Ramada Udaipur Resort and Spa
The Lakeway(Udaipur)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
1,616 results
All reviewspremium roommonsoon palacemagic showsajjangarh fortswimming poolspecial thankshouse keepingfolk danceexcellent staytable tennisrestaurant staffhousekeeping staffnice propertyfront office staffduty managermemorable stayroom service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I could have never imagined that staying one night at a hotel could be such a traumatic experience. I cannot imagine how a hotel that charges $150-$200 dollars a night can be so oblivious of what hospitality means. It is shocking. There are a bunch of things wrong here so I'll just stick to a few.

1) I'm still here as I write this - we've been trying to sleep in our hotel room, it's past 10:30pm - but guess what - they've rented the common area outside the rooms for a massive party - the music is INSANELY LOUD, there are fire crackers and people yelling, they might as well be in my room. This is just nuts! no warning either - we have an early start tomorrow. safe to say they have completely ruined it and left us feeling tired and extremely frustrated. There is no sign of this party ending anytime soon either.

2) In the afternoon - yup, trying to take a nap. But there were a bunch of drunken men (about 25) sitting outside the rooms, drinking and YELLING their hats off. Just crazy. When I complained to the front desk they refused to do anything about it and just said that "they will checkout soon". moreover, it made the environment unsafe for my girlfriend to move around freely.

3) This is my second experience at a Ramada in India (other was mumbai), and sorry to say - they just absolutely have no idea how to run a hotel. The service quality is just terrible. Abysmal. worst I have ever experienced. I've stayed at 2-3-4-5 stars across the world including extensively in India, and while some of them may not have amenities, they certainly 'get' hospitality. I don't know how intoxicated the person who rated this a 5 star was, but this is not even close. Their staff is clueless and are CLEARLY not from the hotel management industry. Shockingly bad. Can't even blame the staff - they're just not cut out for this job. They have NO IDEA what they're doing. Just wrong hires.

4) Food is below average.

5) Minibar is barely stocked.

6) Roaches in my room

I would strongly recommend you to not stay here. Don't let the pictures of the property and the few positive reviews fool you. They fooled me. You're better off at pretty much any other hotel, i'm sure.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
9  Thank lokiedokie
abhimanyu-kayastha, General Manager at Ramada Udaipur Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

thank you for your feedback. The point by point detailed description certainly would help us to manage and serve guest in future better. We have taken all precaution with immediate to ensure our room guest are not disturbed during their stay at the beautiful resort. I would personally request you to give us an opportunity to win back your confidence and server you soon in future. If i can be of any further assistance, you may contact me at 'gm@ramadaudaipur.com"

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Warm Welcome, lot of space and being away from the city it very peaceful and makes one feel relaxed which is the main purpose of any vacation adding to the relaxation was the spa experience. In all a beautiful Resort with beautiful View overlooking the City, Amazing Food and Friendly Staff. In all an Amazing Experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
abhimanyu-kayastha, General Manager at Ramada Udaipur Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Thank you for taking out time from your busy schedule and writing this review. I have personally shared your feedback with my team, feedback such as your helps to motivate the team and gives them the confidence and strength to serve better. We look forward to your next visit soon. If I can be of any further assistance, you may contact me at 'gm@ramadaudaipur.com'

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Wonderful welcome, spa and fitness sections were excellent. Two swimming pools increase the beauti of resort. Wonderfull place to spend our time with our dear ones.....loved this trip.
I will visit the place again.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for talking out your time to appreciate our property and services. The spa and the heated pool is of great attraction to the hotel. We look forward to your next visit soon, and if I can be of any further assistance, you may contact me at 'gm@ramadaudaipur.com'

Reviewed 12 November 2013

This is an absolutely avoidable hotel. We had booked on a package and the Hotel Reception Staff tried every possible trick to deny the inclusions. The service quality is horrible and the staff (esp the one at Reception) is discourteous. The hotel property is decent, but coupled with poor accessibility and service, it would hardly qualify even for 3 Stars.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
3  Thank Niranjan P
abhimanyu-kayastha, General Manager at Ramada Udaipur Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

we thank you for your feedback, and assure you, i would personally investigate the laps and ensure its rectified. Would be glad if given an opportunity to make your experience a memorable one. We look forward to your next visit and experience the Ramada Service. If i can be of any further assistance, you may contact me at 'gm@ramadaudaipur.com'

Reviewed 7 November 2013

When we reached the resort we were pleased with the resort layout and atmosphere. The resort is well maintained, we had booked premium rooms. The rooms are large and comfortable. But the view from the premium rooms is very poor. We were given a good welcome and the check in process was very well managed.

The next day when we went for the breakfast we felt the downside of this beautiful resort. The breakfast spread was not up to the mark, uncooked utapams, bakedbeans were watery and had to find the beans … when we called the chef for the quality of utapam he said that this is the way they make it..?? Instead of butter they were serving Margarine (non dairy butter). They only served the butter when we asked them to do so.

Second bad experience came in when – we had left the hotel in the morning for our outing, we had informed the house keeping to make our room, but when we came back in the afternoon to our surprise the rooms were not made up and then the follow up started, they had no answers for not getting the room done, and only after 20 min. of our strong reactions they sent their team to get the room cleaned, they didn’t have fresh bed linens, they had got old used linens and replaced it with the existing once. They had blood stains on them. It was totally disturbing and bad experience. We had our kids waiting in the afternoon outside the room (which is their nap time) since the rooms were not made up. It took them 1.30 hour to get the things done. And the whole afternoon say 2.30 to 4.00 was spent behind our rooms getting done.

Another thing to notice is that they have no kids play area, when asked for the kids area they had a mat and few poor quality toys under a staircase. Not at all a kids friendly hotel.

We would never stay in this kind of property and spoil our vacation which is meant to relax and enjoy.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Mitul S
abhimanyu-kayastha, General Manager at Ramada Udaipur Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

thank you for your feedback and appreciating the layout of the hotel and the check in procedure. As for the breakfast and the room cleaning, i assure you i will personally ensure things are set right. Our Front Office Manager had had met you during your departure and conveyed our commitment to see you have a better and memorable experience during your next visit given an opportunity. We look forward to your next visit and if i can be of any further assistance, you may contact me at 'gm@ramadaudaipur.com'