“Wonderful family atmosphere and friendly welcome!! :)”
Review of Nukkad Guest House

Nukkad Guest House
Reviewed 14 November 2013

After a long tiring journey the nukkad guesthouse and raju and his family were a welcome treat! Fantastic food, great views and a lovely friendly atmosphere in the restaurant. The hotels in a great central location close to everything you need and just around te corner from the city palace. Raju couldnt have been more helpful during my stay and helped me out with my very long and confusing onward journey! my favourite hotel in india so far i would highly recommend... :)

• Stayed: October 2013
Nukkad_Raju, Owner at Nukkad Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

18-11-2013
GREETINGS FROM NUKKAD GUEST HOUSE

We really appreciate reading your very positive comments about your stay ,convenient location food',yoga at NUKKAD and thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor.

The entire team my family is delighted to know that they came up to your expectations. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

We assure you our best services all the times and do look forward to welcome you back at NUKkAD on your next visit to Udaipur.

Best Wishes and warm reguard

There are newer reviews for Nukkad Guest House

Reviewed 14 November 2013

We arrived to a very warm and friendly welcome by Raju and his family after a long journey. We had a wide choice of rooms to chose from, all very clean, bright and open spaced some with beautiful views of the lake and the price ranged accordingly all reasonable. At the top there was a lovely restaurant with a full menu, cheap food and a great atmosphere with many other travellers. The restaurant is all run very smoothly by Raju and his family who made us feel part of the family during our stay. They were all very friendly and helpful, nothing was too much for them and they helped organise our onward train tickets and tours from Udaipur. Raju and his family were the best possible hosts and we left as friends. Another great aspect of this hotel was the rooftop with stunning views of the lake which also offered yoga every morning which was a very refreshing way to start the day! Highly recommended :) Will definitely be returning to catch up with Raju and his beautiful niece when we return to India. Thank you Raju!

Room Tip: Would definitely recommend a room with a lake view - so worth the money to wake up to a beautiful v...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Nukkad_Raju, Owner at Nukkad Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

GREETINGS FROM NUKKAD GUEST HOUSE 19-11-2013

Best Wishes and warm reguard

Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

A lovely hotel in a very central location. Rooms are a little basic for the price (no toilet paper or towel and just a sheet for the bed) but are nicely decorated, very clean and huge. The rooftop restaurant is nice and a very social area always full of travellers. The food is very good, but the service can be a bit hit and miss. Highlight is Raju (the owner) who could not be more helpful and friendly. He seems to be always on the go organising transport/onwards hotels/tours etc etc for guests. Nothing is too much trouble! Overall, a great experience.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

This is really a hostel. Very basic rooms. You sleep on top of a teddybeer cover, with a plastic flower sheet. Although we had the 1100 ruppee room, bathroom is basic. The shower is top of the plastic toilet.

Rooms are clean and location in perfect.

Owner shouts a lot to his wife and childeren in the middle of the restaurant.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Nukkad_Raju, Owner at Nukkad Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear
guests
yes this is true that this is just not a hotel this is a (FAIMALY HOUSE) where I live with my family
this guest complain about price of the room-Bedsheet-courtain of bathroom-shower-ABOUT CHILDREN
This year I make two new lake view rooms and I charge 1000/1100rs this is not a over price I shoed 3 big rooms to this guest with LESS PRICE ( I know this Guest very well because he left today morning) but he choose this lake view room and he stayed 4 night in this room
if he don't like teedy beear bed sheet he should tell me I could change that sheet
yes we have plastic courtain with flower print in the bathroom I think this is not a probleam
when any body take shower in the bathroom the water spread all aver the bathroom even on the Top of the Toilet plastic sheet
when you are leaving with family when you speak some time loudly guest think that they shouting this is way of our talking
yes I have small(CHILD) in my family she is ONE year old she is my niece and mostly guest love with her and play with her
may be this guest don't like children
I would like to thank to this guest that he like our cleanness and location
in 4 day time this guest can tell me if there is something is missing in the room
any way I will fix this all Things

Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

Our stay here was great. Clean and pretty rooms. Raju is ever so helpful. He looked after us when we were ill. Booked a million trains. Made phone calls helping us with hotel bookings. And on top of all that, took all the hotel guests on a tour of Diwali. There is a airy restaurant on the top floor where we spent many an afternoon.

Highly recommend.

Enjoy.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We really enjoyed out stay, it has this really nice view and the free yoga class in the morning is nice, the muesli for breakfast is delicious. The rooms are very clean, and they have this personal attention towards you and whatever you need, you feel like part of the family

• Stayed: October 2013
Nukkad_Raju, Owner at Nukkad Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2013

30-112013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Nukkad!

We thank you for staying at the Nukkad and wish to express our gratitude for having chosen to stay with us.

We are delighted to know that you had an enjoyable stay and carry warm memories of the Hotel. It is comments such as yours that encourage us in enhancing our efforts to provide the best in hospitality and offer even higher levels of excellence.

I have conveyed your appreciation to my team and they were extremely happy to hear from you.

We do hope you will recommend us to your friends and associates and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 8 October 2013

The Nukkad Guest House is a very nice place to stay and the owner Raju and his family are all very nice people and very helpful. There is a Yoga lesson on the roof every morning by donation. The rooms are basic but ok and for a reasonable price. The whole guest house is decorated very lovely. There is also a restaurant on the top from where you have a nice sight on the lake and you can get good food. The guest house is perfectly located within the old city and you can reach all major sights by walk in max 10-15 mins (City Palace, lake, clock tower, bazaar). The rooms towards the street are a little noisy though but I would stay there again everytime.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo