“A great little hotel”
Review of Govind Hotel

Govind Hotel
Ranked #16 of 102 Hotels in Jodhpur
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The Govind Hotel offers a free walking pickup from the train station. While on the train to Jodhpur it dawned on me that my suitcase was quite heavy and that I'd rather not drag it to the hotel. I called the owner Jaggi, and he arranged that as well as having someone coming to meet me, that there was also an auto waiting for me at the train station as well. The auto ride lasted maybe 30 seconds. Turns out it's literally 200 metres away from the train station. It's easy to catch a ride as there's a bunch of autos that sit opposite the hotel.

I booked online through Agoda and when I arrived check in was a painless and quick procedure. I stayed for 6 nights.

I chose the penthouse suite which is on the roof. Its got a four poster double bed, a single low down bed, a bathroom and a balcony. There's also a TV, AC, and a good connection to the WiFi. You could just use the room for somewhere to sleep, but it's nice enough to sit in for a while to get out of the midday sun or people watch from the balcony in the evening. If your used to the barrage of noise of somewhere like Kolkata then here is fine, even quiet, I could easily zone it out completely, however, for some people it may be quite loud. The door to the room is accessed from the rooftop restaurant, not a hallway. Just bear in mind that in the morning you'll be stepping out straight into civilisation, no waking up as you walk wearily down the hall.

The restaurant has tasty food and is reasonably priced. I only had dinner there one evening (I think it's vegetarian only), but had a staple breakfast of a mushroom and cheese toastie with mango lassi most mornings, plus some very nice puri bhaji, and something with chick peas in it to shake things up. The food is prepared fresh so it takes some time to make. Vinod the cook is a friendly guy.

Overall this is a great little hotel, it's clean, it's well situated, it's got good helpful staff, reasonable rates, and if I end up in Jodhpur again I know where I'll be staying.

Room Tip: The penthouse suite on the roof is great, so long as you don't mind stepping straight out into t...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Ryan N
govindhotel2000, Owner at Govind Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Thanks a lot for such a wonderful write up. Such reviews give me a boost at this age to work hard and give 100% service to our guests. Jaggi.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

The owner Jaggi and his son are so helpful and friendly. The ac room was great with 4 poster bed, tv, hot shower, and a quiet nights sleep. WiFi in the rooftop restaurant and use of computer was useful. Breakfast wasn't great as scrambled eggs were sceptical, but overall a worthwhile place to stay with great information at hand.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert N
govindhotel2000, Owner at Govind Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Thank you Robert for the great write up. Only thing bothered me was you wrote the breakfast skeptical, scrambled eggs. Its the most simple breakfast which we make with onion/tomatoes or just plain. I am sorry for this but you should have brought this to my notice as a good friend. Well we will take care of this in future. Jaggi.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Well the hospitality of this hotel was good. Location is perfect. And there is 24x7 transportation facility. Food was also of very good quality. 24hours electricity was there. And addition to this there are lot of options to eat nearby.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
1  Thank Vibhutesh S

Thank you very much for short and sweet reply, but meant very well. Jaggi.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I came out to Jodhpur from the UK in an emergency as my father was critically ill in hospital. My parents had been staying at the Govind Hotel and so I stayed there for the duration of my week long visit. I truly do not have the words to express how wonderful Jaggi, his family and staff were to my parents and I during this difficult time. He went out of his way to make sure I was safe and comfortable and was even happy to deliver food for us all at the hospital. I wish I could have been staying under happier circumstances as the hotel itself was a real joy, the food was excellent and the room was fantastic. I would recommend this place to anyone, it was a gem and it is rare in life that people really show that amount of care and kindness to strangers when they really don't have to. Thanks to all at the Govind Hotel. Freya McLuckie

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Freya M

Thanks Freya, no words to express you great write up. You will definitely be with us in the best of time. I will treat you the same way as i did before. Thanks, jaggi.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff. Were happily surprised by great tour of the Jodphur hotspots by rhishaw driver Mr Govind. Recommended if you want a place close to the station that is simple, reasonably priced and that has attentive staff.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Fenh2014
govindhotel2000, Owner at Govind Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

. Thanks for a sweet and short write up. We organize sight seeing with some great auto rickshaw drivers, always been friendly and helping. Jaggi..

Reviewed 27 April 2014

The roof top restaurant serves tasty dishes. But the fort view is obstructed by a hoarding... Amitabh trying to sell something. But we can't expect the owner of the property to take control of all external factors.

Whatever is within his control, he manages well. Though we booked a small room, he gracefully allotted a big room for the same price [as that room was unoccupied that day]

The room, bed, sheets , toilet... everything were impeccably clean.

We planned to do a train trip to osiyan by train and asked his advice. He told us to take the bus, instead of train, and that proved to be a useful tip.

No fuss in taking care of our luggage after check-out. We left it there for one whole day.

Location is a great advantage for those travelling to jaisalmer. The train leaves around 11:45 PM. One can take a leisurely walk of 5 minutes and take that train.

Though we were offered a walking pick-up, we thought not to disturb them, and walked without guidance. Come to the entrance of the Jodhpur junction. Take the road on the right hand side. Reach Janta sweets. Govind hotel is just opposite to this shop[see photo]

date of stay:14th april 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank sivaglobal

Thanks, maybe Amitab Bachchan likes our hotel too, reason is he is always on that hoarding. Yes, we have free storage for our guests, good roof top and clean rooms. I make it a point to give the best to all my clients. Jaggi.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We stayed here a quick night - just passing through from Jaisalmer to Varanasi. We got in late but were warmly received. Our room was HUGE, clean (by Indian standards) and the bathroom had hot water. TV in the room with lots of channels too.

The entire place is painted in a colorful motif and they also have a cooking school. Speaking of the cooking - we had dinner and breakfast there - both were very good.

I'm not sure about the actual area this hotel is in and how central it is to Jodphur's main tourist attractions but for a night on a budget, this place was just fine.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wanderlustful18

Thanks, we are centrally located. Train station a walking distance and the bus station about 2-3 kms. We have professional cooks in our kitchen who serve really awesome food. There have been guests staying for 3 to 4 days and once they taste our food, they never like to go out. I appreciate your time given for my write up.