Had a family vacation (3 nights in December 2011) with two small kids and my spouse. Had taken an offer via their helpline (well in advance of our visit) - included deluxe room, free wifi, all taxes and all meals. The good points:
1) Beautiful resort with beautiful surroundings. We stayed in a deluxe room that was lake facing and the views were exceptional.
2) Room was great with all amenities expected in a 5* hotel
3) Staff was very helpful and courteous - again what is expected from hotels of reputed chains
4) We were allowed a late check out
5) Food was great and we enjoyed our buffet meals (breakfast and dinner)
Some limitations that I experienced:
1) Fluency in English of the staff is somewhat less than what you would expect in 5* hotels. Also their general knowledge about certain queries that I had from time to time regarding our booking/inclusions etc was sub-optimal. Probably a reflection of the fact that the hotel is quite new and so is the staff who are kind of learning. However, even when there was a confusion in any staff member regarding a particular query, he/she was honest enough to admit that and as promised, would invariably call back with the correct answer after clarification with a senior member. I believe as the hotel becomes older and the staff becomes more experienced, their fluency in English and general level of knowledge and confidence will become better
2) Internet: The wifi was part of our plan but was slow. There was a glitch in our connection on the day of check out but the IT person was able to help out with that.
3) Received a newspaper on the last day of our stay - got confused - why were we not given on the previous days if it was standard practice?
4) Choice of TV channels was quite small and not befitting a hotel of such a reputed chain
Overall, we enjoyed every minute of our stay. Other hotels that are ranked higher up are primarily because of their location around Lake Pichola. However, if you wish to enjoy peace and tranquility, I recommend staying around Lake Fateh Sagar which is much bigger and cleaner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Radisson Blu Udaipur Palace Resort & Spa Boasting a location near Fateh Sagar Lake, our hotel in Udaipur is moments from the shopping districts of Hathi Pol and close to the City Palace. Resort guests enjoy on-site dining two restaurants and a poolside bar, as well as features like an on-site spa, a concierge and three flexible meeting and event spaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Radisson Blu Udaipur Palace Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Udaipur Palace Hotel Udaipur
- Sheraton Udaipur Palace Resort And Spa