I cannot agree more with the previous review “Nothing can Match what they did for us”. We too have just returned from another memorable visit to Devi Garh (the 3rd time in 5 years). We travel a lot and rarely visit a location twice - Devi Garh just keeps calling us back. Read my previous reviews, I wont repeat myself. Since our last visit, the palace has changed management twice. A lot can change in 5 years (especially in India). Thankfully at Devi Garh, all for the better. Thankfully the current custodians are Lebua (the luxury Asian group). Asia does hotels like nobody else, Indian hospitality cannot be rivalled. Rajasthan is not Goa, Devi Garh is not just a hotel - it is integral to the village and people who surround it. Something the current management respect. So whats changed? The extensive new menu (including more international options), the home grown fresh ingredients. The wine list. The pool area, the Spa. The plump, blooming gardens. The entire vibe actually. Too much to list. But none of this happened by accident - its down to Lebua, the delightful staff and especially Rachna Sharma the (live in) Manager. A young, charismatic (and somewhat glamorous) lady. Rachna understands that you get the best out of your team - by treating them well and equal. Modern, progressive management in the most traditional part of India. With Lebua the staff are now very happy (I've had the privilege to get too know many of the staff over the years). Akhtar and Amit are like brothers. It says everything, when Rachna invited us for cocktails that lasted two fun hours. She even called us personally when we left - to bid us a fond farewell. I doubt she gets much sleep, as this is a lady who achieves perfection - by continuously seeking what can be improved. Not much actually! All in the tiniest of detail - I doubt there is not a single tree that has not been relit by her own hands. Devi Garh is now re attracting the crowd who have long known its beauty. Many (like us) return and return again. Not just for the palace and breathtaking location - but especially for the lovely friends we have kept in the hotel and village.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- RAAS Devigarh was conceived as a place where the past meets present. Nestled in the Aravali hills 28 kilometers away from the bustle of Udaipur, this all suite luxury resort assumes the look of modern India with an emphasis on design and detail. The interiors of 18th century fort palace of Delwara were transformed in a minimalist manner while conserving 250 year old exterior. The tranquil ambiance makes this Fort Palace an ideal wellness destination. The La Terre Spa by L'Occitane at RAAS Devigarh is a meditative place for rejuvenation. It offers an extensive selection of therapies that are a fusion of Indian and Mediterranean wellness concepts. The renowned French beauty brand offers its signature treatments alongside bespoke treatments for clients, using local flowers and herbs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your RAAS Devigarh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Devi Garh Hotel Rajsamand
- Devi Garh Fort Palace Rajsamand
- Devi Garh Fort Palace Hotel
- RAAS Devigarh India/Rajsamand, Rajasthan