“Clean and good food in a wonderful terrace”
Review of Sargam Sadan

Sargam Sadan
Ranked #71 of 167 Hotels in Udaipur
Reviewed 27 August 2011

Good place, good food, well attended and great terrace

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Pedro2219

Reviewed 17 July 2011

We stayed a night in this hotel in July 2011. It was just it's second day of re-opening after renovation over their low season. They have done a beautiful job. Each room has a different theme and is tastefully decorated. Unfortunately the restaurant hadn't re-opened so we missed the rooftop view but it was beautiful to stand outside in the evening and gaze at the lights across the lake.

The staff were very polite, helpful and friendly. The room was perfectly clean and the bathroom sparkling. This place is a gem and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank blueMG
Reviewed 24 April 2011

Thank you to the owner Neeraj , also known as Mr Lotus and his staff.
You gave my sister in a wheelchair the most beautiful expeience by carrying her, in her wheel chair up four flights of stairs to the rooftop restaurant. The experience was beautiful for her, to see the lake all lit up and the fireworks from a nearby hotel , made it all a very special night to remember.
The extra effort and kindness shown, will be always remembered by us.
The food was great and the hotel rooms clean and very bright, the view of the lake from our window was fantastic. looking after a person with a disabilty was no problem . Thank you all again. We will recommend you always.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the lake
  • Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank Australia011
Reviewed 17 April 2011

My second stay at this little gem of a hotel and its where I will be staying on my next visit too. Its perfect if you don't like big touristy hotels and want to be able to get away from the noise of the city whilst still being within easy reach of the main sites. It also has that wonderful view across Lake Pichola. All rooms have a lake view and so does the terrace restaurant on the top floor which is also a nice place just to sit and relax with a book. The staff are very friendly, respectful and accomodating. The food in the restaurant is also very good and they do room service if for some reason you don't want to look at the lake.

If you want spotless cleanliness, then don't come to India. We found the hotel to be clean. If you want the sheets or towels changed, or your room cleaned, just ask.

Room Tip: Ask for the blue room on the first floor
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marion039
Reviewed 10 April 2011

Sargam Sadan, what a lovely place. It faces the gorgeous Lake Pichola, where you can see people doing their daily washing and watch the kids and puppies play.

When we arrived, a women shyly greeted us and had her newborn baby with her. She calmly checked us into our lake facing room.
The room was next to the reception and wasn't quite what we booked. It had 2 twin beds, and my partner and I were expecting a double. No problem, they said, they fixed it the next day and gave us the next available room.

Both rooms were clean, so clean. The bathroom was unmemorable-which is a good thing in India! We had no problems and didn't have to call them in to help us figure out which tap is what, how to turn things on/off, etc.
The owner of the hotel greeted us warmly when we came by and chatted to us about the city. He was so lovely.
After each of the two nights, we had breakfast on the rooftop, overlooking the glorious lake. The breakfast was so delicious. Although it was very similar to other hotels, there was something different about the food here in Sargam Sadan. Possibly that it had a brilliant and kind waiter and the food was made with love.
We have to recommend this hotel. They are amazing here.
IF you are looking for a place to drop your things off, have a walk around town and come back to a warm, welcoming place- this is it. The owners are amazing. The rooms are beautiful. The service is the best we've had in India.

I look forward to seeing this place in a few years, it could only get better.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shatalene
Reviewed 1 April 2011

Throughout my month in India, I stayed in a range of hotels, huts, and even a houseboat for two nights but the Sargam Sadan was the best of the bunch. It was the end of my trip and I just wanted to say in one place for my remaining five days. I chose Sargam Sadan as it is just a few minutes walk from the main hub but far enough so that I had my peace and quiet. My room had an amazing view, was very clean and the couple that owns the place and their baby daughter were there to great me and help me with anything and everything I needed. It's a quiet spot, ideal for couples or for solo travelers like myself who want a peaceful haven to wake up to and come home to at night.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 March 2011

This is a very special hotel. The staff is friendly and the rooms are nicely decorated, well maintained and clean. From the room you have a nice view to the lake - this view gets even better if you climb the rooftop where they have an inhouse restaurant (the food here however is not the best we've had...).

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends