“Big Structure and Poor Service”

Ramada Udaipur Resort and Spa
Ranked #10 of 177 Hotels in Udaipur
Reviewed 29 January 2013

I was there in July, 2012. I booked two rooms. One for me and my wife and one for friends.
We spent a lot of time to check-in and when we came to the room it was not ready. The refrigerator was broked and the floor was wet.
The hotel had a lot of people but not trained and the staff was not helpfully to solve ours demands.
We asked for wifi internet that was charged but it wasn't functioned properly.
I asked some ice and after around one hour the room service told me that they didn't have.
Unfortunately it was a very big hotel but with staff without enough training and with a very poor english.
The restaurant made a very good food but the service was horrible.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms near the restaurant. The major part of rooms is very far from the restaurant because t...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Odonio
abhimanyu-kayastha, General Manager at Ramada Udaipur Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2013

thank you for your feedback, every words you have mentioned only helps us to improve in the areas mentioned. Am confident given an opportunity, in your next visit we would surpass your expectation. If i can be of any further assistance, you may contact me at "gm@ramadaudaipur.com"

Write a ReviewReviews (1,549)

Reviewed 28 January 2013

I've been staying for 5 days at the ramada.The stay was really nice and so are the staff, Entering the room, it was clean and quiet (couldn't hear a noise). The bathroom is also spacious and very clean.The bed was one thing that if I could take him home, I would have done. the rooms having beautiful views,blessed with natural surroundings Hard in the right places and comfortable....Very rich and tasty breakfast, I love scrambled eggs,and I found the best around. Chocolate Brioche also were fantastic. With each breakfast I became more spoiled.These are the things that made me enjoy my stay at this great hotel, but my warmest congratulations to the hotel for their choice of personnel. They know how to really make you feel at home, and if you need anything it is like asking a family member. Congratulations from the heart.

Room Tip: no, complains !!! each corner of hotel is blessed with a unique view to enjoy
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChristinaSwanson

One of the best definition of a hotel is 'Home away from Home' and you words made our belief stronger. We thank you for your appreciation and share this with my team. we look forward to your next visit and hope to make your stay even better. If i can be of any further assistance, you may contact me at "gm@ramadaudaipur.com"

Reviewed 27 January 2013

Stayed here with my family for 1 night during my Mt Abu trip. Its a Big hotel with too big rooms. Hotel has a very big area and the rooms are located like cottages. Food was very good and hotel does have scenic surroundings too. I could see the Sajjangarh fort as a backdrop of my room. But yes,its a bit far from the city. Certainly value for money.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank vishiarora

thank you for your appreciation. yes, our room size is one of the largest amongst the hotels in Udaipur. each room in the resort promises a private balcony and a stunning view of either the lakes or the Sajjan Garh palace. we look forward to your next visit. if i can be of any further assistance, you may contact me at "gm@ramadaudaipur.com"

Reviewed 25 January 2013

It could be lovely, but seems to look both simultaneously unfinished and have broken furniture and fittings everywhere. Everywhere there are protruding electrical wires, crooked fittings, chipped or broken tiles etc. Very poor standard for a ramada, it actually looks like they ran out of money before finishing and opened the hotel, have not at all maintained it well. Food ok, but the most disappointing of all the places we stayed in India and comparatively expensive.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SGC28

we thank you for your feedback, all the issues you have highlighted are being worked on. we truly believe that your next visit would surpass your expectation.. if i can of any further assistance, you may contact me at "gm@ramadaudaipur.com"

Reviewed 22 January 2013

Ramada Udaipur is a comfortable hotel in typical rocky look resort and spa style, situated in the outskirts from city chores offers a great place to RELAX. Enchanting naturist views and beautiful scenery from the resort and room balconies is a treat to eyes… The hotel is located opposite the monsoon palace, which is a must watch at Udaipur.
Entire hotel is beautifully decorated and landscaped ….The rooms are great – oversized and furnished with fairly good furniture...Having stayed in City centre hotels earlier this was a great break. We stayed there for 4 days 3 nights package. Hospitality, Food quality and the service environment was excellent…..
The evening traditional Rajasthani dance at the pool side was simply highlight…..would have loved to stay for 2 more days but for our itinerary.

Though expensive and does not offer much activity....It’s a must must recommendation for travellers who wish to relax and enjoy the natures view. I am truly satisfied and have been recommending to most people I know….

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

thank you for your kind word and am glad you truly enjoyed the tranquility of mind the resort has to offer. i have shared your feedback with my team which give us the motivation to serve better. if i can be of any further assistance, you may write to me at "gm@ramadaudaipur.com"

Reviewed 12 January 2013

I stayed there between 1 Jan 2013 for 4 nights with my wife and 8 year old Daughter.

Suite rooms offer Zilch views compared to other rooms, which was a big surprise. However, the suite itself is big, but do not expect Luxury here.

The biggest Disappointment was the Service. The Staff in all departments gave an impression, they are not trained at all. Looks like they have romped in few locals living near by who lacked training. Very unprofessional for a star hotel and by Ramada standards.

Food was mediocre and nothing special. Room service is sub-average and please be prepared to get your food mixed up, big time.

So if you are considering this hotel, think twice, check with the hotel on your requirements up -front before you reserve. This is really in the outskirts of Udaipur. Some of the views outside are good but that's it.

Overall, I am sorry to say, we did not depart with a good opinion about the hotel. This is 2 star property at the best in my opinion, at 5 star prices , which is bit too much.

I wish them all the best to ramp up their shortcomings, so that the photos shown in the website truly deserves the service it needs.

cheers.

Room Tip: Do not choose a suite room, as it does not offer any views.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank cjkannan

thank you for your feed back, and appreciate your suggestions.. we shall definitely work on the points highlighted by you and win your confidence back to visit us again.. if i can be of any further assistance, you may contact me at "gm@ramadaudaipur.com"

Reviewed 3 January 2013

4 point review:
- The property is located right at the edge of Udaipur and close to the Monsoon palace. The property is quite well laid out and the rooms are large, those unfortunately seem to be the only positives!
- The rooms though large are sparsely furnished and some of the furniture, linen are showing age. The services levels are average at best, I think the hotel over relies on local staff who unfortunately dont have the experience or training for a Ramada. Lobby staff in particular are way below expectations
- There is only one restaurant and bar. Lunch and Dinner options are good, the complimentary breakfast is poor. The hotel lacks even basic things like a properly working Do not disturb sign!
-There are 2 pools, the free one is fairly dirty and under maintained. The good one by the spa will cost you!

With many options in Udaipur, I would suggest you give this one a miss, it will spoil an otherwise wonderful city to visit!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank IshtiJaved
nemohi, General Manager at Ramada Udaipur Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2013

we thank you for your feedback.. all the concerns you have mentioned is been looked into.. such feedback help us to bring your standard to the Ramada International hotel.. we look forward to your next visit and gain your confidence back.. if i can be of any further assistance, you may contact me at "gm@ramadaudaipur.com"