All reviews the cottages plunge pool vegetarian food outdoor bath small pond resident crocodile local community the main house hot water bottles national park rocking chairs game drives vegetarian hotel before dinner camp fire home grown wake up call
Reviewed 14 March 2017

We stayed at Khem Villas for three nights, in one of the rooms in the main house. The room and bathroom were large, and beautifully decorated with Indian cottons. The resort's overall environment was great, with lots of locations to watch for wildlife or just relax. Drinks and nibbles each evening around the fire were delightful. The food was very good, particularly the lunches. The restaurant staff were attentive but lacked confidence. We never saw the staff who looked after our bedroom but they did a fantastic job. We particularly loved the hot-water bottles each night, a great touch!

To cap it all, after failing to see any tigers on safari, we were called out of our bedroom on our last evening to see a tiger in the driveway. What a thrill! A perfect ending to our three day visit.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2017

Well, what can I say about the property. It is thus far the best resort I have visited till date. But having said that I am utterly disappointed by the behaviour and looks which resorts staffs gives you and their words (one of the resort worker said to me the that we only want or expect foreigner guests here)
It looks like this resort is more for foreign guests only. Even the food is cooked by keeping only foreign guests in mind.
I felt this very annoyed and offended with this, I also paid the same amount. I think this resort should write that only foreigners are allowed as to Indian their service just below average.
I made a mistake that before booking I read the reviews and I missed that most of them were added by foreigner guest only.
I am giving 3 stars just and just for the Property.

Room tip: If you are coming then, try to get cottage facing water pounds which has crocodiles in it.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

We spent 2 nights here while checking out the tigers, and it was a great choice. The cottages are lovely and well appointed, food was great, and the staff were amazing. We especially enjoyed the shop run by Amit on the premises. He had fantastic items to purchase at a good price, and we talked to him for hours - what a great person. I highly recommend this inn!

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2017

Again this was a wonderful place to stay. And although both my husband and I are meat eaters the vegetarian diet didn't worry us. Food was beautifully prepared and plenty of choice. The Cottage we were in overlooking the water hole was just lovely. Would have loved more time to try the outside bath!!

Room tip: Go for a cottage overlooking the water hole have a sundowner while watching the crocodiles
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2017

Our visit at Khem Villas could not have been better. We stayed in a cottage with a view over a pond, and it was really lovely. We particularly enjoyed the outdoor shower. The staff is excellent. The rooms are perfect. The food is fantastic. The setting is beautiful. The cocktail hour around the bonfire is really nice. A real vacation! The safari in the park (booked separately) and the river cruise were also delightful. As to the river cruise, you need to be prepared for a drive of more than an hour over poor roads but we thought it was worth it. A real gem.

Trip type: Travelled with friends