Sargam Sadan
US$52
Madri Haveli(Udaipur)
US$135
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrooftop restaurantlake picholaperfect place to unwindcity palacegood nights sleepquiet locationnice and clean hotelbest featureamazing restaurantbudget hotelold cityenjoyed our staywithin easy walking distancecool breezewindow seathotel ownerhustle bustle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 April 2011

Throughout my month in India, I stayed in a range of hotels, huts, and even a houseboat for two nights but the Sargam Sadan was the best of the bunch. It was the end of my trip and I just wanted to say in one place for my remaining five days. I chose Sargam Sadan as it is just a few minutes walk from the main hub but far enough so that I had my peace and quiet. My room had an amazing view, was very clean and the couple that owns the place and their baby daughter were there to great me and help me with anything and everything I needed. It's a quiet spot, ideal for couples or for solo travelers like myself who want a peaceful haven to wake up to and come home to at night.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 March 2011

This is a very special hotel. The staff is friendly and the rooms are nicely decorated, well maintained and clean. From the room you have a nice view to the lake - this view gets even better if you climb the rooftop where they have an inhouse restaurant (the food here however is not the best we've had...).

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 March 2011

We were put up at sargam sadan hotel for 2 nights in jan 2011.....our experience was really very good. The owner and the staff in the hotel were very co-operative and gave us valuable information about the place, shopping etc and the service was excellent. the food was awesome .the staff and the owner makes sure that everyone is comfortable....dont miss the yummy aloo paranthas they serve for b'fast!!!!!......the markets are also nearby and the view is awesome!......overall a nice cosy little place where one can spend a quiet holiday.....and importantly its 100 percent paisa vasool!!

Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 February 2011

We were taken to Sargam Sadan by a rickshaw driver after a long overnight bus trip from Mumbai and we were worried about what kind of place he was going to take us to! But we needn't have worried. We travelled around India for 3 months and Sargam Sadan was by far the best place. It is a beautiful boutique hotel with only 7 or 8 rooms, each beautifully decorated and all with views over the lake. The rooms vary in price from budget (which we were on) to more luxurious so there really is something for everyone here. The owner of this hotel, Neeraj was really helpful and we became good friends with him and also Saga who worked in the beautiful rooftop restaurant. Neeraj is an amazing man. Whilst travelling around India we were often ripped off and it seemed a lot of people were only after our money. Neeraj is different. When we finally left Sargam Sadan, we bought an Enfield motorcycle to travel around India, after a few days the bike broke down (another rip off) and we contacted Neeraj to see if he could help us get some money back. By then we were in Jaisalmer and Neeraj got our money back (about £600) and got a friend of his to deliver it to us in Jaisalmer!

A lovely hotel, very clean rooms, great food, great views and amazing staff.

Keep it up Neeraj!
Eve & Niall

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2011

We have been travelling round Rajasthan for three weeks and this is one of the nicest places we have stayed.
Our room overlooking lake Pichola was spotlessly clean, comfortable and nicely decorated. There was plenty of hot water 24 hours a day.
The rooftop restaurant served delicious freshly cooked food, the staff were friendly and helpful, and the view was idyllic.
The peaceful location near to the town made for a good nights sleep.
We will certainly stay here again if we return to Udaipur.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple