“Very Good Stay”

Hammir Wildlife Resort
Ranked #22 of 42 Sawai Madhopur B&B and Inns
“Very Good Stay”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We were 14 people who stayed here in mid Feb for 2 nights during our Ranthambore visits. Hotel property is big with well maintained garden and pool. We liked our stay over there. Rooms are big and spacious. Food is available on ordering only and service could be little late and needs little improvement.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I stayed here on last sunday. We were three adults and an infant, one of us suggested this hotel over my choice of another hotel in same locality, because it looks impressive from the picture. But I would say dont be fooled with it.
We reached there on last sunday afternoon for only one night, I traveled all the way from Ahmedabad (almost 16 hours train journey) and what I found -
1. Room wasnt clean - I had to tell them to clean it up. No one turned to clean it. There is no intercom phone available, everytime you have to walk all the way to reception. (almost 200 mtr away) - I went there 3 times, and then I finally gave up, as I had to go for Safari. I gave my room key for cleaning - when I was back from safari, Room was still not cleaned.
I called this guy again, and had to stand on his head to make the room clean.
2. The manager (mr. Satindar) was never available. the service guy aint listen to you. They will give you silly excuse.
3. there is no hot water available. I was told, hot water will be available at night. I had to take shower with cold water (imagine that). Dinner is not really good - I asked "Masala Papad" they made it with rosted papad, and when I asked - why is it in rosted papad. He excused like - "we dont fry one papad for making one masala papad" - I was like "WTF".
4. As I was told, Hot water will be available at night, no hot water was provided.
5. In the monring again, we were the only one at hotel, there was no hot water again. I had to get angry on them. They said there was some problem in pipe line. I went back myself to see the problem, behind there kitchen. I had to stand on their head for an hour to get the hot water, Meanwhile my wife took shower with cold water, as we were getting late to catch our train.
my wife and I both caught cold because of taking shower with cold water the next day.

I regret, i stayed in this hotel - just because of seeing the pictures. I thought it would be nice. It wasnt, No good food, no good services, not clean, and most of all, manager is never available.

The worst place i ever stayed.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ajay_Dabhi

Travellers are raving about these Sawai Madhopur hotels

Noida, India
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We opted to stay in this property from 4th Oct.2013 till 6th Oct,2013. We stayed in super deluxe cottage (pool facing), hardly there was space to put extra bed. There was no geyser in bathroom. They said that hot and cold water in the tap, but 1 bucket of hot water (1/3 fill) was provided after 2 hrs repeated calls. No intercom, no call bell in the room .No local cuisine was provided, food was ok without any variety. The same breakfast was repeated. The property was good but not maintained at all. Spider webs in rooms, hardly could find housekeeping guy, overheard by other guest about toilet chocked. Swimming pool was non operational though peek season had started. Wastage of money, can't recommend any one.

Room Tip: Don't go by the pics, even travellers pic.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank yashodhara1980
sydney
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Stayed here as part of our tour and it proved to be quite relaxing and quiet. There is a central swimming pool and sunny grassed area, perfect for relaxing and the north facing rooms were very welcome, opening onto a wide verandah.
But because it was December the nights were frigid and the rooms ill equipped for this (tiled floors). Hot water supply was patchy also. Ask for extra blankets and a room heater.
Our host was wonderful organised an outdoor fire-side bar in the evening, but the chilly nights meant you didn't really want to stay out too long. The buffet meals were substantial and good but nothing special.
It is a bit far for walking into town and is set up for touring the National Park nearby, however the staff were always friendly and accommodating and eager to help where possible.

Room Tip: Ask for a north facing room - will be sunnier and the wide verandahs should protect from the summer...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Bombay
Reviewed 10 January 2013

lead a Bombay Natural History Society camp in June 2012
ROOM: Large but not very cozy.
BATHROOM: Clean.
FOOD: Food is ok (4 out of 10), the taste is ok and hygienic.
STAFF: Very laid back and not helpful, though being a resort for Ranthambore the staff was never punctual. The Manager Satyendraji was very helpful but needed regular reminders.
INTERNET AND NETWORK: No Wifi, network is a good with data connectivity available.
AMBIANCE: The property is the biggest plus point for this place, the place is amazing with nice ambiance.
BIRDING and other wildlife: Around the property one can find Purple and Purple-rumped Sunbird, oriental Magpie, Red-vented Bulbul and a few others.
*Tip: Keep your valuable LOCKED in your bags.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 January 2013

We stayed at the property from 29th Dec 12 to 1 Jan'13. Was initially very apprehensive about the place after reading the reviews by some of the guests here. Surprisingly it turned out to be excellent. I paid 5k per room(Delux Room) including food for two people. Room was clean. Toilets were clean with hot running water. Service was really good, even though i saw they had a resource crunch since all the rooms were occupied during this time. They even arranged for a b'day cake to be brought from the town since one of my friends had a b'day at no extra cost.
They even arranged for last minute changes in our safari booking. Two of the people we had initially booked for didn't turn up and someone else came on their behalf. They changed the booking and exchanged with some other agencies for the safari just to accommodate our two guests, especially considering this was the peak season and bookings were not easy to get. I really liked the food. It was a fixed menu breakfast, lunch & dinner. Nothing fancy or heavy that takes a tool on your tummy. Simple and tasty home cooked meals.
One thing i felt was that the place has a lot of potential but hasn't been maintained that well. If only they can renovate it a little the place can be excellent.

Room Tip: The only room that i know about are the Delux rooms. They are good. Hot water takes couple of minute...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Minus

We have got the most terrible room. Price was sky rocketing INR 2800 per day per room that is Non AC standard room. The room does not even match to the 10% of the room shown in the picture.
- The room was horrifying, There was dust everywhere.
- There were spiders, ants, dirty bedsheets.
- Television was damaged, Taps were not working properly.
- There was no dustbin in the room. Bathroom was not neat
- Very simple and basic restaurant. Food was not upto the mark.
- Swimming pool was very small, suitable for kids only

Plus

- The garden was very nice and clean, well equipped with garden furniture.
- The Hotel staff was polite (although they were unable to manage the hotel)
- The place is good for kids to roam around as it is big resort.

I suggest pepole to think ten times before going to hammir resort.

Room Tip: If you are going with kids than i can recommend you this place if you have no option. This place...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends