“Expensive for what it is”

The Lodge at Angel Fire Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Angel Fire
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Expensive for what it is”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Those in my family who ski thought the skiing was very good, even though it was early in the season. They specifically commented that the staff were extremely friendly. I also had a nordic ski lesson at the Country Club associated with the resort and the teacher and the experience were excellent. That said, there are a number of drawbacks:

1. It costs $5 to stow your ski stuff or to rent a locker while skiing. This is much more expensive than other places in NM.

2. The Angel Fire lodge's fitness room is disgusting. It's cramped, hot, dirty, and has old, broken equipment. It reminded me of a public high school weight room in a poor school district.

3. The indoor pool is located in a freezing-cold breezeway, with the hot tub located up a flight of stairs from the pool. While we were using the pool, some security guard interrogated us about whether we were guests at the Lodge.

4. The condo that we rented through the Lodge front desk was adequate except for the promised wi-fi, which was off more than it was on.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank LC1968
Joe K, General Manager at The Lodge at Angel Fire Resort, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Dear LC1968 ,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with Angel Fire Resort. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Angel Fire Resort strives to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Director of Lodging

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We went skiing for 3 days and enjoyed everyday day. Everyone was cheerful, and the food and the room was great. The pool and jacuzzi were a welcome end to each day. We parked the car on day one and never used it for 4 days. We will be back.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank kerry k k
Joe K, General Manager at The Lodge at Angel Fire Resort, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
Dear kerry k k,

Thank you very much for taking time to write this review. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your experience. Your patronage is much appreciated and I am happy to hear that you will be returning.

Warm Regards,
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Have you ever wanted to take a ski trip, but thought to yourself, "I don't want to relax on this trip. I want to feel like the elevator is right in my room so I can hear people coming and going, especially the kiddie squeals." If so, then definitely stay here.

We have been here several times and knew not to expect anything fancy. But it never occurred to me to ask if there was a door that led directly from my bedroom to the elevator waiting area. You could hear the dinging, even from other floors. That is just a deal breaker. I wouldn't stay in that room again for free. And since they won't guarantee a room, if you stay in a family suite, you might get it. The worst part is, I don't ski, so I planned to stay in the room, read and relax. Yeah, right.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank blissful_in_Tx_10
Joe K, General Manager at The Lodge at Angel Fire Resort, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear blissful_in_Tx_10,

At Angel Fire Resort, we strive to provide a positive guest experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is important to us. Because of guest feedback, so many things have changed since January 2013, including discussing specific rooms with guests.

Happy and Safe Travels,

Travellers are raving about these Angel Fire hotels

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Luckily we got a good price for a last minute night away or I would have been really disappointed. The rooms, in the un-remodeled section, were dark and even my teenager commented on how dirty the carpets looked. The fireplace was seriously electric with fake fire noise and red light and we just took it as quirky fun. The rooms were big and cleanish (note the carpet stains). I was somewhat expecting the state of the hotel based on the reviews I had read.
My only complaint is that when booking I asked for adjoining rooms and was told they shared an outside entrance door so we could leave the room doors open. This is not true. The did share an entrance door, BUT YOU CAN'T LOCK IT! It is just a door to the hallway that anyone could walk in. Beware of this if you plan to have two rooms so your kids can have their own space. You will not be able to have the doors open to hear them because then you are totally open to someone coming in.

Room Tip: Make sure you get the remodeled section! Don't believe rooms are adjoining as the hallway acces...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank ZamLat
Joe K, General Manager at The Lodge at Angel Fire Resort, responded to this review, 26 October 2013
Dear ZamLat:

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve and appreciate constructive feedback, which helps us achieve our goals.

I do hope that you come back and visit us again, soon!

Quinlan, Texas
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I purchased a Groupon to stay at the Angel Fire Resort Lodge for 4 night. I stayed this past week Oct. 6-10th. It is an old lodge. I would not want to pay full price. It was not busy at all. Overall the experience was excellent for the off-season. The staff was very friendly and attended to our needs very efficiently. The rooms were not lighted very well, but that did not really bother us. The room we had was very roomy.The beds were comfortable. I have been to Angel Fire many times so I knew what to expect. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Room with a balcony.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DonnaS1957
Joe K, General Manager at The Lodge at Angel Fire Resort, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Dear DonnaS1957,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us. I am happy that you enjoyed your time and I appreciate your feedback. It is great to hear that your overall experience was excellent.

Thank you for being a returning guest and we look forward to your next visit to our resort!

Joshua
Reviewed 2 October 2013

The Angel Fire Resort is a wonderful year around destination. The suites are roomy and completely furnished. you can eat in, or go out to eat in the local restaurants. Our suite had a covered balcony. There was elevator access if needed. There was indoor swimming, two wonderful eating options with friendly efficient - at resort prices, though. Check in and out was smooth and easy. The only caution would to NOT follow your GPS through the shortest route, which will send you down the most direct route through a 9 mile curvy, bumpy gravelly treacherous mountainous road that would be a recipe for disaster in the winter or right after a rain.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Joe K, General Manager at The Lodge at Angel Fire Resort, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share you experience with the on-line community. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. It is great to see that you visited us during the summer season and that you were able to travel the roads that you were guided to take.

I do hope that you return in the Winter.

Take care and Happy Travels,
Joseph Kendall
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My family and I stayed over the weekend and had a wonderful time. We were there for the bike park ( my son's love downhill mountain biking ) and were impressed at how accommodating the hotel is to bikes. They have storage areas for your bikes or you can store them in your room with their rakes. The hotel is right at the chair lift and is perfect if you are doing anything associated with the mountain. The front deck staff is superb! They are respectful, kind and very helpful. They made our stay a special one.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Joe K, General Manager at The Lodge at Angel Fire Resort, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share you experience with the on-line community. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I look forward to sharing this with our team members.

Take care and Happy Travels,
#3 of 15 in Taos
Alpine Lodge & Hotel
Alpine Lodge & Hotel
#6 of 8 in Red River

Been to The Lodge at Angel Fire Resort? Share your experiences!