“Hospitality at its best”

Hotel Green View Ranthambhore
Ranked #13 of 42 Sawai Madhopur B&B and Inns
Mumbai
“Hospitality at its best”
Reviewed 15 July 2011

I love wildlife photography, So going to Ranthambhore is you can say a must for every wildlife enthusiast ,On my first two visits there I stayed in a five star property, But Soon I Realized That I am going there too often and staying in a five star is becoming a bit heavy on my pocket, So a little Google search in finding a budget accommodation in Ranthambhore took me to Hotel Green View. I spoke with the manager Vishnu Singh Rathod and he quickly gave me the best A.P.plan with the pickup and drop at the Sawai Madhopur station.
On reaching the Sawai Madhopur station, The pickup vehicle (generally a open gypsy) was on time and we headed to the hotel which was a 10 min drive.
On reaching the hotel I was greeted with the manager Vishnu sigh and he quickly introduced me to his small army staff.(They are truly an army coz they make sure you stay here safe, comfortable and happy.)
The rooms were neat and clean, Toilets clean, Air conditioner, Television properly working.
Breakfast, lunch, dinner is either served in the room or you can sit on the terrace facing the beautiful Aravali And Vindya mountain ranges and trust me the food is awesome! Vishnu Singh has the best of cooks ,Special Rajhasthani delicacies were made and served (Ask the cook to make them one day for dinner)
As I had come to Ranthambhore at the last moment none of my safaris to go in the park were booked,But there are no worries when Vishnu Singh is around, He managed all my safaris in the Tatkal Quota (last minute urgent safari requirement).Thanks! to him all my 6 rides to the park were successful.
The hotel also offers body massage, camel rides and crocodile and bird watching tours in nearby areas.I tried the body massage and it was really soothing after a bumpy safari ride.
Overall the place is decent, with good staff and an excellent manager,Hospitality was better than any of the 5 star hotels in the vicinity, Vishnu Sigh doesn’t have a No in his dictionary, Everything was taken care of internet connection,safari ride bookings, trip to ranthambhore fort,body massage and the best part was He even managed a night safari in the outskirts of the park where we were lucky to spot a leopard (one animal I was waiting to sight for almost 2 years).With 7 tigers and 1 leopard it surely was a great trip with great food and great stay.
My Final Words….Great Forest, Great Tiger Sightings, Great Hotel, Well Managed, You Won’t Be Disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask For The Mountain Facing Rooms First.They Will Offer A Great View Of The Mountain Ranges.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank ameya5000

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2011

We stayed here for one night and it was brilliant. The cleanest hotel we've stayed in India and the staff were so friendly. Food at the restaurant was made fresh and was really tasty.
The hotel organised a trip to the fort for a great price and a great guide - it was better than our safari trip.
Main bit of advice would be to book the safari in advance - we had to get up at 5am to try and get tickets and didn't get a jeep safari.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank kaymcd
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 6 February 2011

The rooms were cleans and new, but small for a double. I got them to book a tour for me, whom they siad would get thier agent to do. but (unknown to me) the tour they booked wasn't even in English, and the area of the park we went to was smarmed with other tour buses, and mostly rock and grass( not Jungle as proposed). There were areas we had to turn around and couldn't go it because of the mud, but didn't seem to go down a different road to make up for what we missed. The owner who booked the tour took no responsibility for booking a non-english half- finished tour. He told me to go to the park office if I wanted some money back. Those tours are very expensive for India , and like, 5 times the amount for foreigners, but that was the only reason I came to Ranthnambhore. I took another one by booking myself at the office, as I wanted to see ACTUAL jungle and understand what was being said about it. The owner nor the "agent" did nothing to rectify. Also, The restaurant was slow and didn't have many things on the menu.

Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple