“Good service”

Ranked #18 of 96 Hotels in Jodhpur
Chiang Mai, Thailand
“Good service”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Nice room with wifi, tv and aircon for 1200 rupees, a bit overpriced, but it was such a relief for the first time to find a fully functioning hotel / guesthouse even in low season. Meals even served in the room, very comfortable. Train ticket booking office right across the road. Tuktuk to entrance of fort 120 rupees. Owner helpful without trying to be pushy. Wifi was a bit slow but it can't all be perfect. Many guesthouses in the old town seemed to be completely closed so in the end I don't mind this choice.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank FireDragonLady
govindhotel2000, Owner at Govind Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Betti, thanks for the sweet write up. Sorry for the mess up at the station for your train, hope you must have got it. We are open for 365 days and even in our off season we get good reviews like the one you posted. Thanks a million, we deserve, jaggi.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The Govind Hotel offers a free walking pickup from the train station. While on the train to Jodhpur it dawned on me that my suitcase was quite heavy and that I'd rather not drag it to the hotel. I called the owner Jaggi, and he arranged that as well as having someone coming to meet me, that there was also an auto waiting for me at the train station as well. The auto ride lasted maybe 30 seconds. Turns out it's literally 200 metres away from the train station. It's easy to catch a ride as there's a bunch of autos that sit opposite the hotel.

I booked online through Agoda and when I arrived check in was a painless and quick procedure. I stayed for 6 nights.

I chose the penthouse suite which is on the roof. Its got a four poster double bed, a single low down bed, a bathroom and a balcony. There's also a TV, AC, and a good connection to the WiFi. You could just use the room for somewhere to sleep, but it's nice enough to sit in for a while to get out of the midday sun or people watch from the balcony in the evening. If your used to the barrage of noise of somewhere like Kolkata then here is fine, even quiet, I could easily zone it out completely, however, for some people it may be quite loud. The door to the room is accessed from the rooftop restaurant, not a hallway. Just bear in mind that in the morning you'll be stepping out straight into civilisation, no waking up as you walk wearily down the hall.

The restaurant has tasty food and is reasonably priced. I only had dinner there one evening (I think it's vegetarian only), but had a staple breakfast of a mushroom and cheese toastie with mango lassi most mornings, plus some very nice puri bhaji, and something with chick peas in it to shake things up. The food is prepared fresh so it takes some time to make. Vinod the cook is a friendly guy.

Overall this is a great little hotel, it's clean, it's well situated, it's got good helpful staff, reasonable rates, and if I end up in Jodhpur again I know where I'll be staying.

Room Tip: The penthouse suite on the roof is great, so long as you don't mind stepping straight out into t...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Ryan N
govindhotel2000, Owner at Govind Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thanks a lot for such a wonderful write up. Such reviews give me a boost at this age to work hard and give 100% service to our guests. Jaggi.
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The owner Jaggi and his son are so helpful and friendly. The ac room was great with 4 poster bed, tv, hot shower, and a quiet nights sleep. WiFi in the rooftop restaurant and use of computer was useful. Breakfast wasn't great as scrambled eggs were sceptical, but overall a worthwhile place to stay with great information at hand.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Robert N
govindhotel2000, Owner at Govind Hotel, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Thank you Robert for the great write up. Only thing bothered me was you wrote the breakfast skeptical, scrambled eggs. Its the most simple breakfast which we make with onion/tomatoes or just plain. I am sorry for this but you should have brought this to my notice as a good friend. Well we will take care of this in future. Jaggi.
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Well the hospitality of this hotel was good. Location is perfect. And there is 24x7 transportation facility. Food was also of very good quality. 24hours electricity was there. And addition to this there are lot of options to eat nearby.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

1 Thank Vibhutesh S
govindhotel2000, Owner at Govind Hotel, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Thank you very much for short and sweet reply, but meant very well. Jaggi.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I came out to Jodhpur from the UK in an emergency as my father was critically ill in hospital. My parents had been staying at the Govind Hotel and so I stayed there for the duration of my week long visit. I truly do not have the words to express how wonderful Jaggi, his family and staff were to my parents and I during this difficult time. He went out of his way to make sure I was safe and comfortable and was even happy to deliver food for us all at the hospital. I wish I could have been staying under happier circumstances as the hotel itself was a real joy, the food was excellent and the room was fantastic. I would recommend this place to anyone, it was a gem and it is rare in life that people really show that amount of care and kindness to strangers when they really don't have to. Thanks to all at the Govind Hotel. Freya McLuckie

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Freya M
govindhotel2000, Owner at Govind Hotel, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Thanks Freya, no words to express you great write up. You will definitely be with us in the best of time. I will treat you the same way as i did before. Thanks, jaggi.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff. Were happily surprised by great tour of the Jodphur hotspots by rhishaw driver Mr Govind. Recommended if you want a place close to the station that is simple, reasonably priced and that has attentive staff.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Fenh2014
govindhotel2000, Owner at Govind Hotel, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
. Thanks for a sweet and short write up. We organize sight seeing with some great auto rickshaw drivers, always been friendly and helping. Jaggi..
coimbatore
Reviewed 27 April 2014

The roof top restaurant serves tasty dishes. But the fort view is obstructed by a hoarding... Amitabh trying to sell something. But we can't expect the owner of the property to take control of all external factors.

Whatever is within his control, he manages well. Though we booked a small room, he gracefully allotted a big room for the same price [as that room was unoccupied that day]

The room, bed, sheets , toilet... everything were impeccably clean.

We planned to do a train trip to osiyan by train and asked his advice. He told us to take the bus, instead of train, and that proved to be a useful tip.

No fuss in taking care of our luggage after check-out. We left it there for one whole day.

Location is a great advantage for those travelling to jaisalmer. The train leaves around 11:45 PM. One can take a leisurely walk of 5 minutes and take that train.

Though we were offered a walking pick-up, we thought not to disturb them, and walked without guidance. Come to the entrance of the Jodhpur junction. Take the road on the right hand side. Reach Janta sweets. Govind hotel is just opposite to this shop[see photo]

date of stay:14th april 2014

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank sivaglobal
govindhotel2000, Owner at Govind Hotel, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thanks, maybe Amitab Bachchan likes our hotel too, reason is he is always on that hoarding. Yes, we have free storage for our guests, good roof top and clean rooms. I make it a point to give the best to all my clients. Jaggi.