“Fantastic Homestay”

and 1 more site!
Indrashan
Ranked #8 of 196 Jodhpur B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 December 2013

if you are looking for homestay, you should look no further.Very neat and clean comfortable rooms, great food and good friendly family that runs it. Good value for money, home away from home for relaxing with good company.Indrashan is truly better than Jodhpur as a place!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 December 2013

I had been to Indrashan only for a day. What I liked most about the place was the food and hospitality. They served us great rajasthani home made food which were rare and well made. the hosts were also great company. It is a little far away from the main city, but would serve you perfect if you want to be away from the crowd.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Booked Indrashan because was late in booking and weren't sure how exactly it would turn out. However, must concede that the stay was very comfortable. Away from hustle bustle of the other accomodations located in the old city, it is perfect to come back to relax after a day of tiring exploration of Jodhpur. The hosts are caring and should be able to help out on most of your planning as well.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I stayed at Indrashan for six weeks while studying abroad in India, and I feel so so lucky to have been able to stay here. Bhavna and Chandra are the sweetest and most caring hosts you could ever hope for. I felt very well cared for, but I was also allowed plenty of freedom to roam and explore on my own. I had the perfect balance of feeling like a part of a family but also had enough privacy to work and relax. Indrashan attracts travelers from all over the world and it was really a treat being able to meet so many new people and hear their stories. The home and the rooms are beautiful and cosy with very nice bathrooms and 24/7 hot water. There are also many beautiful spaces outdoors with nice gardens and peaceful places to sit and relax. Indrashan is very conveniently located in a safe neighborhood with easy access to the city, sites, and the train station. Bhavna's cooking is magical. She offers a wide variety of dishes including some traditional Rajasthani dishes and even offers cooking classes. I was VERY well fed throughout my stay. I will definitely make my way back here some day as Bhavna and Chandra have a special place in my heart.

Room Tip: I had the small room tucked in the corner around the side of the building. There is a little bit of...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Jlievois
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Gracious hosts Bhavna and Chandrashekar Singh ....they received and looked after us with great warmth ......made our brief stay a very comfortable and memorable one.....we took two rooms ...rooms are spacious, immaculately clean and with the right décor ......the breakfasts were a good combination of continental and local cuisine, especially the jodhpuri kachoris and poha...it was a great pleasure to have their company during meals....the guidance they gave on the local shopping, eateries and places of interest were very useful and precise.....Indrashan is located in a very peaceful part of the city conveniently accessible to major locations.....highly recommended for family stay and if you are looking for a refreshing experience of a sweet home where everything is taken care of.......all the best to the Singhs....

Room Tip: Both ground floor and first floor rooms are good...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank kbAnand61
Reviewed 11 August 2013

First of all i am really sorry for writing about this "lovely home" so late.
My family and I stayed with them in December 2012 for 3 days during our Rajasthan road trip. Bhavna aunty and Chandra Uncle were the highlight of my entire trip. I don't really have to say anything more ,we just could not have asked for anything better.
They took care of our every possible need. The entire time we were here, we never for a moment felt that we were away from home. Both of them made us feel so comfortable like we were at home, and yet we had our own privacy.
Another Big highlight was the food cooked by Aunty, which is to die for, she makes the most amazing Rajasthani food that i have ever had. The food was exquisite , superb and undoubtedly the best I have had.

Room Tip: All the rooms are equally great.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank soni_tanu03
Reviewed 5 August 2013

The couple who run this homestay make it a wonderful place to spend your time in Jodhpur. They made us feel like family, especially as we got to know another lady who was staying there for several months working for an NGO.

The food here was a highlight, some of the best we had in India. We were both ill on the day we arrived and they were very accommodating when we asked for plain/simple food. There were always at least 5 dishes at mealtimes. They also introduced us to Indian sweets! The mangoes we had at breakfast were the best I've tasted. We had a cooking lesson with Bhavna which was fantastic - a real insight into genuine Indian cooking. She spent 2 hours with us, showing us how to prepare 6 different dishes and explaining everything clearly. Great fun.

The couple called a rickshaw driver to pick us up in the mornings and were happy to give us bottles of mineral water. They also recommended an itinerary for us and gave us practical advice and directions for getting from A to B. There is wifi which works in the dining room - ask for the password.

The downside of this hotel is its location, approx 20min rickshaw ride from the town centre. Both our taxi driver on the day we arrived and rickshaw drivers during our stay struggled to find it, which doubled the journey time! I would recommend getting hold of a map with Indrashan marked on so you can direct the driver yourself if necessary! However the owners provided us with business cards we could use to show drivers and Chandra even picked us up in his car when we were nearby but couldn't find it.

We wished we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple