Devi garh is a hill top jewel in Rajasthan. It is Nestled in the Aravali hills, about 15 miles away from Udaipur.
Once arriving at the imposing black gates, one knows that great heritage is awaiting on the other side. The drive up the hill dotted by cows and ancient trees are just a glimmer of the sheer beauty that awaits one around the bend.
Devi garh has been loving restored, the fort/palace that housed the royal family for 300 hundred years is now a heaven for the tired traveller.
The Ganesh watching over the gates welcomes the travellers with a rose petal shower which rains over you as you cross the threshold.
We were greeted by the door, our bags swiftly taken and escorted to a pit stop for cold towels and a rose scented refreshing drink before taken to our rooms.
Devi Garh transported us to the days of old India when royal families ruled in opulence and sheer decadence.
The views are breathtaking and the fort gives it's secrets away in increments as you explore it.
The rooms are gorgeous, each room has it's outdoor area where you can relax, read and have your afternoon tea.
The restaurant is headed by a very talented chef, serving delicious food set against magical views.
The staff are superb, polite, helpful and only seem to appear when you need them.
You could spend couple of days simply exploring the grounds before you would even make it to Udaipur.
Whether you like camel rides, horse riding, swimming, spaing, yoga, cycling or hiking... They can arrange it for you right there.
We loved this gorgeous fort and look forward to going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- RAAS Devigarh was conceived as a place where the past meets present. Nestled in the Aravali hills 28 kilometers away from the bustle of Udaipur, this all suite luxury resort assumes the look of modern India with an emphasis on design and detail. The interiors of 18th century fort palace of Delwara were transformed in a minimalist manner while conserving 250 year old exterior. The tranquil ambiance makes this Fort Palace an ideal wellness destination. The La Terre Spa by L'Occitane at RAAS Devigarh is a meditative place for rejuvenation. It offers an extensive selection of therapies that are a fusion of Indian and Mediterranean wellness concepts. The renowned French beauty brand offers its signature treatments alongside bespoke treatments for clients, using local flowers and herbs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your RAAS Devigarh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Devi Garh Hotel Rajsamand
- Devi Garh Fort Palace Rajsamand
- Devi Garh Fort Palace Hotel
- RAAS Devigarh India/Rajsamand, Rajasthan