“Hill top sanctuary oozing history and lushness”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of RAAS Devigarh

RAAS Devigarh
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Rajsamand
London
“Hill top sanctuary oozing history and lushness”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

Devi garh is a hill top jewel in Rajasthan. It is Nestled in the Aravali hills, about 15 miles away from Udaipur.
Once arriving at the imposing black gates, one knows that great heritage is awaiting on the other side. The drive up the hill dotted by cows and ancient trees are just a glimmer of the sheer beauty that awaits one around the bend.
Devi garh has been loving restored, the fort/palace that housed the royal family for 300 hundred years is now a heaven for the tired traveller.

The Ganesh watching over the gates welcomes the travellers with a rose petal shower which rains over you as you cross the threshold.

We were greeted by the door, our bags swiftly taken and escorted to a pit stop for cold towels and a rose scented refreshing drink before taken to our rooms.

Devi Garh transported us to the days of old India when royal families ruled in opulence and sheer decadence.
The views are breathtaking and the fort gives it's secrets away in increments as you explore it.
The rooms are gorgeous, each room has it's outdoor area where you can relax, read and have your afternoon tea.
The restaurant is headed by a very talented chef, serving delicious food set against magical views.

The staff are superb, polite, helpful and only seem to appear when you need them.

You could spend couple of days simply exploring the grounds before you would even make it to Udaipur.

Whether you like camel rides, horse riding, swimming, spaing, yoga, cycling or hiking... They can arrange it for you right there.

We loved this gorgeous fort and look forward to going back.

Room Tip: All the rooms are just lovely!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank NedaNikbakht
DeviGarhbylebua, Manager at RAAS Devigarh, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for sharing your feedback. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed the services and stay very much at Devi Garh by lebua.

We look forward to welcome you back at Devi Garh by lebua!

Best regards

Team Devi Garh by lebua.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

I am flabbergasted at all of reviews extolling the service at Devi Garh. I have to admit that it is gorgeous and rooms cannot be better. Mine had an outside porch, which was great for relaxing. And therein lies the problem - I relaxed there for 8 hours. Upon checking in the man showed me the room. It was stifling and I said the a.c. wasn't on. It wouldn't work. He wasn't convinced, but I insisted on someone checking it out. Long story short, this went on ALL day. Given the heat, propping open the door didn't do much.
I called and went to the desk repeatedly during the day, asking for another room. They made promise after promise. When it was still not working after dinner (the manager at that point admitted that the a.c. didn't work- it wasn't all in my mind) they gave me the room next door. Huh?? The place was hardly full. Given the price, the long trip to India, I would never trust a penny or a moment of my precious time by risking staying here again. The staff needs professional training.

Room Tip: get one with working a.c. Rooms with patios are really nice.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Rosanna T
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

What can we say... this hotel is a very special place and we will never forget our experience here.

The palace is beautiful and is blessed with stunning views. The rooms have a great contemporary feel about them whilst maintaining the heritage of the palace.

The food... excellent. A great range of cuisines. Private dining is a must - so many beautiful locations hidden in the palace.

The overall experience is enhanced by the wonderful staff who will go the extra mile. The general manager is incredible and has an excellent eye for detail. Rahul organised our trip to Udaipur and called us at every step to ensure that everything was going smoothly. Raj was so helpful. We had great conversations with Debi. Akhtar took us on a great tour of the nearby village. The front desk were very efficient at amending our travel plans. We are obviously omitting to mention others but everyone contributed to making our stay a memorable one.

We could go on...

All in all a great hotel to relax and be pampered!

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank AdeleetKalish
DeviGarhbylebua, Manager at RAAS Devigarh, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing your valuable time and sharing the feedback. We are pleased and really appreciate the generous gesture and your feedback. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated the facilities & services.

Look forward to welcoming you back at our tranquil Palace soon.

Best regards

Team Devi Garh by lebua.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

I spent two nights with my wife to celebrate her birthday. We had the chance to sleep in two different suites: one in the modern area close to the swimming pool and one in the fortress. The first was very comfortable but without a great view as the rooms are along an internal garden, while the latter had a fantastic view as the fortress lies at the heart of a valley surrounded by steep hills. The same view you can get from the bar, the restaurant and at a lower level the swimming pool. The service was impeccable and my wife was offered a big bunch of red roses the day of her birthday. Kindness followed us at every twist and turn of our stay. The food was good and well served but not the point of strength. Service as the room service always impeccable. One of the best hotels I have ever been.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Marconiada
DeviGarhbylebua, Front Office Manager at RAAS Devigarh, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Guest

