“Great Hotel with Wonderful Staff”
Review of Bhagwati Hotel

Bhagwati Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Udaipur
Bhagwati Hotel
Ranked #117 of 163 Hotels in Udaipur
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I stayed at the Bhagwati Hotel with five friends for a weekend trip to Udaipur during our semester abroad. The Bhagwati Hotel has clean rooms and bathrooms, balconies on the upstairs rooms, and most importantly, an amazing staff! They were so kind to us and helped us with everything we needed and any questions we had about Udaipur. The location is great because it is right across from Gulab Bagh, a HUGE and beautiful park, which was great for running and walking. It's also a pretty central location and we walked to and from many attractions (it is also within walking distance to the bus station).
I would definitely recommend this place to other people, and it's a shame that more people don't know about it because it is truly a gem!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank sally_4444_ann
There are newer reviews for Bhagwati Hotel
Reviewed 6 May 2012

I was a student studying abroad and I was staying in Udaipur for three works to work with an NGO. Through my school I was recommended to this hotel. The owners of the Bhagwati have been around since the 1980's and everyone local knows this place. They are the sweetest people and will try to do their best to take care of you. If you want somewhere that will make you feel like you are home then this is your place. It is personal, but not annoyingly personal. They definitely gave me my space but were very helpful when I asked. They know the area extremely and will give you tips about how to save money. Like where to walk, how much to pay for something (as people are constantly trying to rip you off in India and I am too tired to bargain), and they can recommend good places to eat.
The rooms are spacious are priced well. If you are a tourist you will be out and about looking at all the amazing things Udaipur has to offer! So the fact that there is no TV shouldn't matter. Also, the hotel itself is covered and aired out very well so it stays really cool. I was there in May so it was unbearably hot but the hotel was fine without AC. Not worth it to pay 2,000 RPS for AC. Also, if you need a pool they can recommend another EXPENSIVE hotel that you can just swim at for only 200 RPS. Also, since I was there for about a month I ate with the family almost every night. They make amazing food! The Rajasthani Bati is so good =)
Also, the location is great because its right across from the Gulab Bagh. Its a famous park that has breathtaking trees. I woke up many a morning to go walk around. They have rose gardens and a nice old library. Be sure to go at 6am though. Its hot. Also, Lake Pichola waterfront is about a 15 minute walk away. Don't let a rickshaw take you everywhere. If you really want to ride then pay 40 RPS to get to Gangaur Ghat.
Overall, I am so happy I spent my time here. The owner, Vinood is extremely nice and will help you with everything that he can. Truly good people =)

Room Tip: Room # 2 has a shower head with good water pressure. The downstairs rooms are the coolest. But upsta...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo