Nukkad Guest House
The Leela Palace Udaipur(Udaipur)
US$331
US$104
US$500
US$129
US$109
  • Pool
Taj Lake Palace Udaipur(Udaipur)
US$397
TripAdvisor
US$29
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsevery morningcooking classrooftop restauranthot waternice familyhelpful ownercooking lessonhis sondouble roomtop floorrooms are cleana lovely staybeautiful viewtasty foodthree nightshome away from homecity palace
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Arriving at Nukkad was a wonderful experience. I'm so grateful to the reviews I read that led me to book here. It's a minute's walk from the water and bridge, right in the hub of everything. Our rooms were glorious, at the top of the hotel, with fantastic views of the lake. I saw a lot of the other rooms and they are all lovely, clean and neat. Everything was spotlessly cleaned and the cafe/restaurant (one level up) was always buzzing with travellers. Having glass in the restaurant windows was a real bonus. We were travelling in Jan - eating on the roof tops can be pretty cold and dark without glass and light and Nukkad had both. Raju is unbelievable, tirelessly offering his help to plan your perfect holiday. Nothing is too much trouble! There was just one thing for which Raju (knowing not so much about yoga) is not to blame. I was very much looking forward to the yoga on the roof. I'm sure there have been good teachers in the past, but the current one (Jan 2014) had no yoga training at all. He was able to do a few tricks, but don't be fooled - his teaching is dangerous as he tries to manipulate beginners into advanced postures (girls of course!) with no warm up. You can recognise him but his giant donations box! He brought along another teacher the following day, but he was no better - they are frauds! However Raju, listened to what we said and I believe he will get another teacher soon. There is a yoga teacher who was very very good a few minutes walk from Nukkad. His studio, very close to Nukkad, is called Ashtang yoga. Raju will direct you. However this was a very small thing in what was, far and away, the best stay we had during our three week holiday. I spent one week alone after my family left to do research for a novel. I went to Jodhpur for a few days but couldn't wait to get back to Nukkad. Home from home!!

Room Tip: all the rooms are fine - pay more and you'll get a better view etc, but whatever your budget, you won't be dissapointed.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 January 2014

The rooms are very pleasant and are located within a beautiful haveli in a very good location. The family who run the place are generally pretty friendly. The rooms were spotless. Although it was promised that there was hot water in my room, it didn't work - when I mentioned it he just assured me it was and left it at that. Also, the wifi, while free, cuts out often - the times that it wasn't working for myself and others they similarly assured us it is working. If this happens, what you need to do is wait until the staff aren't watching and switch the router on and off. The food ranges from inedible to not bad - stick with toast and cereal for breakfast and have your meals at one of the many other restaurants in the tourist area. In the end, I stayed a couple of days and then moved to another place.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank wjc79
Nukkad_Raju, Owner at Nukkad Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

hello
thanks to write review for us and it will be helpful for us
every person is having hot shower in our hotel except the writer and the hot shower problem may be due to weather also and u have to waste a littlecold water becoz we have solar power so it take time to come in the shower . and hot shower come in every room in left walve and in every room we have put sign about the problems u have let us know and give us some suggetions to solve the problem not like this that the problem the guest having they r telling us on reviews .. this hurts a lot to us some one wrote us a poor review....
IT WAS JUST MISUNDERSTANDING ABOUT HOT WATER HOW IT WORKS
for the wifi we r not responsible for the power some time power cut in whole area and wifi network cut down.. every one use the same no one complains some time some of the phones and laptops dose not connect proper to the network so this is not the problem of wifi... from our side wifi is 24hrs on..
HE LIKES OUR PLACE , LOCATON, ROOMS ,FAMILY BUT ONLY
for this 2 reason guest wrote poor review is not good for us .. we r always here to help and further guidense ...
guest can see loot of other riviews how people are enjoying in our place we try to keep every body happy all guest are like my family member
any way we will be more careful about this problem and take care that no such reviews should be posted by the guest in future

Raju

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Well not only is the view from the top great but so is the walk up the stairs through the beautifully decorated stairwell! Central location, good rate, clean and big room and yummy upstairs restaurant (muesli was very good) Nukkard is a great host and did so much to help and accommodate us. We wish we had more time here to do more things!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

This is by far the best hotel I have stayed in while travelling india.
The hotel Is spotlessly clean, rooms differ in price and size for all budgets.
The food from the hotel restaurant is fantastic, and you can get cooking lessons in the spotless kitchen.
Raju is an excellent host and prides himself on customer satisfaction.I wish there was a nukkad guesthouse in every town in India. The hotel is also very central and easy to find.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 December 2013

We got here around 7:30am and we weren't even welcomed. Raju just showed us the room, but no hello nor anything. He wasn't even nice at all, except when we paid...

The house is absolutely gorgeous, it also has a great view.

The room was overpriced, the toilet was broken and it flooded the bathroom and some of the room. No toilet paper was provided, only one blanket and no housekeeping was made. No good price for value, at all.

Overall, it was an average stay, but the house and location were amazing.

• Stayed: December 2013