All reviews ratna malhotra the general manager observation tower rose petals jungle drives luxury tents private garden executive chef nature walk hot water bottles every guest four poster bed magical experience game drives every request national park the entire staff
Reviewed 1 June 2017

To begin with, the property was magnificent. The hotel was everything we expected and more, the tents, the service, the attention to detail. The intimacy, hospitality and natural setting were hallmarks of our holiday.
I in particular, enjoyed the peacocks free reign in the property. The atmosphere at the hotel (Lakshmi, the friendly elephant, deserves a special mention) was extremely refreshing after our safaris.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone, especially wildlife lovers.
We are eagerly looking forward to another stay soon at this stunning property.

2  Thank ShainaShetye
VanyavilasOberoi, General Manager at The Oberoi Vanyavilas, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing The Oberoi Vanyavilās for your stay and for highlighting the pleasant experience you had with us through such an encouraging review on the Trip advisor.

A stay in a luxury tent at The Oberoi Vanyavilās is definitely unique- it brings you close to the nature without compromising on luxury and comfort.

We are delighted to know that every aspect of your experience was excellent and that we are exceeded your expectation.

I thank you for your positive feedback regarding our accommodation the setting of the resort and the beautiful flora and fauna around.

Our beloved pet elephant Lakshmi is a very essential part of our team at The Oberoi Vanyavilās and we thank you for your very kind words for her!

Personalized interaction with guests is our approach to service delivery and appreciation of our efforts in this regard from the guests drives us to do it consistently.

My team and I will look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Oberoi Vanyavilas soon again.

Reviewed 30 May 2017

The Area: It's not a simple journey to get here, but it was well worth the bumpy drive! This property backs right up against the Ranthambhore National Park and it's location is perfect for safari drives!

The Room: Unmatched luxury! The entire room is a tent (under another stronger tent) and it has a large 4 poster bed, multiple seating areas, a large desk and a beautiful bathroom. The first day when we arrived, it was raining and we sat out on the back porch in the lounge chairs under the canopy enjoying the rain and the wildlife.

The Pool: Simple and fairly small, but comfy chairs and umbrellas on all sides and great pool service. We ate lunch by the pool several times and received excellent service.

The Food: The breakfast and dinner selections were not great. Unfortunately it took a long while to receive our food, even when only one or two other tables were occupied. One morning, I ordered berry pancakes and received 3 tiny pancakes (the size of a fist) with no topping. I asked for the berries, and they said they were in the pancakes. Once I had finished the pancakes, the waiter arrived with a dish of berry toppings. Quite possibly, the Indian dishes were better than the continental ones.

The Safaris: The most wonderful part of this property! We went on 2 half-day drives--one starting in the early morning and one in the afternoon. We were able to see 4 tigers our first day, and 5 tigers and 2 sloth bears the second day! The jeep we had was absolutely wonderful and our driver Tejraj and our naturalist (I forgot to write down his name!) They both worked so hard to find tigers and to get us great views! They were always checking in on us and offering us cold water and snacks. We truly had such a memorable experience on both of our safaris!

The Service: All of the staff was constantly looking for ways to help and meet our every need. We were always met with chilled towels and cold drinks after our safaris. There were rose petals in our tub on our last night, sketches of tigers in our room, thoughtful touches everywhere. All of the staff is led by Ratna, the GM, who is fabulous. She is so genuine and sincere, and truly cares for her guests in every way.

We also got to see the elephant Lakshmi (rescued by Wildlife SOS) which was so special! All in all, a wonderful stay!!

3  Thank try_to_wander

Dear Guest,

A stay in a luxury tent at The Oberoi Vanyavilas is definitely unique- it brings you close to the nature without compromising on luxury and comfort. I thank you for your positive feedback regarding our accommodation and the setting of the resort.

We are really happy to know that you did enjoy the safari rides and sighted 4 majestic tigers on your first half day and the next day 5 tigers with the rare sighting of two sloth bears. We thank you for appreciating the naturalist and our chauffeur Tejraj. I have also shared your very kind words of appreciation with them. They were delighted to hear about your praise for them.

I have however noted your constructive feedback regarding our food and the service in the restaurant. We are very sorry for the inconvenient caused and we will definitely work towards improving it.

