Its is maximum a 3 star hotel. it is highly expensive for whatever facilities they offer. I had originally booked Trident through via.com. However, 10 days before my trip, I was told that Trident is sold out and I had to manage with this (here I would like to write down a few good words for via.com - it is definitely the WORST travel website around, do not ever book your holidays through via.com, even if they are offering a world tour for free. They are absolutely incapable of handling holidays. they have the worst possible incapable staff/customer handling executives. anyways, via.com is one story, I am here to review the hotel - Inder Residency, (where i finally stayed). I have given below some pros n cons below. Basis these, u may decide for urself....
- food quality is good though u will not find a lot of options
- has a swimming pool which is well maintained
- reception staff is polite but not handling queries properly
- the quality of furnishings, interiors is pathetic, room floors are not clean and not even carpeted. Do not be fooled by the video of rooms provided on their website...it is definitely glorified...Washrooms near hotel reception is like a public toilet!!
- poor ambience
- from my room, i could hear people talking outside, phones ringing in other rooms
- they provide you free mineral water bottles only on day 1. On subsequent days, they are willing to charge. I had to argue a lot with the room attendant for such a small thing like water bottle and then he provided me 1 bottle of mineral water. They charge INR 150 for every bottle!!!
- it wud sound unbelievable but they have only free channels on tv, no set-top box - so be ready to watch local channels of Rajasthan with Bhojpuri movies or movies of 70's or 80's.... u manage with DD, CinemaTV, Khushboo TV (which actually stinks) n some other stupid channels which u will never watch at home.
- At this time, if u think u can manage with internet on ur tablet - then be ready to pay heavily for wifi connectivity (i do not remember the exact charges, though it was close to my personal wi-fi's monthly charges ). i requested them for a discount but again same rigidity and did nor offer any discount.
- it is pretty faaaar from city so u better book cabs in advance (minimum charge is INR 600)
- food in their hotels is expensive - they charge INR 150 for a mineral water bottle!!!!!!
Final verdict - i think this hotel may be good for organising and attending weddings as a guest, as you dont need apy anything.....lol!!!... (they must be giving out good cheaper deals). During my stay of 3 days, there were equivalent no. of weddings there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxurious landmark welcome to the picturesque charm and regal grandeur of the most perfectly located hotel in the City of Lakes: The Inder Residency – Udaipur.Nestled among the plush greens, misty hills and breathtaking lakes and ponds of Udaipur, this grand five-star hotel is sprawled across 3.75 lakh sq.ft. area and is ideally located, with the airport and the railway station within easy reach.Whether you’re in Udaipur for business or leisure, we’ll make your trip a memorable experience. Choose from our exclusive rooms and suites that redefine luxury and where you’ll have all the modern comforts at your command.Come, be our valued guests.We, at Inder Residency – Udaipur, invite you to experience an unforgettable sojourn of your life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Inder Residency reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inder Residency Hotel Udaipur