“Home away from home”
Review of Surya Kunj

Surya Kunj
Ranked #47 of 192 Jodhpur B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We had 6 kids in our group.
As soon as we arrived Mr.Sajjan Singh, welcomed us and made us feel truly at home. Our kids eyes sparkled seeing the story book collection that he had. Very soon the noisy bunch settled down engrossed. This allowed us adults to go shopping, knowing our kids were enjoying themselves. What a relief ! Our kids enjoyed the friendly, gentle Labrador 'Sabre'

Many thanks to Sajjan Singh for letting us use the premises after checking out. This gesture was very kind and accommodative and helped us a lot.

Overall the stay was wonderful and the hospitality awesome !

-Soumya

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
suryakunjmanager, Owner at Surya Kunj, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Thank you so much for your warm words about our home stay! It's great to know that the kids had a good time here and we look forward to seeing you again! Regards to all the families, Sajjan Singh

Reviewed 31 December 2013

We stayed for two nights in Jodhpur and absolutely loved it. The place is a bit out of the centre, and it will cost you about rs 60-80 to get to the centre. But all this is made up by being in a relatively quiet area, and enjoy your tea with very pleasurable company. It is nice just to sit with the host, chat and plan your day. They really go out of their way to make you feel at home. Otherwise Jodhpur is really a great place, very laid back and peaceful, unlike many other destinations in Rajasthan.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
suryakunjmanager, Owner at Surya Kunj, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dera Koen,
Thank you so much for your kind words! It was a pleasure to be your hosts and look forward to seeing you and Jana again! Regards, Sajjan Singh, Jodhpur

Reviewed 25 November 2013

hi i stayed in suryakunj for 2 days and it was excellent very comfortable and very homely .this is a new concept where you get to stay in a bunglow which is as good as a five star but homely. mr saajan who is the owner and runs the place is exetremely helpful and very nice person .Food ofcourse is home made so you get to eat fresh roti s and anything you ask all home made .if i visit jaipur with my family i will only stay in surya kunj very affordable and comfortable .

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank abhiash11
suryakunjmanager, Owner at Surya Kunj, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear Abhijeet,
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We thank you for your comments and look forward to your next visit! Our regards to your family!
Regards,
Sajjan Singh

Reviewed 22 November 2013

I was here during my tour of jodhpur and stay with a lovely family and they were really friendly and upto the mark as per my expectation.... I loved the place and the family and will highly recommend this place to be in jodhpur... The owner is fantastic.....

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
suryakunjmanager, Owner at Surya Kunj, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Dear Vicky, I am glad that you enjoyed your short stay with us! I am glad that we found photographs of earlier guests who stayed with us! We look forward to your next visit!
warm Regards,
Sajjan Singh

Reviewed 22 November 2013

I stayed in Surya Kunj from the 12th to 14th Nov 2013. I had a bit of problem finding the place as I was driving myself and my 1st time in Jodhpur. Also my 1st time at a Homestay. The moment Mr Sajjan Singh and Sabre welcomed us into their Home, I knew this was going to be a Memorable stay and indeed it was. Mr Singh and his family were ever so helpful, making our stay a pleasant and comfortable one. We saw most of Jodhpur's Attractions thanks to an itinerary chalked out by Mr Singh. We enjoyed his talks at Breakfast but I still don't agree that dogs were primarily vegetarians. Will do some research and get back. I had read about Sabre in the reviews and had hoped he would cure the fear of dogs in my 8 year old daughter. But the closest she got was to pat him from behind.
I wish all at Surya Kunj the very best and hope to see you again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Jagdish and family...Thank you for your kind words! We are glad that you all enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your next visit and hopefully your daughter will get rid of her canine fear forever!! Warm regards to you all!

Reviewed 30 October 2013

My brother and I spent a night at Surya Kunj. We were warmly greeted by Sajan and his family and staff. Sajan loves the culture and history of his country and has lots of interesting stories to tell. He has been extremely helpful to us, trying his best to make our short stay in Jodhpur as profitable as possible. He owns a big and comfortable house (with a nice dog living indoors). We enjoyed very much the time we spent there. We highly recommend this guesthouse to anyone visiting Jodhpur!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
suryakunjmanager, Owner at Surya Kunj, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear Anne,
THANK YOU for much for your kind words! It was a pleasure to host you and to make your short stay memorable. Sabre went to your room after you left and was sad not to find you there! Our regards to Benjamin! Sajjan and Mumal, Jodhpur

Reviewed 29 May 2013

while doing my shot trip around Rajasthan i have decided i will be only staying in small family run guest houses and homestays and most certainly Surya Kunj was a good option. I was talked highly about this place during my stay in Udaipur by the owner of another homestay Chandra Niwas. I believed in him because of the high trip advisor rating for Susrya Kunj and also because of the wonderful work they have been doing with the village rural education (daanfoundation.org)
When i landed in Jodhpur and when finally i entered Surya Kunj it was like i am home.
so relaxing and such a peaceful atmosphere with no tension and no stress and no shouts from everywhere.
the room was smelling so good and comfortable beds but to be very honest what i like the most is the fact i was staying in not a hotel or a guest house but a homestay.
I am sure i have to come back again to all this beautiful places with beautiful people of heart at least one more time and spend more time.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank chouhan2013
suryakunjmanager, Owner at Surya Kunj, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2015

Thank you for your warm and kind words! We are glad that you stayed with us and were comfortable! Warm Regards!