest expectations with a personal touch to each guest.