“Comfortable accommodation”
Review of Haveli Inn Pal

Haveli Inn Pal
Ranked #12 of 96 Hotels in Jodhpur
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Located near the busy markets, I did not find anything in this place that made me feel I was going back in time. Accommodation comfortable, but there are much nicer places in Jodhpur to stay. Seems to be popular with French tourists. If possible, avoid out of season stay. It is a lot of dragging your luggage around to get to this place.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed for three nights in a Heritage room. The hotel is family owned and located between the old town with its local market and the fort - it is even possible to walk to the fort via side streets and up a steep footpath, but its easier to find the path on the way back down. For anyone who wants to be near the main shopping area and the fort, the location is ideal.
The room was decorated in a traditional style with good solid wooden furniture and a view of the fort. The bathroom was old fashioned with a just usable shower. The building itself is an old large haveli that has been split into three sections, one of which is the Haveli Inn Pal.
A restaurant on the top floor was most welcome as there are few dining options nearby. Breakfasts and evening meals were good and fairly priced.
The staff and the owner (and his son) were all welcoming and helpful and allowed us an early check-in and the use of one of the rooms on the ground floor on our day of departure because we had a late evening train to catch. There are some useful sitting areas in the hotel and the place still has the feel of the original building. There is free Wi-Fi.
Recommended for anyone who likes to be in the centre of things.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dolphin712
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

If you go to The blue city- Stay at Haveli In Pal! The service is good and the food is tasty. The view of The Fort is stunning! You can sit and see the eagles sail i the sky over your head. You are also very near the famous Clock Tower and the market. Jodphur is a big city, but all the pictures you see from here is from The old town and there is where you stay in Haveli In Pal! Couldn't be better!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

We have been here off season and enjoyed our stay. The room is nice, with view and AC/TV. The bathroom is maybe not the niceest but all clean and fine. The rooftop terasse and breakfast are excellent as well as the people working at the haveli. Also the location of the haveli is perfect!

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I booked thru expedia. I stayed 2 nights (1 traveler) including breakfast and paid US total of $105.34. I was on the first floor. Maybe room #110?

At check in, they wanted to give me a room with 2 tiny twin beds on the first floor. I requested a queen size/or king size bed. I was lucky that the hotel didnt seem too busy, because they changed me to a bigger room. See pictures. Also, I asked them about a room with a view, and they said my rate was for a room without a view.

Positives:
My AC worked fine. A bit noisy, but I always carry noise cancellation device/ or ear plugs.
Good, friendly staff. Always answered all my questions.
Clean rooms.
Hot shower
English channels on TV
Great location. Next to the market (go to the baazar and go to MV Spices, great place to buy spices without any rush and good prices). Also, there are always auto tuk-tuks outside of the hotel and you can negotiate the rate for the day. I had a small bag and had the same tuktuk to take me to the airport.
Great view of the fort while eating breakfast, very relaxing. You can see lots of birds around the area. Very pretty.

Neutral:
Very Simple and basic breakfast (2 fruits: Bananas and papaya; you could order eggs, they had cereal and yogurt, tea and coffee). The 1 guy serving breakfast is more interested on his phone, you need to go and get him to order the eggs.
It can be noisy (but that is this city, is very noisy and dusty/dirty), bring your noise cancellation device, or buy super cheap ear plugs.

Negatives:
Towels could look a little newer.
Since the staff running the hotel (I think is a family that live there), they are not as professional as other hotels. For example, the gentleman that did my check in was going to keep my "copy of my expedia reservation. I told him I needed it. Good thing because I asked him what was the check out time, and he said 10am. I said, can I check out at 12, and he said it was ok. The next morning at 11:50am I had a person knocking on my door to see at what time I was leaving. Well, keep your papers, because the expedia reservation says check out at 12.
No phone at rooms.

I dont recommend to stay more than 2 nights. I think that in general Jodhpur was a very dirty city, very noisy and with the worst streets (lots of holes). I loved walking and in this city I maximize the use of the tuk-tuks.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank panedu50
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Prepaid the equivalent of about 3800 INR on Agoda which seemed quite expensive given the quality of the establishment and the time of year. A fairer price for a place of this quality would be about 2500 INR.

Pros:
- Free wifi (but intermittent reliability: sometimes wasn't working at all)
- Great views of the fort
- Convenient location near the clock tower
- 2 restaurants to choose from inside the building.
- Friendly staff

Cons:
- Expensive for what you get
- Noisy rooms: traffic plus neighbour noise
- Aircon wasn't working properly so the room was quite hot at night (overhead fan worked fine though)
- Hot water didn't work at night but worked fine in the morning
- Sagging mattresses, not so comfortable
- Wifi intermittent
- Towels old and stained
- 10am checkout isn't really convenient if you want to see the fort in the morning and then leave (fortunately I was able to negotiate a slightly later checkout, but sheets and towels were removed at 9am for laundry).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 April 2014

room is basic, it smelled smoky which was very noticable upon entering the room. We were only given 2 bath towels, no floor mat or hand towels and they were very dingy. It was hard to regulate the hot water. Sleeping in the bed felt like sleeping on lawn chair slats, very uncomfortable. Breakfast was very disappointing. The restaurant was not very clean, there was white sandwich bread, a box of cereal and yogurt. you could get an egg, but it took a very long time and the atmosphere was so off putting, by then I was no longer interested. There are many stairs.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends