We spent two nights in Udaipur at the Leela Palace. At the time occupancy seemed very low so the hotel was quiet and tranquil - as befits its beautiful setting.
As the road entrance to the hotel is by a series of very narrow and busy side streets, most guests arrive by boat across the lake. This is a wonderful way to arrive and creates a relaxed feel from the outset.
Our room overlooked the lake and provided fabulous views. It was spacious and extremely comfortable. Service was of a very high standard and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay in such a wonderful location.
We had a couple of relatively minor niggles
* Nobody came to collect our bags as requested when we checked out
* There is unwanted early morning noise from staff moving tables and chairs on the terrace outside
Due to the lakeside location, mosquito protection is needed.
On checking out we were inadvertently overcharged - something that I failed to notice. However a member of staff drove out to the airport to apologise and hand over cash representing the over payment. This was a stunning gesture that spoke volumes for the quality of service and left us highly appreciative.
PS - This hotel charges for internet access, a practice I deplore. It provides TV for free so why not internet access too?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Leela Palace, Udaipur, with its breathtaking view of the Aravalli Mountains stands majestically in a natural setting on the banks of the Lake Pichola. The Leela Palace offers its discerning guests an opportunity to experience royal living of majestic times.Evoking a grandeur and opulence of a bygone era, all 80 rooms and suites overlook the tranquil waters of the lake. Heritage and Lake view rooms finely appointed with artifacts and furnishings representing the handicrafts of Rajasthan. The suites evoke a sense of architecture which includes the rich and natural detailing of traditional Indian palaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Agoda, getaroom.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Leela Palace Udaipur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Leela Palace Udaipur Hotel Udaipur