“A good place to stay”

Ranked #28 of 257 Udaipur B&B and Inns
Gurgaon, Haryana, India
“A good place to stay”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Udaipur, a city of lakes and if you really want to enjoy Udaipur stay very near to lake. We choose to stay with Pratap Bhawan which is located on Lal Ghat walking distance from main attractions like Lake Pichola, City Palace, Jagdish Temple, Bagore ki Haveli and shopping.
When you stay here you don’t find need to go anywhere else. When you are on holiday you require few basics i.e. Clean rooms, peaceful environment and greeting & helpful staff. Pratap bhavan has accomplished all my needs. Shaktiji’s hospitality is different from other hotel owners. He ensures that you must visit Udaipur (by helping you for tickets, if you don’t have one), giving you choice of rooms and comfortable stay throughout your visit. My son became good friend with him as he ensured that he feels comfortable.
Their staff is basic however knows how to please guests with their humble smile. Krishna, Praveen, Dharam and their cook are amazing people looking after all your needs. Their rooftap breakfast area has wonderful lake pichola view. I suggested them to have full-fledged dinner restaurant there so as you don’t need to go anywhere but enjoy within property. In Lal Ghat you have to climb lot of stairs to reach your room or restaurant. But the great hospitality of the staff makes you go with ease on your holiday.
I truly recommend Indians or foreigners this hotel for their cleanliness, hospitality and location.

Room Tip: Their all rooms are good. Taken middle floor room to help going down or up
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank soniasingh27

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Polish first
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Pratap Bhawan is a nice comfortable budget hotel located near all major attractions in Udaipur. The staff is very friendly and eager to tender to all your needs, they arranged a heater and a cab for me for my trip to kumbhalgarh/ranakpur. The rooms are clean and the bed is comfortable , although the rooms are smaller than what they look like in the pictures.I had booked the lake view room but there wasn't much of a view , that was the only disappointing part. They serve you breakfast on the terrace which has got great views of the lake and the palace , the breakfast options were good and the bill wasn't much. I stayed at this place for 2 days and would highly recommend it to anyone visiting Udaipur.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ibn-e-battuta1983
Zaragoza, Spain
Reviewed 17 December 2013

We stayed 2 nights at the hotel in November 2013 in room nr. 109 I think, the views were really beautiful, especially from the rooftop restaurant and it is really close to the lake and place where the boats leave and also close to the City Palace.
The staff was really nice and helpful.
We left there our postcards, the manager would post them..but 4 weeks later we are still waiting for them to arrive ..:s

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Guest23022012
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

The location of this comfortable and characterful guest house could not be better. The rooms are comfortable and clean and the staff are very friendly and helpful. There is a great view of the lake and palace from the rooftop terrace. We stayed for two nights and recommend it!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JohnFox53
Toronto
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I visited Udaipur from Toronto with my dad for two days, I stayed in Udaigarh Resort and Pratap Bhawan which are close by and run by the same owner., Each hotel had an absolute amazing customer service with great food. I got sick in Udaipur but they helped me arranged for a doctor and took care of me, I booked this hotel for only one day but needed to stay for another day, There was no availability but they still manged to get us a room. I would highly recommend this hotel as its right in the middle of all major attractions and is very reasonable. You can ask them for anything and they made it available and guided us. I had a pleasant experience.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Richster1
india
Reviewed 7 November 2013

The location of this hotel is great. Nothing was too much for the staff, to the extent that they kept an eye on a sick member of our party and kept him supplied with whatever he needed. there is plenty of hot water as long as you remember to turn it on. The friendliness of the staff goes right to the top. All in all I would stay here again and be assured of a warm welcome

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
uk
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I stayed in this hotel in February 2012 for a few days. When I telephoned this September to book four nights with my husband I gave my name and the owner, Shakti, immediately said 'room 6 second floor' What a memory. As far as I can see all the rooms are good. Since I stayed there last year they have put nearly all new furniture in the rooms - it was fine before. I also mentioned that they had painted and they said they do it every year. Breakfast is served on the roof with beautiful views of the lake etc. The breakfast is really good. They no longer serve dinner on the roof but there are loads of restaurants in the area. The owner/manager and staff are helpful and arranged a trip for us and also got a tuc tuc for us very early in the morning as we had to catch a train at 6am. I would certainly recommend this hotel. It's a short walk from the City Palace and just behind the Jagdish Temple which is worth a visit. It's good. The owner has now bought another hotel too called Udai Garh which is nearby and was the location for part of the Best Exotic Marigold Hotel film. See other review.

I'd go again.

Room Tip: I've seen lots of the rooms and they all seem good
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple