Govind Hotel
US$48
US$75
US$70
  • Pool
All reviewshis sontrain stationbudget hotelmr jaggirooftop restaurantthe ownerfort view restauranthot waterauto drivercooking classreached jodhpurclock towerstandard roommehrangarh fortclean roomspersonal touchcomfortable stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I have stay at this hotel 5 or 6 times over the last 20 years. It is across from the train station and easy to find. Very convenient if you're taking the early train to Jaisalmer or Jaipur. The rooms are clean and good value. The food at the rooftop restaurant is very good and you can have a beer with your meal. Jaggi, the owner, works hard to keep the standards up and makes sure that you have a good stay. On my last visit, I mentioned to him the various times I had stayed there like the night a storm brought down the overhang of the rooftop restaurant, or the day India shut down business during the Gujarat riots to cool things off. He was truly appreciative that I've stayed with him when I came to Jodhpur as he does his best to run a good hotel. I don't think you can find a more convenient, better run budget hotel in Jodhpur. Thank you, Jaggi.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Richard H
govindhotel2000, Owner at Govind Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Thank you Richard, excellent. I feel very will happy when customers repeat their stay with us. I was also very happy when you told me the instances when you had stayed with me. Next visit to my hotel, Richard, first day free. Thanks, jaggi.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Govind Hotel has just a touching distance from jodhpur Railway Station.Rooms are good but the standard rooms are little bit smaller.The hotel owner Jaggi Uncle is a sweet person.The BISHNOI Tour organised by him is best.We saw lots of peacocks,eagle,black bucks,deers,nilgai etc around bishnoi village.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank SouravAudit

Thanks for write up. Yes our standard rooms are small but very clean and nice. Our Bishnoi trips have always been exciting. Thanks, jaggi.

Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

The hotel was near of railway station and Great location On the road . Feel like that hotel home . ThEy also free wi fi available in the room and reception . Great roof top view from fort and clock tower .also staff was friendly and helpful I will highly recommended that hotel ......... ursha ..

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank urshkha

Thanks for a short and sweet write up, a few words really meant, means a lot.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

The hotel is bang opposite to the railway station therefore extremely convenient for those coming in/leaving by train. Even for those flying in, Jodhpur is such a small city, it took me barely 15 minutes to get to the hotel!

Rooms- The room was very clean and had all basic necessities. Nothing to complain about. Also, easily available hot water, which is a super must for me in cold cities! This comes as a rarity in budget hotels most times and therefore brought a huge smile on my face!
Staff- Extremely helpful and warm.
Food- The restaurant is a nice cozy rooftop setup with a view of the fort.
Overall experience- Very good!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank vinita2410
govindhotel2000, Owner at Govind Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Thanks, yes we not only have hot water which might be a rare in budget hotels but we have all the facilities of a star hotel, with a smiling welcome. Thanks for write up, jaggi.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I'll start with everything that was good with Govind.
We were picked up from the station to be walked back to the hotel! Although the man who walked us didn't say a word and wasn't the most welcoming, fair enough it was getting late, still a good touch.
The room itself was clean. Sheets were fine, bathroom, not spotless but definitely a level of cleanliness. The room we had was small but them we opted for the cheapest option (more in a moment).
The restaurant up on the roof was brilliant! Probably our favourite thing about Govind. Big tasty thalis at good prices all in view of the epic fort.
Location was good for the train station and a rickshaw from the sites, no problems there!
Also despite our unfriendly pick up the rest of the staff at govind were lovely, very honest and helpful and in some ways I feel a little bad writing this review but I have to be honest.
In terms of price this room was not good value at all compared to elsewhere in Rajasthan. We paid 750R a night for a room that was dark, very small, pretty loud ( not that it bothered us much). There were some lovely spacious rooms here that we saw through open doors. Unforunately on our budget we couldn't upgrade. We paid 250r's less in Jaisalmer even less in places like udaipur and pushkar and stayed in nicer more spacious rooms. We were just expecting a little more considering the price.
I would reccomend Govind but I'd probably say go for one of the nicer rooms and pay a little more. At the price we paid for our room it just wasn't good value.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Oliver H

Dear Oliver, officially we can send our pick man up only outside the railway station. We are not allowed to send anybody to the platform for a pick up. My man only will show you the sign board and you have to follow him, he will not even hello you. He will also keep a distance while he is walking. If we are caught by the railway police talking to any tourists inside the station, we have lot of problems and also have to pay a fine. Thank you for appreciating my staff. Regarding our rates, yes we charge according to the rates prevailing at the station road in Jodhpur. We are a clean hotel with all the facilities which rarely a budget hotel has. Thanks for a honest and a clean write up. Jaggi.