“Tourist”

Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Sawai Madhopur
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Tourist”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Fabulous! We're a little concerned about it being a tent; no need, only the roof is fabric. Cool waking to peacock calls. Awesome spa. Great place from which to go on safaris. They welcome you back with cool towels and fresh juice!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
VanyavilasOberoi, General Manager at The Oberoi Vanyavilas, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for writing a review on the Trip Advisor after your visit to The Oberoi Vanyavilas.

A stay in a luxury tent at The Oberoi Vanyavilas is certainly unique; it brings you close to the nature without compromising on luxury and comfort. Our resort offers an excellent opportunity to relax and unwind in the tranquil surroundings.

We are glad that our product, facilities and services met your expectation, your stay was comfortable and enjoyable and that you have taken back pleasant memories

Service excellence with the urge to anticipate and comply with our guest needs is what we always believe in.

My Team and I look forward to personally welcoming you back soon again.

Ratna Malhotra

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

We had a wonderful stay at The Oberoi Vanyavilas in Ranthambore. The room itself was beautiful and the property stunning. What truly stands out though is the incredible service we had throughout the trip. The staff is friendly and extremely efficient, they went all out to make our trip memorable. they were superb with the kids, with the cookies and stories marked specifically to them in our room everyday.They have a fantastic Naturist Arjun who took the kids around the property and sparked a real interest in birds for the kids.
The food was outstanding- special mention of Chef Dipin who wowed us every night with fantastic food.
All in all a fabulous experience and one I would highly reccomend to everyone.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
VanyavilasOberoi, General Manager at The Oberoi Vanyavilas, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking out the time to write this fantastic review on the Trip Advisor.

A stay in a luxury tent at The Oberoi Vanyavilas is definitely unique; it brings you close to the nature without compromising on luxury and comfort. Our resort offers an excellent opportunity to relax and unwind in the tranquil surroundings.

We are glad that our product, facilities and friendly intuitive services met your expectation, your stay was comfortable and enjoyable and that you have taken back pleasant memories. Your words of compliments are unsurpassed. It gives me immense pleasure to share your valuable feedback with Chef Dipin, Arjun and my entire team. They are elated to know that you thoroughly enjoyed the services

Your words of appreciation for the team will go a long way in encouraging them to achieve higher standards of service excellence as we are committed to consistently providing warm, efficient and discrete service to our guests and the appreciation and acknowledgement is always our greatest reward.

My Team and I look forward to the opportunity of your continued visits.

Ratna Malhotra.
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

The Oberoi Vanyavilas is magical by day and night, The gardens are in full flower as you walk to your beautiful luxury tent through the paved walkways and there is a view from the observatory of the hotel site and the national park.
By night the soft lighting beside the walkways and again the view of the site and the park from the observatory is superb.
The staff are extremely polite and will do anything to make your stay enjoyable. The meals were wonderful. The staff anticipated our every wish.
We went on 5 game safaris into the park and saw 2 tigers.
We also washed an elephant which was arranged by the hotel.
The general manager, Ratna Malhotra, is a friendly and generous host who makes each guest welcome and speaks to you every day to see that everything is alright and what you have been doing.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking out the time to write this fantastic review on the Trip Advisor after your recent visit to The Oberoi Vanyavilas.

Our resort offers an excellent opportunity to relax and unwind in the tranquil surroundings. I am happy that you had a relaxed vacation and have thoroughly enjoyed the exquisiteness of the flora and fauna around.

We are delighted to know that every aspect of your experience was excellent and that our product, facilities, food and friendly intuitive service met your expectation.

Your kind words of appreciation for the team will go a long way in encouraging them to achieve higher standards of service excellence as we are committed to consistently providing warm, efficient and discrete service to our guests and the appreciation and acknowledgement is always our greatest reward.

We are very happy to know that you did see the elusive tiger as well!

