“Good Option in Jodhpur”

Ranked #18 of 96 Hotels in Jodhpur
Gympie
“Good Option in Jodhpur”
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

My Daughter and I stayed at the Govind Hotel for two nights recently. We found the hotel clean, well located and satisfactory to our needs. Our host, Jaggi, was an absolute treasure. Not only was he able to advise us on the best places to visit, he would discuss Indian culture, health care and anything else that you would care to know. On top of that he ( or one of his staff) would also come downstairs and negotiate fares with tuk-tuk drivers.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank FamilyGuyGympie
govindhotel2000, Owner at Govind Hotel, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thanks for the write up. I am very happy that people have the time to write the good things we do and help them. Jaggi.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We stayed here for three nights whilst my friend was sick. The rooms are nothing flash but more than sufficient and comfortable. The owner and restaurant stay are all absolutely lovely and were very caring for my sick friend. The owner was happy to help anyway he could and his main priority was to ensure we were comfortable and having good time. The restaurant on the roof is delicious. The loction of the hotel is excellent and would reccomend to anyone pending time in Jodhpur!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
govindhotel2000, Owner at Govind Hotel, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Thanks for the write up. A few good words are enough to give me some boost to do my best. We have taken care of all our sick clients and always give them an extra care. Thanks, jaggi.
Montevideo, Uruguay
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I stayed at Govind Hotel, Jodhpur, between March 24th-26th 2014 the first time. I came back for a night a few days later on my way to Udaipur.
The owner offered me a free walking pick-up from the train station, which is 150 meters away. I welcomed the offer, this was a good way to get rid off the tuk-tuk drivers that prey on every single traveler .
The person he sent to pick me up was already there waiting for me when I jumped out of the train at the station.
The rooms are clean, towel and toilet paper included (this was the only budget hotel in Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh that I got toilet paper). Also cable TV, though I never turned it on.
At the reception there is a book stand, where the books left by the travelers have been collected.
There is a nice roof top restaurant with tasty food at very reasonable prices.
The fact that the hotel is very close to the train station is an advantage, especially if you arrive late at night or you need to take an early train to Jaisalmer for example. I was hesitant in the beginning given that Im a light sleeper, afraid that the noise of trains would be a problem but actually you don’t hear anything at all. The railway booking office is not in the train station itself but in front of the hotel just crossing the street.
Through the hotel is possible to book bus tickets (to Udaipur for example, where there is no train connection), and there some other travel services (excursions around Jodhpur).
Is walking distance from the Blue City, or is possible to take one of the many rickshaws in case you don’t want to walk. Always inquire at the hotel about the rickshaws fares before jumping on one, just to have an idea if you are been ripped off or not.
Govind Hotel is a very nice place to stay, highly recommendable. On a personal level it was probably the best place I stayed in during my 3 weeks trip. The owner is a very helpful and nice person who goes the extra mile in order to assist the guest.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
govindhotel2000, Owner at Govind Hotel, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Thanks Fabiana, it's a real awesome write up. I need these write ups, since i am at a retiring age and want to retire gracefully doing all that possible for my guests. It's now 22 years that i am running Govind Hotel, will run it till my last day. My son and my daughter in law are helping me in my work, only hope to give the best to my clients. Thanks, jaggi.
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We really enjoyed our stay here. The hotel offers you Very friendly staff, good service, clean and quiet rooms, yummy and cheap food on the rooftop. The location gives you a Good access to main attractions.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
govindhotel2000, Owner at Govind Hotel, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
As mentioned, we are a budget with all the amenities of a star hotel but with a personal touch. Our hospitality towards our guest is always there but we never overdo it. Being near the station is a big advantage for us as well as our guests. All arrivals/departures at any time has always been a walking distance from the station. Rest assured that it is safe walking. Thanks LisaClara for the short and sweet write up. Jaggi.
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed 4 April 2014

If you are visiting Jodhpur for 2-3 days, this is an ideal place to stay. I, along with my wife went there during March 2014. We were overwhelmed with the behaviour of the owner Mr. Jaggi and Mr. Sohel. The hotel is very close to the Railway station (2mins walking). They gave us a very good driver for the sightseeing....We were asking for a non AC room....since there was no non AC room vacant at that moment, Mr. Jaggi provided us an AC room at non AC charge. This hotel also had a roof top restaurant....The food was very nice at a reasonable price. Overall, I must say we enjoyed a lot staying there and will recommend this for others...Thanks

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
govindhotel2000, Owner at Govind Hotel, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Some times we offer a super deluxe room to our guests if our standard rooms are not free for the rates we have committed. We, father and son are totally devoted to our work and we try to give all our guests the best. Thanks for the beautiful write up.
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

We reached jodhpur early morning. As the hotel is nearby the railway station it was not much difficult to find it. We walked to the hotel, since the check in was at 10, we were given a dormitory for some time which was very helpful for us to relax after the tiresome journey. We then checked into a super deluxe room. The room was spacious and even had an extra bed. The room and the bath room were clean. The room was well decorated. The hotel also has a roof top restaurant where continental breakfast is served. Really loved the food and the ambience. Would definitely like to visit the hotel again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
govindhotel2000, Owner at Govind Hotel, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Thanks. We usually offer free walking pick ups from the station, if we have the train details. Thank you for sweet write up, jaggi.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

We arrived early by train and were picked up and as arranges via e-mail. We were met on the platform and escorted the 5 mins to the hotel. This is a small but valuable service after a long journey and avoided a lot of the typical hassle from touts and drivers.

The double room we stayed in was bright, clean, comfortable and very large, excellent value.

The food served in the rooftop terrace restaurant was very good. I enjoyed discovering Puri Bhaji for breakfast and the Rajasthani Ghatta, a new favourite. It is a great spot for relaxing in the sun when you need a break.

Small library of books including some local guidebooks were available for reference.

Helpful open advice and direction from Jaggi, the manager with no sales pitch.

Initially I was a little guarded and wary of advice as a newcomer to India but Jaggi shared options and opinions on where to eat depending on taste and atmosphere, things to see, best routes and reasonable fares for journeys to popular places (e.g. Mandoor Gardens), we found this very helpful, just ask!

Great value budget stay and recommended.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
govindhotel2000, Owner at Govind Hotel, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Thanks, yes since we are near the station, we always offer a free pick up from early morning 5am to 11pm (2300hrs), to our customers who send us the train details. Its a service we have been offering since years but well appreciated by all our guests. Coming to the small library, yes it is by the guests for the guests. All the books there are the books left by our guests which we offer back to the other guests staying with us. Coming to the advise which i always give to my guests, always helps them in a long way. It is always a honest and genuine guidance which i feel should be given to a stranger visiting our country. It is from this honesty and helping nature of ours that they carry a good picture of our country. Thanks, jaggi.