We stayed at the Nahargarh Ranthambhore Fort for 2 nights as part of our Travel Indochina Highlights of Rajasthan Tour.
Our first view of the hotel was at night when we arrive via train from Agra and it loomed up out of the darkness. What a sight it was all lit up like a Christmas tree.
The Hotel was just amazing and very grand looking and you would never know it wasn’t actually an original Fort but had been purpose built as a hotel.
Great atmosphere and staff were very helpful and courteous.
Our room was massive but very basic and simple and had a HUGE Padlock that you needed to attach when you left the room.
One point to note was that what look like light switches outside the room also control the air conditioning inside the room and if you accidentally turn the wrong switch off then it can get very hot. Just a suggestion but the hotel might either want to let guests know about this or at least put labels on the switches.
The grounds and pool area were great and we explored them and had a swim in between safaris into Ranthambhore National Park, where we did both a Dawn Jeep and Afternoon Canter safari. Saw lots of wildlife and even Tiger poo and Tracks but no Tiger. We even saw the carcass form the kill which we jokingly said they dragged out on a wire whenever a group of tourists go past.
Breakfast, lunch and Dinner were included.
Breakfast and lunch were ok and had a small selection and also an egg station.
Dinner was fantastic out under the stars with a Tandoor Oven BBQ one night and live entertainment.
One of the highlights of our Rajasthan tour, thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and a great base for Ranthambhore National Park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nahargarh, the most luxurious hotel lies nestled at the foot hills of 'Aravali ranges' neighboring the RanthamboreNational Park. Surrounded by a 16th century style fortress, Nahargarh is built like a traditional Rajput hunting palace complete with a vast “Char Bagh” or formal Mughal garden. It sure is the perfect base to explore Ranthambore from the lap of luxury filled nature. Nahargarh is a complete habitat in itself as one can see several animals and birds, performing their playful acts in the surrounding grasslands. The proximity of Nahargarh to the National Park makes it a travelers' hub. With 68 ultra luxurious rooms It offers the best-in-the-industry facilities for accommodation and dining. Nahargarh with its vast gardens well appointed conference halls and luxurious accommodations is also an ideal location for hosting fairytale weddings and conferences.The 68 large aristocratic deluxe and super deluxe rooms are thoughtfully located in peaceful surroundings for an undisturbed privacy at Nahargarh. Rooms on the first floor have individual courtyards to admire the beauty of lush jungle and beyond while the suits on the second floor have private terraces with stunning view of the National Park. Every accommodation at Nahargarh has been designed in a unique sequence of color, style and ambience. Also the rooms are fully equipped with the latest gadgets of luxurious living.The multi cuisine restaurant offers lip-smacking food from a variety of global cuisines to the guests.The major facilities include: Telephone/A.C | Laundry Service | Doc on call | Money Exchanger | Travel Desk |Free internet| Wifi complimentary| Car Parking | Recreation Area | Swimming Pool | Power Back up | Running Hot and cold Water | Reading Hall | Travel Guide | Multi Cuisine Restaurant | Lancer's Bar | All Major Credit Cards accepted. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Nahargarh Ranthambhore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nahargarh Ranthambhore Hotel Sawai Madhopur
- Nahargarh Ranthambhore India/Sawai Madhopur