Many thanks for your kind review. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Regards
New Delhi, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I visited lebua with my family to celebrate my brothers birthday on April 10. I have stayed at lebua Bangkok thrice and expected similar level of excellence... To my disgust n disrespect I was made to feel that Lebua is above their guests. Even after reserving a table for dinner at 5 pm. I was questioned rudely at gate no 1 about reservations . I was made to wait for 10 mins till the time the great guard at gate no. 1 could get confirmation that I have come after reserving table . Then comes gate number 2 where again the same episode of table reservation was repeated. Why would some one cone so far without reserving table. In any case only two other tables in the whole dining hall had diners. I was sceptical of returning back because I had driven really far away from my home to reach lebua. I asked the waiter if this is a regular treatment with outside guests and he replied that some rachita\ ruchika who is the manager has made these rules!! So technically had I not reserved a table I would have been shunned out at gate level only!! Coming to food, the starters were good and the offerings in the menu too were wide enough. Basic fresh lime was pathetic and was served in a normal drinking water glass, sans ice! The gnocchi was high in salt. Lasagne was not at all hot. The candle light dinner concept is a big failure as one can't read the menu and the waiters have to fetch a torch for you... More so it gets ridiculous when the candle blows off and no body bothers to lift it up again . Lastly, because 11ish seemed to be sleeping time for the staff, the lights near the water body decorated entry were switched off and we had to use our cell phone torches to reach our car! After all this the guards asked for a tip as if it's some local market where we parked the car due to their mercy!! I would say, if you want ok kindA food served in darkness and constant scrutiny at gates then pls drive down to the distant devigArh managed by lebuA!

Stayed April 2014
3 Thank shivang_mansi
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

I cannot agree more with the previous review “Nothing can Match what they did for us”. We too have just returned from another memorable visit to Devi Garh (the 3rd time in 5 years). We travel a lot and rarely visit a location twice - Devi Garh just keeps calling us back. Read my previous reviews, I wont repeat myself. Since our last visit, the palace has changed management twice. A lot can change in 5 years (especially in India). Thankfully at Devi Garh, all for the better. Thankfully the current custodians are Lebua (the luxury Asian group). Asia does hotels like nobody else, Indian hospitality cannot be rivalled. Rajasthan is not Goa, Devi Garh is not just a hotel - it is integral to the village and people who surround it. Something the current management respect. So whats changed? The extensive new menu (including more international options), the home grown fresh ingredients. The wine list. The pool area, the Spa. The plump, blooming gardens. The entire vibe actually. Too much to list. But none of this happened by accident - its down to Lebua, the delightful staff and especially Rachna Sharma the (live in) Manager. A young, charismatic (and somewhat glamorous) lady. Rachna understands that you get the best out of your team - by treating them well and equal. Modern, progressive management in the most traditional part of India. With Lebua the staff are now very happy (I've had the privilege to get too know many of the staff over the years). Akhtar and Amit are like brothers. It says everything, when Rachna invited us for cocktails that lasted two fun hours. She even called us personally when we left - to bid us a fond farewell. I doubt she gets much sleep, as this is a lady who achieves perfection - by continuously seeking what can be improved. Not much actually! All in the tiniest of detail - I doubt there is not a single tree that has not been relit by her own hands. Devi Garh is now re attracting the crowd who have long known its beauty. Many (like us) return and return again. Not just for the palace and breathtaking location - but especially for the lovely friends we have kept in the hotel and village.

Room Tip: Both the Palace and Aravali Suites are very generous in proportions and have the astonishing views...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank timsw6
DeviGarhbylebua, General Manager at RAAS Devigarh, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Tim & Charlie

I would personally like to thank you for the generous review of DeviGarh by lebua. We at lebua always try to innovate and evolve our services to enhance guest experience by adding that emotional touch like our philosophy.

The team & I look forward to welcoming you back.

Best Wishes - Rachna Sharma
Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

I run indias most successful social event company. To celebrate my friends 15th wedding anniversary we took 35 couples for weekend from across India to devigarh Palace. They exceed all our expectations. The team led by Ms Rachna sharma and execution by Mr raj showed Highest level of professionalism. Being in trade for last 15 years and having managed events across the globe we know very well about hotel gm attitude, hotel staff approach and overall team support in executing an event.. We have had many bad experiences in past and few good ones. But this hotel surpasses all under all barometers. Hotel r rooms are most beautiful, location is scenic, welcome is warm, ambience is serene, as sun sets we see totally different place glowing under amber uplights. Pool is temperature controlled and most welcoming. If you are lucky enough to be staying at the presidential suite you will have experience of your life. Food is awesome and the variety served us unbelievable. Right from regal rajasthani thali to Italian oriental north Indian and continental food all is served by former chefs trained at best of 5 stars across india. I am a very choosy and demanding person and red as an agency is tuff to deal, but outing the weekend we had no Issues which were not solved, not a single stress moment with hotel staff, they are all always willing to help and go out of the way to make our event successful..my sincere advise to all readers is to go ahead and experience life at devigarh Palace. . It's not worth missing it.. you only live once.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank saurabhagrawal1976
DeviGarhbylebua, General Manager at RAAS Devigarh, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Dear Saurabh

I thank you personally for writing a wonderful review for Devigarh by lebua. Indeed it was a delight to host you and your peers / friends, am sure they have gone back with fond memories of the celebration.

We at lebua always try to exceed the guest expectations by staying flexible to the best of their requirements. And I am glad you had a wonderful experience of same. I look forward to welcoming you back !!

Best Wishes - Rachna Sharma
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rajsamand
Taj Lake Palace Udaipur
TatSaraasa Resort & Spa
TatSaraasa Resort & Spa
#9 of 151 in Udaipur
The Lalit Laxmi Vilas Palace Udaipur

Been to RAAS Devigarh? Share your experiences!