“A guest with character and a great manager”
Review of Nukkad Guest House

Nukkad Guest House
Reviewed 24 February 2014

A fantastic guest house in the perfect location. The manager, Raju, is also brilliant. He made us feel so welcome and was incredibly helpful.
The whole guest house has a real personality, and the rooms are clean, large and have been decorated with love.
We had a fantastic time here.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mark C
There are newer reviews for Nukkad Guest House

Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights, the rooftop terrace is a nice social area with restaurant etc. the family that run the hotel are very nice with all helping where they can. A very nice family! We did a cooking lesson which was great shown by the daughter, it was great and was lovely to sit and eat all the dishes having finished. Our cheap room was basic but that's expected. I enjoyed my stay here, though I can't rate it as fantastic.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 February 2014

When you first arrive here your faced with five flights of stairs before you reach
lobby area but when you do you realise why this place gets such excellent reviews.

As soon as we arrived Raju greeted our group and made us feel comfortable immediately. We were shown to our fantastically bright and clean room before all of the nonsense of passport visa information which the Indian government always request.
The lounge area is just awesome and has fantastic views over the lake and has a spacious clean and relaxed atmosphere.
The family makes a real effort here and couldn't have been more helpful. The daughter was absolutely lovely and helped me sort all my onward journeys and gave me some tips.
Finally to top it all off, on the rooftop looking over the lake there is yoga every morning to being your day.

Fantastic place and would love to come back again in the future.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Four of us stayed in Nukad after reading so many good reviews on trip advisor. We had 1 week left in India and had planned on going to Pushka too, but when we arrived in our room we changed plans immediately!

We had the rooms just below the restaurant, looking out over the lake. They were the most expensive, but worth every penny. The view was incredible. Our room had double aspect windows, a big comfortable double bed, and a good bathroom.

The restaurant was great, also with an incredible view of the lake and plenty of chilled out slouchy seating. The food was great- we tried the lassies, breakfasts and Indian food.

The owner couldn't be more helpful. It does feel like a family business, which is nice, but it is a bustling popular hotel too.

We would thoroughly recommend staying at this place, and ask for the top rooms if your budget allows.

Room Tip: Pick the rooms overlooking the lake, below the restaurant
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Arriving at Nukkad was a wonderful experience. I'm so grateful to the reviews I read that led me to book here. It's a minute's walk from the water and bridge, right in the hub of everything. Our rooms were glorious, at the top of the hotel, with fantastic views of the lake. I saw a lot of the other rooms and they are all lovely, clean and neat. Everything was spotlessly cleaned and the cafe/restaurant (one level up) was always buzzing with travellers. Having glass in the restaurant windows was a real bonus. We were travelling in Jan - eating on the roof tops can be pretty cold and dark without glass and light and Nukkad had both. Raju is unbelievable, tirelessly offering his help to plan your perfect holiday. Nothing is too much trouble! There was just one thing for which Raju (knowing not so much about yoga) is not to blame. I was very much looking forward to the yoga on the roof. I'm sure there have been good teachers in the past, but the current one (Jan 2014) had no yoga training at all. He was able to do a few tricks, but don't be fooled - his teaching is dangerous as he tries to manipulate beginners into advanced postures (girls of course!) with no warm up. You can recognise him but his giant donations box! He brought along another teacher the following day, but he was no better - they are frauds! However Raju, listened to what we said and I believe he will get another teacher soon. There is a yoga teacher who was very very good a few minutes walk from Nukkad. His studio, very close to Nukkad, is called Ashtang yoga. Raju will direct you. However this was a very small thing in what was, far and away, the best stay we had during our three week holiday. I spent one week alone after my family left to do research for a novel. I went to Jodhpur for a few days but couldn't wait to get back to Nukkad. Home from home!!

Room Tip: all the rooms are fine - pay more and you'll get a better view etc, but whatever your budget, yo...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 January 2014

The rooms are very pleasant and are located within a beautiful haveli in a very good location. The family who run the place are generally pretty friendly. The rooms were spotless. Although it was promised that there was hot water in my room, it didn't work - when I mentioned it he just assured me it was and left it at that. Also, the wifi, while free, cuts out often - the times that it wasn't working for myself and others they similarly assured us it is working. If this happens, what you need to do is wait until the staff aren't watching and switch the router on and off. The food ranges from inedible to not bad - stick with toast and cereal for breakfast and have your meals at one of the many other restaurants in the tourist area. In the end, I stayed a couple of days and then moved to another place.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank wjc79
Nukkad_Raju, Owner at Nukkad Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

hello
thanks to write review for us and it will be helpful for us
every person is having hot shower in our hotel except the writer and the hot shower problem may be due to weather also and u have to waste a littlecold water becoz we have solar power so it take time to come in the shower . and hot shower come in every room in left walve and in every room we have put sign about the problems u have let us know and give us some suggetions to solve the problem not like this that the problem the guest having they r telling us on reviews .. this hurts a lot to us some one wrote us a poor review....
IT WAS JUST MISUNDERSTANDING ABOUT HOT WATER HOW IT WORKS
for the wifi we r not responsible for the power some time power cut in whole area and wifi network cut down.. every one use the same no one complains some time some of the phones and laptops dose not connect proper to the network so this is not the problem of wifi... from our side wifi is 24hrs on..
HE LIKES OUR PLACE , LOCATON, ROOMS ,FAMILY BUT ONLY
for this 2 reason guest wrote poor review is not good for us .. we r always here to help and further guidense ...
guest can see loot of other riviews how people are enjoying in our place we try to keep every body happy all guest are like my family member
any way we will be more careful about this problem and take care that no such reviews should be posted by the guest in future

Raju

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Well not only is the view from the top great but so is the walk up the stairs through the beautifully decorated stairwell! Central location, good rate, clean and big room and yummy upstairs restaurant (muesli was very good) Nukkard is a great host and did so much to help and accommodate us. We wish we had more time here to do more things!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends