Those in my family who ski thought the skiing was very good, even though it was early in the season. They specifically commented that the staff were extremely friendly. I also had a nordic ski lesson at the Country Club associated with the resort and the teacher and the experience were excellent. That said, there are a number of drawbacks:
1. It costs $5 to stow your ski stuff or to rent a locker while skiing. This is much more expensive than other places in NM.
2. The Angel Fire lodge's fitness room is disgusting. It's cramped, hot, dirty, and has old, broken equipment. It reminded me of a public high school weight room in a poor school district.
3. The indoor pool is located in a freezing-cold breezeway, with the hot tub located up a flight of stairs from the pool. While we were using the pool, some security guard interrogated us about whether we were guests at the Lodge.
4. The condo that we rented through the Lodge front desk was adequate except for the promised wi-fi, which was off more than it was on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel offers your choice of spacious rooms and suites, just steps from the Chile Express chairlift at the hub of Angel Fire, New Mexico. Each room features two queen beds-perfect for your family (or friends). Take a plunge in the indoor pool, enjoy a relaxing soak in our hot tub, sweat it out in the fitness center or just enjoy our free WiFi Internet access after a fun day of skiing and snowboarding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your The Lodge at Angel Fire Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angel Fire Hotel Angel Fire
- Angel Fire Ski Resort
- Angel Fire Resort Hotel
- The Lodge At Angel Fire Resort New Mexico