Our beloved pet elephant Lakshmi is a very essential part of our team at The Oberoi Vanyavilās and we thank you for your kind words for her!
We are really happy to know that you did admire the small and little touches by my team.

Thank you so much for your very kind words, it truly means a lot to each one of us. For each of us our guest experience matters the most and such kind words of appreciation of our efforts by our guests drives us to do the same consistently.

Please do give us another opportunity of welcoming you back soon again.

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

We visited for three nights to go on safaris in Ranthambore and couldn't have had a better stay. The service was attentive and proactive, helping us beyond our hotel stay, with our safari and train bookings. The tents and rooms are spectacular and the grounds were lovely - we really enjoyed the walk with the resident naturalist. The pool was refreshing between safaris, again with attentive service and a steady supply of cold drinks. On safaris they booked the best zones, stocked our government gypsies with a cooler of cold water, and provided raincoats and an umbrella when rain arrived. Our booking included a cocktail hour which we enjoyed at the indoor bar/lounge and outside in the mango orchard. The food was all tasty, but we particularly appreciated the early morning pre-safari set up and the lamb at dinner. We searched extensively on which park and hotel to go on tiger safaris and couldn't have picked a better spot.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Elms54
VanyavilasOberoi, General Manager at The Oberoi Vanyavilas, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2017

Dear Guest,

We thank you immensely for your beautiful praise about The Oberoi Vanyavilas on The Trip Advisor.

A stay in a luxury tent at The Oberoi Vanyavilas is definitely unique - it brings you close to the nature without compromising on luxury and comfort. We are glad that you enjoyed the tented accommodation and the beautiful grounds.

I personally shared your kind words of appreciation with my naturalist team.

We are happy to note that you appreciated our small and thoughtful efforts of putting cold water, rain coats and umbrellas in the safari gypsies. We pride ourselves in providing our guests with genuine and attentive service.

We are very glad to know that you enjoyed the culinary skills of our chefs for the dinner and in the morning before setting off for the jungle safari.

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

I have finally broken the success code of Vanyavilas.It is the General Manager,Ratna Malhotra.As the G.M. she receives every arriving guest and bids goodbye to every departing guest.She greets them in the lobby,bar and dining room.During breakfast I have seen her meet and talk with every guest having breakfast.No wonder the resort has many repeat customers - even in the hot summer month of May I found a high occupancy rate.Her approach reminded me of a very successful wildlife resort,The Manor at Ngorongoro in Tanzania where the Manager would similarly talk with every guest at dinner.Of course,the G.M. has a very good support team providing excellence in service all around at the Vanyavilas. They may like to consider a tradition followed at many upmarket wildlife resorts in Eastern Africa of a meeting with the lead guide and naturalists before the safaris,particularly for serious photographers who stay at Vanyavilas.

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank ashokmahindra

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for a spectacular review on the Trip Advisor.

We pride ourselves in providing our guests with personalized service delivery and I am delighted that our entire team provided you an exceptional experience.

Your special feedback about my entire team is much appreciated and has been personally shared with them. They will be delighted to hear about your praise for them.

Thank you so much for your very kind words, which truly means a lot to each one of us. For each of us our guest experience matters the most and such kind words of appreciation of our efforts by our guest drives us to do it consistently.

I truly thank you for sharing your kind feedback about the upmarket wildlife resorts in Eastern Africa and will immediately incorporate your brilliant suggestion.

We all look forward to welcoming you back again in January and in providing another memorable experience.

Warmest regards

Reviewed 25 May 2017

I must say my stay at the Oberoi Vanyavilas was just simply fabulous. The GM , Ratna runs a tight ship ! From the very warm welcome, to the beautiful tent ,to the superb food and ofcourse our fabulous drives into the park, our whole stay was just excellent.
When I fell sick one day, Ratna personally looked into my well being and I must say all the staff are also very caring. Highly recommended!!!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Tulika K
VanyavilasOberoi, General Manager at The Oberoi Vanyavilas, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for a most wonderful review and for rating us so highly on the Trip Advisor.

A stay in a luxury tent at The Oberoi Vanyavilās is definitely unique - it brings you close to the nature without compromising on luxury and comfort.

Your special feedback about my team member is much appreciated and has been personally shared with them. They will be very delighted to hear about your praise for them.

My team and I will look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Oberoi Vanyavilās soon again.