“I felt like home!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 151 Hotels in Udaipur
Darmstadt, Germany
“I felt like home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2011

This hotel is really excellent! The rooms are cozy and tasteful and....very, very clean!
I arrived with a group and then decided to stay longer by myself. First I was a little scarred to be all alone, but this family made me feel like I am a family member.
No matter what question or wish I had, they tried everything to help me in any matter.
So, I ended up spending all of the rest of my vacation in this place. I recommend it specially to single women travelers like me.
I will be definitely back one day!!!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2011

After having trouble with another hotel which we had booked, we went to look around nearby and came across the Aashiya Haveli. Our room here was spotless, well maintained, great view of the lake and great price.The family who run it are very friendly, helpful and welcoming. It has a great location, lots of restaurants nearby, and within walking distance of the city palace complex.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
marthalena
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2010

The location on the lake is superb and the deal here is unbeatable...The man who runs the hotel is simply wonderful and will help you with whatever you need. I had a great room with a view of the lake...Fantastic deal.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank marthalena
bittern
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2010

fabulous hotel, my daughter said it was the most comfortable bed in India. Close to everything - Lake Pichola, Lake palace.and restaurants. Great hotel,clean and terrific rooftop and room views of lake Pichola. Friendly staff, service impeccable. Doesn't get much better then this especially value for money

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank bitterntraveller
Wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2010

We loved Aashiya Haveli at Lal Ghat. Very clean, good bathroom and cofortable bed and window seat! Very welcoming family who live on the premises. No restaurant, but good restaurant just across the road and up the street. Only stayed 2 nights but wished we had stayed longer.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank bse69
Blantyre, Malawi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2010

We turned up at the excellent Jaiwana Haveli without a reservation but they couldn't give us a lake view room until the next day. I told them that I wanted to look at my 2nd option (Aashiya Haveli) before making a decision and they informed me they now managed it and took me round the corner to see the room. They have 3 lake view rooms. We took room 21 on the first floor (R1,850) as unfortunately room 31 (see previous reviews) on the second floor was reserved.

The room was very clean and appealing with good lake views. The views from room 31 would be even better and I think the other 1st floor room would get views of the famous hotel on the island which were obstructed from our room. There is a good air con, ceiling fan and TV. The room isn't that large but is of adequate size. In contrast the bathroom is large and very modern with very nice chrome fittings, large sink, good shower and even a working extractor fan! It is a quality and very clean bathroom compared to many in cheap/mid range Indian hotel rooms. There was no storage in the room so we were living out of suitcases for 3 days. I feel they should put the TV on a chest of drawers rather than a table.

The pleasant and helpful manager of the Jaiwana told us they were reluctant to promote the Aashiya too much. I can only assume that is because other than the 3 excellent lake view rooms all the other rooms face onto the corridors and courtyard. If you get a lake view room I am sure you will be happy but I wouldn't be so sure about the other rooms.

This hotel is in a very quiet part of Udaipur and is only 1 building away from the lake. Apart from the management of the Jaiwana being very pleasant the staff at the Aashiya are as well. I highly recommend it or the Jaiwana.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MalawiExpat
Granada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2009

We stayed at the Aashiya Haveli for four weeks and had a wonderful time. Room was whitewashed and very clean with a large full bathroom. Great view of Lake Pichola and the Monsoon Palace. The hotel is close to many good restaurants, shopping, and the City Palace complex. It is managed by a welcoming family eager to please their guests. We could not find a comparable hotel for the price (1,400 Rs.) anywhere in Udaipur.

Gary and Mary G., Alaska.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple