“Excellent location, Friendly and helpful staff!”

Hotel Aashiya Haveli
Ranked #12 of 156 Hotels in Udaipur
Hong Kong, China
“Excellent location, Friendly and helpful staff!”
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We come from Hong Kong and Udaipur is the last city we stayed in India. Aashiya Haveli, Thank you for very much! You provide me and my girlfriend a very lovely, home-feel accomodation for us. Good room lake view, great rooftop to enjoy the breakfast, and reliable hot water supply! Great location! You can easy to go City Palace in 5 mins walking distance and close to go to visit to the other side of lake! Also, many great and funny Art show, learning class and shop nearby! "I miss your breakfast (Delicious Masala Tea)!!", I must book a room there next time I visit Udaipur!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank GaryPoon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 27 April 2012 via mobile

I am a little saddened by the critics from Delhi and Mumbai who criticize this lovely old haveli run by a wonderfully kind family. Especially the comment that the place should be "developed" properly. Yes, then we average visitors will not have the terrific view and friendly staff. Maybe you all should stay at the Oberoi or the Palace. This was a lovely but aging haveli in a great location at a great price.

First, Mr. S had a taxi pick me up at the airport even though I told him I would probably be ok. It was wedding season and I was glad that he did get me a driver. We ran into several wedding parties at the airport. Mr S greeted me warmly and gave me the best view in the place and delivered a chai in welcome. He and his father and daughter were delightful. The staff learned to deal with a stubbornly solo woman traveller and Mr S set me up with a side trip to Ahmedabad to see Gandhi's ashram museum. I really enjoyed the trip, as long as it was, and again was greeted upon my late return with tea and warm smiles.

I loved my room, the view and my proximity to shops, lake, siteseeing, etc. At sunset I sat on the stairs or watched the ghats on the lake.

Don't change! Keep it a special place for the non wealthy, non Bollywood wedding crowd!

Stayed January 2012
2 Thank missustoad
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 27 April 2012 via mobile

We are a family of 2 adults and 4 children and we stayed in this wonderful Haveli for 5 nights. The rooms were basic and clean , the staff were welcoming and very helpful. The owner and his lovely family took personal care of us and our children. Basically we loved this hotel and our entire experience here. We will be back one day and I know exactly which lovely room I want! Thank you so much for your wonderful hospitality.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Fiji2012
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This is a place to stay with family where you are treated like family. The owners and the associates are very helpful at each step and take very good care of you.
This place is on the lake side with a few rooms with lake view and you see the Taj Palace (Jal Mahal), Jagmandir (another hotel/restaurant in the lake), Udai Vilas and Leela from your lake view room window. It is pretty close to City Palace, Jagdish Temple and Bagore Ki Haveli (do not miss the daily evening cultural show from 7:00 to 8:00 at Bagore ki Haveli. http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=10&ved=0CKsBEBYwCQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.udaipur.org.uk%2Fmonuments%2Fcity-palace.html&ei=ExeVT9HKIYftrQfgyamjBQ&usg=AFQjCNGeL4exXKpgGTwxQnnCme9WvorP3A&sig2=jY3lmI-dJT5IqaLScqiUfQ) so you pretty much cover the heart of the city walking. Bada Bazaar (near Suraj Pol) and Hathi Pol (main market) are approximately 2 kilometers. Fateh Sagar lake, Saheliyon ki Badi and Moti Magri are within 4 kilometers of this place. While you are here, it is best to explore the local market and the area on foot (a bit hilly but nice).
The place is clean and calm. Nice comfortable rooms with no TV (no distraction for kids) and a rooftop place to sit and relax. This can be one's hub while in Udaipur. Parking can be an issue during the season, so it will be better to contact the place before you arrive so that they can help you with parking space.
This is an old haveli turned into a homestay where you do not expect the lift, gym, swimming pool etc. A telephone is sometime missed to connect with kitchen or reception but since the folks are always available and it is just a few steps downstairs no one should mind :-)

Room Tip: Ask for lake view (higher the floor, better the view) room. To reach there ask for City Palace/ Jagd...
1 Thank daddupandey
vadodara
Reviewed 13 April 2012

I had a nights stay in the hotel. The overall experience was excellent. Below are the pro's and con's of the hotel.

Pro's:
1. Cleanliness was superb.
2. Room was spacious, with no TV or Telephone. (This can be a negative point for some, but if you are visiting the city for leisure, u should really be out of your room, rather than watching tv )
3. Staff are very cordial, accommodating, helpful.
4. You can reach the city palace and market on foot in 5 mins (really 5 mins !!).
5. Good view of the Pichola lake. Its exactly like what is there on the website, expect nothing less.

Con's:
1. Limited choice of food (because I'm a non vegetarian). But there are few rooftop restaurants just opposite this property, and you can get all kind of good food there.

To sum up, if you are not expecting 3* hotel, and looking for a place to feel at home with all conveniences and beautiful view, this is one place you should definitely check out.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rajarshi A
Mumbai
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Udaipur is said to be a romantic city, and if your trip to this city is planned well and complimented by a stay at a good hotel, you have all the more reasons to remember your trip. I hope this review is helpful to the people who are planning their trip to udaipur. Like every new traveller even we were skeptical before our trip, mainly because we were travelling with our elderly parents, but I'm really happy to say that we made a good decision of staying at Aashiya haveli. This mainly attributes to the kind and very co-operative behaviour of Mr Satyadevji, his staff and family. Needless to say that the view of the lake facing room only adds to your wonderful experience. All the rooms are neat, clean and well maintained. I'd thoroughly recommend Aashiya Haveli (Home away from Home)!!!!!!!!!!

Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed 9 April 2012

when we entered, they welcomed warmly. the rooms were clean. the place is near to udaipur palce and main market. if you are going with your own vehicle just call to the reception before going, just to ensure the parking space. don't expect lift, as these are haveli's build long back.

over all the best experience.

1 Thank ThoughtPower