My Team and I along with ‘Mala, Lakshmi’ look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Oberoi Vanyavilas soon again.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

I travel very oftenly and I can surely say that this resort is one of the best I have ever seen in India. There is very nice and peaceful environment in every corner of this hotel. Rooms, which are actually tents, have private area with small garden where you can see big variety of plants and trees and birds as well. There is no noise, no pollution around which makes your stay full oh peace and harmony with Nature. They take care of every your need in room and out of room too. I was amazed when I first entered the tent. Fabrics, crockery, information lists, magazines and even small book with short but interesting stories are really eye catching. 2 days continues we were enjoying bathtub with candles and amazing french and Italian wines which we ordered in wine menu. They have really good choice of wines and other beverages. Food menu is also nice.
I want to thank to whole hotel staff, and especially to Mrs Ratna Malhotra (GM), who was very very kind and helpful and caring. Really great service. I'm sure this is not our last visit to The Oberoi Vanyavilas:)

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

A stay in a luxury tent at The Oberoi Vanyavilas is definitely unique - it brings you close to the nature without compromising on luxury and comfort. Our resort offers an excellent opportunity to relax and unwind in the tranquil surroundings. I am happy that the charm of the stunning landscaped gardens, the serene ambiance of the resort met your expectations.

We are delighted to know that every aspect of your experience was excellent and that our product, facilities, food and service were to your satisfaction.

I have conveyed your kind compliments to our Chef’s brigade and the rest of my team; they are all extremely delighted to hear that their efforts have been so well appreciated. Thank you for your acknowledgment of my teams’ genuine care and concern and all the special touches they provided to make your stay memorable.

All of us will eagerly look forward to welcoming you back soon again.

Bangalore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Me and my wife stayed for 3nights program ( you pay for 2 nights and the 3rd night free) at this hotel from 8th May, 2014. I booked this hotel by calling the Oberoi Reservations and one Ms. Hemani was very helpful in uderstanding our requirements of the dates and the availability details and she only suggested this offer.

This hotels' entry is not all that grand like Falaknuma Palace at Hyderabad or Hyatt Regency at Jogyakarta.... But the ultra modern tent is really stunning! The room ( or the tent ) is quite huge with a lavish bath area where they have provided toilteries from Forest Essentials. The garden, the lake and all outdoor areas are maintained to the prim. We took a tour of the property with their Horticulturist professional, Ms. Neha who has a thorough knowledge of the flora of the property. She showed around all the trees ( at present the mango trees and Amla trees are in full bloom! ), plants, flowers, birds and the surroundings. We realized hiow difficult her job was... to keep this garden safe from marauding monkeys 24 X 7.

On the dining side, though they print everyday, different set of menu, still one could talk to the Chef Dipen and Saurabh who could fix you whatever preferred. We got some nice vegetarian dishes which was not part of the printed menu. The most ubiquitous Ms. Ratna, GM of the property will help you in getting your requirements fulfilled all the time.. The entire staff was very helpful and polite and they arranged all the safaris and other activities with a big smile! As this is a small hotel, all the guests are treated like some big VIPs. They took extra care of packing some food when we left the property for a 8 hour drive to Gurgaon. The room service was very swift and efficient.

One could just sit outside and watch all the birds ( some 75 varieties!) all the time or refresh your knowledge in Botany.

On the downsides, we could not find any and therefore, will go again to find.....

Room Tip: all tents are same....
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Qwelt
VanyavilasOberoi, General Manager at The Oberoi Vanyavilas, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to know that every aspect of your experience was excellent and that our product, warm welcome, food and service were to your satisfaction. Your generous indication of our performance will be a source of great inspiration and will encourage us to strive for even higher standards of service.

I have personally conveyed your kind compliments to Chef Dipin and Chef Saurabh, the Housekeeping team and to Neha, who was extremely happy to know that you have enjoyed the walk in the gardens with her. They are all extremely delighted to hear that their efforts have been so well appreciated.

All of us will eagerly look forward to welcoming you back soon again.

Newark, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

This hotel was a real highlight of our trip. Our luxury tent was very special. The highly attentive and personable service was a real treat - thank you Rohan and Gaurma. This is one of the highest levels of service we have ever enjoyed.

