Jheel Guest House
The Leela Palace Udaipur(Udaipur)
US$328
US$496
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Taj Lake Palace Udaipur(Udaipur)
US$393
US$109
US$79
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrooftop restaurantginger coffeelake picholaentire lakethe room was nicenice guesthousean amazing viewexcellent locationindian foodudaipur tripbalconylakeside400rsghatstemplewashroompalace
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

Twice I've stayed at Jheel's and really love this spot. The main building has beautiful rooms with waterfront views... I enjoyed having a window seat right on the lake. The room rates are very reasonable considering the great views and location. The second, older, guesthouse is nice, also. Actually, I prefer the older building...there is something very romantic about the older rooms.

The owners, Ramu and Dadu, are very helpful and friendly...as is Govind, one of the regular staff.

Try breakfast or dinner on the roof...great sunrise and sunset views of the lake and surrounding buildings.

Jheel's is close to all the things you want to see, but slightly off the tourist roads... so there is a little more peace and privacy.

I consider Jheel's my home when in Udaipur....it's a great spot to settle for a few days or a few weeks.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I stayed in the old jheel guesthouse in the budget room for 400rs a night. The owner was quick to reply to my emails about reservation. I arrived early and got to my room straight away. The matress and bedding was clean and comfortable. The bathroom needs redecorating. The floor tiles were dirty and grungy and the drain had hairs in it so it didn't work properly. There was also no hot water. Staff could have offered a bucket of hot water from their guesthouse over the road, but they didn't bother. The coffee shop they have is lovely.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Loved staying at this guest house. epic location right by the water. Loved the delicious cakes and pastry they had at the cafe on the bottom. The rooms were fitting for the price i paid, but most of all the staff were really nice. Loved the Food from the restaurant. The chef Rupesh did an amazing job in creating the dishes. Try the tuddka, which is a speciality bread, the egg pakoras were nice and also the vegetable soup.. Will definitely stay here in the years to come..

Room Tip: choose the expensive room with the balcony
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 February 2014

My partner and me spent 2 weeks in August, we felt at home, the warm of the hearts from Rammu (the owner), Roopa, Ganesha...(restaurant and staff).
The mornings with the lake and the temples with the prayers in Sanskrit, just I felt very blessed.
Rooms are good, food is great, views amazing! but the big review is for the staff, incredible and warm human beings. I would recommend with my eyes closed!
And of course food is great! let yourself be surprised with some of the rural traditional kitchen by the Roopa's Hands!
After 4 month travelling around India, this one was the best in all the rates!

Room Tip: I loved the old guest house, but if you want much more luxury, then the new guest house should full your aspirations in a good price.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I recently spent 5 nights at the Jheel Guest House and totally loved it. We had a small room on the first floor the first night as we arrived late but then loved upstairs to the 2nd floor to a room with a balcony and views of the lake and the Lake Palace. We totally loved this room.
Our bathroom was great as it had been well designed (something sorely lacking in most of India) so that you didn't wet the toilet area every time you had a shower. We had enough extra space in our room for 2 of us to do a yoga practice comfortably each day.
My husband being a coffee fiend loved the fact there was a good coffee shop on the street level, so he could just pop downstairs first thing in the morning and get a latte.
The vegetarian restaurant on the top floor was to die for. Despite it not being an Indian dish the vegetable soup was fantastic.
When I next return to Udaipur I will be booking in advance and staying here every time.

Room Tip: Try to get a water facing room with the small balcony overlooking the lake.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple