“An understaffed hotel lacking basic facilities”
Review of Jeevantara Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Udaipur
Jeevantara Resort
Ranked #118 of 156 Hotels in Udaipur
Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India
“An understaffed hotel lacking basic facilities”
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We stayed for a night in this hotel on 29th december. The hotel is under staffed and badly managed. When we arrived a t reception, the staff took around 1 hour to locate key of the room. The most surprising thing about this hotel was it did not having hot running water in tap. It was very cold in Udaipur and we have to take hot water in buckets from them to take shower. When we complained about the same we were informed that there was a technical error.How can they run a hotel without hot water in bathrooms

We say there staff running from one end to other trying to pacify angry guests.Nothing was even OK. At restaurant, a trainee who did not understand took our order ENGLISH OR HINDI. The food quality was ok and very oily

The room was very poor with marks and stains all over. There was a cigarette packet left in the room by earlier guest and was not cleaned before giving room to us. We had to ask them to remove the same
When we saw it.

Room Tip: This Hotel is situated very far from city and away from main road.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank vineetj86

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 10 January 2014

It was a nightmare staying at this resort.. They haven't maintained the status of the name Resorts and Club. Staff is so poor, they partied during their duty hours.Nobody to attend in the restaurant. One waiter came after 10-15 mins and we asked, how u came to attend us, he said"main dance nahin karta na". We had to eat food at their restaurant only due to the reason that it is far from the city, food was never available, only few items that too after a long wait.Only few options for breakfast, we asked for curd and they gave frozen curd. Room was so poor, dust allover, TV not working properly, and not worked upon any complaints, saying,"abhi to maintenance staff nahin hai..". We asked for chapptis during dinner, and got the answer, "tandoor mein koyla nahin hai sir"

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Pchandna

Travellers are raving about these Udaipur hotels

Vadodara, India
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I opted for Executive room which they charge 4000/night. I had been following up with the hotel on the day I was about to check in that I would be late for check in. So they had enough time. But when when I reached there the room was not mopped! Somebody came to clean up after 10-15 mins. No door mats/rugs near washroom. During my 3 day stay I realized that hotel was concentrating more on other guests who were in big numbers. Food. Same gravy all 3 days. Same breakfast for two days. Everybody in hotel use to give different answers if you ask something. Loud music in neighboring rooms late night and early morning. No action by hotel.
Something got stolen from my refrigerator and when I complained about it, management reacted as if no big deal!!

I would prefer to say in a Dharmshala or a cheap guest house next time I visit Udaipur. PLEASE DO NOT CHECK IN YOU WILL REGRET IT.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

2 Thank P G
Delhi
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We stayed in this hotel for one night. Good service and very nice food - both veg and non veg. However, the pics shown on cleartrip website of the standard room, that we booked, were nowhere matching with the actual standard room. When we spoke to cleartrip about this, they simply got away by saying that it's hotel's fault and they cannot do anything about it. Finally we requested hotel manager for a room upgrade.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the club house for a night when I visited Udaipur with my friends. The location of the resort is amazing and I love the pool. I spent more than three hours swimming and playing there. The gym is well equipped. The management was nice but the rooms weren't so great. The bar made lovely mojitos for me and my pals. Keep up the good work guys !

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Ahmedabad
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I visited Jeevantara Resort in June, I must admit that it was best and the amazing experience. Everything was good, the services, food, location, etc etc. They had a decent and variety of accommodation as per your requirement. The rooms were really good with all the facilities. And not to forget Mr Soumen Chakraborty, General Manager of the resort, he was always there and made sure we didn't face any problem during our stay.

Overall, a perfect place to spend your holidays.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Great place and amazing ambiance.

Resort area is very good maintained and also hotel staff was very cooperative compare to other resorts so we will visit again.

Lot of praises for the property and the services offered with utter smoothness. Commendable. Specially the staff. The Pool, garden area and rooms are appreciable and best.

Whenever we will visit Udaipur will stay here only !!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family