“A great place to stay!”

Ranked #28 of 257 Udaipur B&B and Inns
Byron Bay, Australia
“A great place to stay!”
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I have just returned from India, and my stay at Pratap Bhawan was most enjoyable. My newly decorated room was very comfortable with my own ensuite bathroom. It was my second stay, and although not terribly hot at the time, the rooms now have air con and TV. Meals are served on the rooftop which has a fantastic view of the lake and on to the Monsoon Palace perched on nearby mountains. The hosts, Tarun and Shakti are most welcoming and nothing is too much trouble. Food is very good. Staff are friendly - what more can I say. I will return there next trip. I would recommend to anyone visiting Udaipur for the first time, and also to females travelling alone. It is a lovely, safe haven and a pleasure to return to after a day's shopping.

2 Thank byron6

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Good location, friendly helpful staff, clean rooms. [no hot water for me though]. A little street noise. Recommended.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Other than the usual issues that come with being in India, this place was lovely. The owner is immensely helpful and always kind. The location is great and the rooms beautiful and clean. Breakfast on the roof is a great plus. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Confirm if your room has a window seat - they are lovely.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
uk
Reviewed 3 March 2012

I have just spent a lovely three days in this hotel. The locations is good - a short walk from the City Palace and a maze of little streets with endless shops. The hotel and rooms are spotlessly clean (cleaner than a 5* hotel I stayed in in Cuba). Beautiful marble floors everywhere. All 10 rooms have en suite bathrooms, tv, AC, ceiling fans etc. All nicely decorated. The roof top restaurant has good views and it was a pleasure to eat there. I was staying alone and felt very comfortable as the manager and all the staff were friendly and helpful - particularly as there was a problem with my flight - the manager sorted it out by making several phone calls. I only ate in the hotel as the food was simple and very good and if you wanted something special they would go out and buy it. Almost next door there is the smallest tailor shop in the world and the very nice man will alter clothes he has in stock or make something for you in just a few hours. I will look forward to returning with my husband or friends.

Room Tip: I looked in all the rooms and they all looked as good as my room no 5.
Darjeeling, West Bengal, India
Reviewed 2 March 2012

We had been in Udaipur during February 2012, our stay at UDAIPUR was arranged by my brother UTTAM PRADHAN ( INTERPID TRAVELS ). After a tiring Journey by Bus from Ahmedabad we reached Udaipur at Night... from the first entry to the Hotel reception Hospitality was great... the view from the hotel is fantastic. we enjoyed the cool breeze and good food at the hotel roof top restaurant in a homely atmosphere. The hotel is located centrally and all the places of interest around UDAIPUR can be accessed comfortably. RECOMMENDED TO those tourist visiting UDAIPUR.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 28 January 2012

This hotel is a gem. The hotel staff are extremely friendly and the rooms are large, with clean facilities, in a great location. We were upgraded into a better room than the one we paid for, for no particular reason either. Another time I needed to find an ATM as the 3 nearest the hotel were out of order, so one of the hotel staff walked us about 1.5kms to the next nearest ATM. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gavin S
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 12 January 2012

We went there on our road trip from bangalore to rajasthan and stayed there for 2 nights. Good guest house with nice roof top small restaurant. The rooms and bathroom are clean. We called the owner and told him to book the roof top lake viewed room for us. From our room, we got wonderful views of the Pichola Lake and the city palace. It looks simply amazing in the night. We reached Udaipur late that night as we are driving from Mumbai. The hotel people prepared dinner for us that time also. The hotel owner is very nice and don't make you feel that you are staying in a hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple