“sheraton udaipur with RPC HOLIDAYS ....”

Radisson Blu Udaipur Palace Resort & Spa
Ranked #26 of 165 Hotels in Udaipur
Reviewed 16 October 2012

I had booked this hotel 3 days ago with RPC HOLIDAYS.... Trust me they people arranged my bookings on the spot. I had already booked my tickets but stilll they made my stay fabulous. The hotel is superb along with the fab services.
Good going RPC
I WILL REFFER MORE CLIENTS FOR THIS CLUB.

• Stayed: October 2012
SheratonUdaipur, General Manager at Radisson Blu Udaipur Palace Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2012

Greetings from Sheraton Udaipur Palace Resort and Spa!

It is indeed a pleasure to read your review.

I am happy to note that you had a pleasant stay with us and the services extended by my team were to your satisfaction. Thank you for your valuable feedback.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you at Sheraton Udaipur Palace Resort and Spa.

Reviewed 14 October 2012

This is one of the best hotels I stay in India and facilities like a palace. Unfortunately this hotel was well managed, and this was my worst experience in SPG club.
1. The hotel is still under renovation. From 8:30am to 4:30pm, the noice was so loud and I could not sleep.
2. The swimming pool was nice but facilities around swimming pool was also under renovation with noise and dust.
3. We were arranged to stay on first floor. We can also hear all the noises from the lobby and other guests.
4. Many mosquitos in loddy. Some mosquitos are found in the room.
5. Water in the bathroom was not hot.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Greetings from Sheraton Udaipur Palace Resort and Spa!

Thank you for your constructive feedback.

We sincerely regret the inconveniences caused during your stay. I have made a note about your comments and will certainly speak with my team and ensure the necessary corrective actions are taken.

I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you again and make your stay a memorable one

Reviewed 12 October 2012

We usually travel every 6 months so me and my wife decided on a trip to Udaipur from Delhi

Somehow got a good online rate for Sheraton so got the Train tickets and reached early morning on Saturday 11th August. Had requested early check in but were mentally prepared that being a semi-holiday season it might not happen. The Hotel is a little far from the station and the approach is through a residential colony of sleepy small town bungalows.

The main complex is quite big and looks good. Anyway the Hotel was full so we left the luggage and went on a trip to the usual tourist spots.

Good thing we liked was the Hotel does not adopt a snobbish NO AUTO RICKSHAW attitude which most 5 star Hotels in India have. There is a Auto Stand outside the main gate and the Auto wallahs are the quite clever but decent types ( unlike Delhi where they are only clever ).

Incidentally for the next 2-3 days we called this 1 Auto wallah - MOHAMMAD SALIM - 09672157495 and he was superb.

The Hotel is nice and big. Our rooms were in the DELUXE category and thankfully it is a welcome change from the rooms in the front part which seem to be quite noisy.

The decor is dark , understated but calm and cosy. We had a Lake side view which was OK.

Room is quite large with a good Bed and furniture.

Customer service is polite but most of the staff seems new and a bit raw.

Staff was quite impersonal and "lost" ( nothing to beat TAJ for a friendly experience ) .

Breakfast is very good and extensive and certainly a high point.

Dinner was very average . Sometimes one is amazed that despite the amenities in hand how can Hotels make a hash of simple things - Menu planning / Variety / Quality.

Housekeeping is slow and needs reminding.

Overall it is OK , Pros - Good rooms at very good rates

- Breakfast

Cons- Faceless service- though polite

- Lunch and Dinner quite average and not what expects

JAGMEET SINGH

Room Tip: Deluxe and as far as possible with Lake view
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
SheratonUdaipur, General Manager at Radisson Blu Udaipur Palace Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2012

Greetings from Sheraton Udaipur Palace Resort and Spa!

Thank you for sparing time and posting your review.

I am delighted to note that you had an enjoyable stay and it was a pleasure to have been of service to you. We thank you for your detailed feedback.

My team and I look forward to your continued visits

Reviewed 2 October 2012

I think this hotel should be given 2 or maximum 3 star in ratings. Biggest dissapointment considering the name it tags along...SHERATON. I had booked a lake view room and what I was given was a room facing a swamp located at the end of the rooms. The room had torn curtain,torn upholstery,plaster coming off the walls to describe the room. The electronic safe which was provided was not working. The bulb in the bathroom & cupboard were not working. When I complaint they sorry but they have heavy booking and the whole hotel is booked. After sometime they eventually changed my room in which my whole evening was ruined just changing the rooms.the room I was given was worst where ac stooped working at 1.30 in the night and technical person had to be called...he fixed it but my sleep was ruined..and imagine their reply next mornings ..instead of apology..they say these things happen. There is no kids club or play area as their standard reply is it is under renovation..there is no changing room near the swimming pool and one has walk through their restaurant in swimming gear for a dip..their standard reply the changing room is under renovation. The only plus point was their food quality which was good and their Durban who always greets u with a smile...Don't ask for senior manager as he/she won't come. My advise to all those seeking to go to udaipur .....please ..please avoid this hotel...I checked out before and went to another hotel which is Oberoi group property and that is what I call 5 star..please avoid SHERATON...

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ajit23
SheratonUdaipur, General Manager at Radisson Blu Udaipur Palace Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2012

Greetings from Sheraton Udaipur Palace Resort and Spa!

Thank you for your constructive feedback. We sincerely regret the inconveniences caused to you. We sincerely apologise for all the inconveniences caused during your stay. I have made a note about your comments and will certainly speak with my team and ensure the necessary corrective actions are taken.

We do hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you again and make your stay a memorable one

Reviewed 28 September 2012

Went there last year n it was a great experience, it is indeed a very beautiful property with great ambiance n food. Udaipur city in itself is also very beautiful n the staff in the hotel made us feel like a true royal family thru their service..

Icing on the cake was the calendar shoot of Kingfisher in the same hotel ;)

Room Tip: Try to chose pool side rooms if you really want a room with a view or try the rooms on the upper flo...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
SheratonUdaipur, General Manager at Radisson Blu Udaipur Palace Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2012

Reviewed 28 September 2012

The hotel rooms are good, big and spacious but the view may not be great. Also the lake cannot be seen clearly its actually at a distance. Food is nice and breakfast is a nice spread. The staff is also courteous, the over all the look and feel of the property is not as per 5 star standards.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Greetings from Sheraton Udaipur Palace Resort and Spa!

Thank you for your valuable feedback. It is feedback from esteemed guests like you that helps us to constantly introspect our systems and procedures and assists us in striving for a better product and service.

My team and I look forward to your continued visits

Reviewed 19 September 2012

have been to udaipur a lot of times on business, n sheraton has always been a great host... love their pool, the food they serve n their rooms too, just amazing!! must stay there, only downside is the view isn't the greatest

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank rsoood
SheratonUdaipur, General Manager at Radisson Blu Udaipur Palace Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2012

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Sheraton Udaipur Palace resort and Spa!

Thank you for the encouraging feedback. It is the feedback from esteemed guests like you that keeps our team motivated. We are glad that you enjoyed the food and services during your stay here.

Looking forward to your next visit.