Radisson Blu Udaipur Palace Resort & Spa
US$38
Hotel Lakend(Udaipur)
US$107
US$97
The Leela Palace Udaipur(Udaipur)
US$331
US$298
  • Restaurant
Taj Lake Palace Udaipur(Udaipur)
US$397
US$500
2,784 results
All reviewsfateh sagar lakeswimming poollake viewpuppet showfolk dancewelcome drinkgreat propertybreakfast and dinnerspecial thanksrooftop restaurantearly checkfront officecourteous staffgreat hospitalityroom service isfood qualityhotel staff
Reviewed 12 November 2013

A big hotel near to the Fateh Sagar lake. Price-wise this is was ok. The staff are helpful and hospitable at just the right level. The room we had was spacious and pretty, the breakfast is good. Food of the coffee shop and restaurant was also good. Thank you very much for making our stay so pleasant!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 November 2013

the location is a bit far away but it was fabulous...awesome hotel, services, rooms n food....a complete 5 star hotel...the view from the room and the amenities were gr8..the staff was also well spoken n helpful...

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 November 2013

A huge resort closer to the Fateh Sagar lake, gives u a palatial look with Huge elephants structures, well maintained gardens. The rooms we got on 1st floor had a partial view of the lake and more of the ugly view of a barren plot/jungle.The rooms were comfortable. Food in the coffee shop was good, the chinese restaurant was good but the quantity was very less.
Some of the dishes the mutton Nalli Ka shorba, the Thai pineapple salad were so great that i called the chef and gave him my compliments.

I believe the hotel has more focus on corporate clients rather than individuals. In my two day trip we saw 3 companies from Gujrat for their meetings. The hotel then becomes a fish market specially the lobby and breakfast area.
They should have some local cultural programmes in the evening. The enterance of the hotel could be used for these activities. Such a good property could fetch u more business with a slight focus on personal attentions.

Room Tip: The front rooms of the property are the best(rooms facing the enterance of Hotel
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 November 2013

The first impression from outside is nothing short of awesome. Don't be misled though, the base level rooms are categorized as "Superior". They are big neat, clean, bit quirky but by no means plush. The interior decor is kind of random in colour and furniture selection. Consider it as 3.5 stars for room luxury.

At arrival, I was struggling to find the information package (including room service menu) as I was quite hungry to order the in-room afternoon meal. It wasn't there. Upon enquiry I was told somebody was on his way to drop it in my room. Nothing happened for half an hour. Another call and the same answer, yes the black leather book will be there in two minutes. I waited another 45 minutes and nobody turned up. In disgust, I set off and had my meal in another hotel nearby. Upon return, I talked to the young girl at reception and expressed my disgust. She just giggled and laughed it away with no apology. I could straightaway figure out that the staff was having fun at giving a hard time to some.

The hotel boasts of pleasant gardens and surroundings, but all you could see from your room is how filthy the windows are. If you want internet, then this will cost you extra at Rs 700 for 24 hours. This is just unacceptable. But it's a good thing I did not go for it since judging from the free service that was "available" at the lobby, the broadband speed was that of the stone-age and there were some very frustrated customers around complaining about it.

The hotel could do with overhauling its staff at the reception and customer care. Instead, what I could see was a bunch of staff, young kids in their 20's in the reception lacking in professionalism and maturity. And of course, if you are a gora, then it's all "yes sir" and I beg to remain your obedient servant. A legacy that will remain forever in India, sadly.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank TahirUK
Reviewed 6 November 2013

The palace look of the property is amazing, lush green garden, the swim pool add to the overall exp. I was along with my parents and they too had great exp. Food in breakfast and room service is very nice and comes with a wide spread. Staff are friendly and overall exp was above average.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family