Seeing a tiger would have been the icing on the cake…but by my guess the sighting rate is less than 50% (possibly well less). There are 47 tigers but tourists are only allowed into 20% of the park. This area is split into 10 sections and for each visit you are allocated at random: a section; a vehicle; a guide and a driver. On our 3 visits we were allocated sections 2, 5 and 3 - each time the only tiger sighted was in section 4!!

Even if you don't see a tiger there are plenty of other animals to see and the safari trips are very enjoyable.

When they suggest you dress warmly for the morning visit please do make sure you dress as warmly as possible as the wind chill is bitter.
The hotel provides a blanket and on our second morning they also gave us hot water bottles. If you ask they can also provide a cushion and this really helps with the bumpy ride.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Oberoi Vanyavilas for your stay at Ranthambhore and for writing such a fantastic review.

I don’t have words to thank you for this feedback you have sent about your experience at The Oberoi Vanyavilas, and especially about our beautiful luxurious tents, food and genuinely friendly yet professional service.

We are very happy to know that you did see the elusive tiger as well!

My Team and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Oberoi Vanyavilas soon again.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

My wife and I have just returned from a lovely 3-night stay at The Oberoi Vanyavilas.

What can we say that we haven't already about an Oberoi hotel? If you wish to have a "twist" to camping in style, then you have to book this hotel.

We arrived from Delhi and were met by The Oberoi driver who drove exceptionally well and safely to the hotel in the dark (Thank you Raj Singh). We were greeted upon arrival at the hotel in the traditional Indian way (at 10pm mind you) and the kitchen staff had stayed behind to make us dinner (Thank you Chef Dipin and dining team (Gaurab, Kolukho, Himanshu and Harish) - the food throughout our trip was amazing. A chef destined for greater things). Thank you for ensuring our every need was met.

Our room itself was a enclosed mud-hut villa - pure luxury and glamorous camping come to mind (please see pictures). My wife and I had no issues with the views, the cleanliness of the room and the up-keep. Thank you to the team.

The hotel manager (Ratna) was an absolute gem of a hostess and it was apparent she took very seriously the every need of each and everyone of her guests (even the children). A true ambassador of The Oberoi hotels and well done to her team too (Rohan, Kartik, Rushna to name a few) of doing such an outstanding job of looking after us and all the guests. Only praises were heard many times throughout our stay.

The trips for our safari's to see the tigers were coordinated extremely well by the hotel staff and my wife and I were lucky enough to see three tigers (a dream come true!) and what a nice way to round-up such a great stay (the excellent spa facilities help get the knots out of the safari drives - thank you Sangeeta and Drema for doing your magic and revitalising my wife and I so we could endure another afternoon of tiger seeking / watching).

Thank you again to Ratna and her great team for making this weekend a lifetime worth of memories for my wife and I to fondly reminisce. We look forward to our next trip soon.

Room Tip: Enclosed Mud-Hut Villa is the room to book!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Harjit G
VanyavilasOberoi, General Manager at The Oberoi Vanyavilas, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Dear Guest,

A stay in a luxury tent at The Oberoi Vanyavilas is definitely unique, it brings you close to the nature without compromising on luxury and comfort. Our resort offers an excellent opportunity to relax and unwind in the tranquil surroundings. We are happy to know that you were thoroughly impressed with the setting of our resort and that the charm of the stunning landscaped gardens, the serene ambiance of the resort, met your expectations.

Our endeavor is to look after every guest of ours and ensure that they have a memorable stay with us. I was happy to read that our warm welcome, product, food, Spa and our services met your expectations.

Thank you for your acknowledgment of my teams’ genuine care and concern, and all the special touches they provided to make your stay memorable. Your kind words of appreciation for the team will go a long way in encouraging them to achieve higher standards of service excellence as we are committed to consistently provide warm, efficient and discrete service to our guests and the appreciation and acknowledgement is always our greatest reward.