All reviews ratna malhotra the general manager observation tower rose petals jungle drives luxury tents private garden executive chef resident elephant outstanding hotel nature walk each guest hot water bottles four poster bed magical experience game drives every request
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Beautiful tent suites, amazing service and food. Everything; the decor, the restaurant and library bar, the suites and especially the attentive management and staff are top notch. The hotel is right on the border of the park so safari and sightseeing expeditions are easy and quick. The hotel employs a staff of naturalists that can take you around the grounds to explore the floura and fauna and who do very interesting interpretive talks in the evening. A 5+ star luxury retreat to steal away from after a hot day exploring the Indian jungle. Totally worth the visit!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank psyancegirl
VanyavilasOberoi, General Manager at The Oberoi Vanyavilas, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for a most wonderful review and for rating us so highly on the Trip Advisor.

We pride ourselves in providing our guests with personalized service delivery and I am delighted that our entire team provided you an exceptional experience.

A stay in a luxury tent at The Oberoi Vanyavilās is definitely unique - it brings you close to the nature without compromising on luxury and comfort. We are glad that you enjoyed the tented accommodation and the beautiful flora and fauna around.

Your encouraging feedbacks about the Naturalist team for the evening tigers talks and the rest of my team members are much appreciated and have been personally shared with them. They will be very delighted to hear about your praise for them.

My team and I will look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Oberoi Vanyavilās soon again.

Reviewed 18 May 2017

The property and accommodations are luxurious with every amenity provided. The service is beyond expectations. The complimentary yoga class was taught by an outstanding yogi. The evening naturalist programs provided by very knowledgeable naturalist were wonderful and not to be missed. The many spa treatments were the best I have ever experienced. The onsite horticulturist tour of the hotels vegetable/herb gardens and explanation of native plants on the property is highly recommended. The food is truly superb. My five jungle drives provided awe and joy as I saw seven tigers and other abundant wildlife. I have stayed in many other luxury branded hotels around the world and none compare to the Vanyavilas. But what makes the Vanyavilas truly exceptional is Ratna the General Manager and her entire dedicated, highly trained and professional team.

Room tip: All of the luxury tents are privately and beautifully situated and one is no better than the other.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank WanderlustL0ve
VanyavilasOberoi, General Manager at The Oberoi Vanyavilas, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having chosen to stay at The Oberoi Vanyavilas and for posting such a great review on the Trip Advisor.

Staying in a luxury tent at the resort is definitely unique- it brings you close to the nature without compromising on luxury and comfort. I thank you for sharing your great feedback regarding the accommodation and the setting of the resort.

We are happy to know that you enjoyed the yoga session and the horticulture round with our in house horticulturist and the evening talks conducted by the hotel naturalist.

We pride ourselves in providing our guests with genuine and attentive service. I have shared your kind word of appreciation with my entire team and they are truly pleased to receive your gracious praise.

We all are so glad to know that you had an incredible sighting of seven majestic tigers and truly enjoyed the safari drives.

We all look forward to welcoming you back again and in providing another memorable experience.

Reviewed 17 May 2017

Being fairly well traveled would say this is one of the best experiences you could find anywhere. We traveled as a family and to say we were pampered would be an understatement.

The property is beautiful, be it the grounds of the resort or the rooms. The grounds of the resort are large and beautifully maintained. One could spend at-least a couple of days exploring just the grounds with its varied flora and fauna with specialist naturalists on hand to guide you through.

The rooms in word - Opulent, be it the luxurious four poster bed, the victorian claw foot bathtub(which our son could not seem to get out off) or the cute bath robe for kids with matching slippers!

But the thing that sets this place apart is the people. Warm friendly and really really attentive. Honestly for the money you pay the service is seriously over the top! You are never lacking for anything. Kids can be expected to be pampered to the point where you get worried that they will become demanding and spoilt. Be it stuffed toys or activities, photos,etc. etc. the list is never-ending.

The high point for our little fella was the elephant interaction with Lakshmi the resident elephant where he was told about elephants and then got to bathe her! Simply fabulous and a must do.

We could go on and on, hats off to Ratna Malhotra and her team who were fabulous hosts.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank TravelingAtma

Dear Guest

Staying in a luxury tent at the resort is definitely unique- it brings you close to the nature without compromising on luxury and comfort. I thank you for sharing your great feedback regarding the accommodation and flora and fauna around.

We are so pleased to read that your vacation was filled with many fond memories. We pride ourselves in providing our guests with genuine and attentive service.

Your beautiful comments about my entire team are much appreciated and have been personally shared with them. They are truly pleased to receive your gracious praise.

We are happy to note that your children enjoyed the elephant experience with our pet elephant Lakshmi. She is a very essential part of our team at The Oberoi Vanyavilās and we thank you for your kind words for her.

Your children were very intellectual, we all are missing them. I thank you for appreciating the little touches of placing the bathrobe, slippers, presenting soft toys, photo set and organizing activities for them. We hope that they enjoyed the same.

Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

When we arrived and were walking to our tents we passed another guest who said 'welcome to paradise,' and that was the perfect description of our stay. Ratna and her entire staff went above and beyond the call of duty to cater to our every request and even anticipate our needs. They were kind, courteous and spoiled us rotten with thoughtful gestures throughout our stay. The hotel, rooms, facilities and grounds are stunning, you couldn't get any better and the naturalist and driver who accompanied us into the jungle were well informed, and made sure we had a fantastic experience. We saw our fill of wildlife and the gorgeous forest including 5 tigers which was way beyond our expectation and that was thanks to Battilal and Goldie. The best bit of advice I can give is to do the half day ride till noon, we had the best sightings after 10:30am and then had the whole evening to enjoy the hotel. I couldn't recommend Vanya Vilas highly enough, it surpassed all expectation.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank KC993993
VanyavilasOberoi, General Manager at The Oberoi Vanyavilas, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing The Oberoi Vanyavilās for your stay and for highlighting the pleasant experience you had with us through such an encouraging review on the Trip advisor.

Personalized interaction with guests is our approach to service delivery and appreciation of our efforts in this regard from the guests drives us to do it consistently.
We are honored to read your wonderful feedback and the details of the professionalism and efficiency exhibited by my team.

We are really happy to know that you did sight 5 majestic tigers! and we thank you for appreciating the naturalist Battilal and our chauffeur Goldie. I have also shared your very kind words of appreciation with them. They were delighted to hear about your praise for them.

Values that drive our organization and our behavior include care for our guests, for each other and the importance of placing our guests first, before ourselves and the organization. I have also shared your feedback with my entire team. This will motivate all of them to continue to strive harder to excel in providing memorable experiences to our guests. Thank you once again for your generous compliments and recommendations.

My team and I will look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Oberoi Vanyavilās soon again.

Reviewed 7 May 2017

Safari time in Ranthambhore was exciting, and my stay at the Oberoi Vanyavilas was amazing. The tents are very confortable, the food is delicious, the spa treatments are very good, and the staff is really kind.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank lavila2017

Dear Guest,

We are glad to know that you did like the culinary skills of our chefs and you enjoyed the spa treatment.

Your special feedback about my team member is much appreciated and has been personally shared with them. They will be very delighted to hear about your praise for them.