“Average Hotel”

Radisson Blu Udaipur Palace Resort & Spa
Ranked #28 of 167 Hotels in Udaipur
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I stayed there in a marriage of my cousin. lower level rooms had no view of outside. service at bar counter was not proper even water was served after half an hour. Swimming pool was awesome. Top floor rooms have a clear view of Fateh Sagar Lake.

Room Tip: 4th floor rooms have clear view of lake.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
SheratonUdaipur, General Manager at Radisson Blu Udaipur Palace Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback with us.

We sincerely regret the service issues caused during your stay. I have made a note of concerns raised by you and will certainly speak with my team to ensure that necessary corrective actions are taken.

I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you again and make your future stay experience a memorable one

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,550)

Reviewed 7 March 2014

We stayed with a Saga group 4/6 March it was awful. We and other guests had filthy bath mat,leaky smelly toilet,( they had to move room) fridge that was giving off a smell,so for saftey asked it be removed,porters bringing items not requested,or the wrong items.Then waiters in scruffy clothing,I could go on!
Only plus is the location if you have a lake view.Give it a miss as Starwood are pulling out so guess they do not care about their guests.

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Keith T

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback with us.

We sincerely regret the service issues caused during your stay. I have made a note about your comments and will certainly speak with my maintenance and service team, and ensure the necessary corrective actions are taken.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Stayed at the hotel for a night. Had a late night check in. My room was on a lower level and the window was almost level with the ground and there was no view. Walls of the room were too thin and unfortunately I was kept awake almost the whole night by the noises from the adjoining room.
The room had a damp smell due to seepage in the wall and I found fungus growing. The least they could have done was clean it up.For a reputed hotel I thought the maintenance of the rooms was of a poor standard. A telephone instrument kept in the room had quite a few buttons missing on it. The table lamp was not working. There were a few more problems with the room and I gave a list of nine such problems while checking out.

I was not happy with the breakfast service. Clearly the attitude of the staff left a lot to be desired. We found a table for ourselves. It took some time before we requested a staff passing by to kindly lay the table which he did rather reluctantly. One got a distinct impression that the staff was indifferent and more interested in serving and looking after the foreign guests. One had to wait and try to get the attention of the staff repeatedly for routine things like getting glasses for drinking water, spoons, napkins etc.

I did not order any room service but my interaction with the housekeeping staff was nice and I found their response to be good. Overall my impression of the hotel was fairly bad. It needs to improve the service and attitude of the staff and also they need to treat all guests equally. Overall a very well located hotel that has the necessary infrastructure but lacks the basics of hospitality. I would never like to come back here.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ravimark1
SheratonUdaipur, General Manager at Radisson Blu Udaipur Palace Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback with us.

We sincerely apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay. I have noted and discussed all the concern points with my team and wish to assure you that all necessary corrective actions have been taken.

I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you, and make your future stay experience a memorable one.

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

As true in Udaipur, Sheraton is a big hotel but at a not so good location. Rooms are big but still misses the class somewhere. Stayed for a night. Breakfast service is more like a marriage Banquet hall with low staff knowledge and just ok cutlery.. Food is average and spread also just ok... Bargain hard for your penny for this one.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank SharadGoel2000

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback with us.

We sincerely regret the service issues caused during your stay. I have made a note about your comments and will certainly speak with my Chef and service team and ensure the necessary corrective actions are taken.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Very very very bad service!
We arrived at the hotel late afternoon, at the check in they told us that they didn't have any more room due to an unexpected circumstance...
They offered an alternative hotel which we checked out on the internet and turned up to be way under the expected level...
We asked them to find another solution... After waiting for 1:30 hour, they came back with no alternative.

It turned up that there had been a fire issue in the morning and that the people staying in the standard room has been upgraded in the morning, while nobody from the Sheraton informed the clients who had to check in that same day... So no room left.
Many people and family with kids had to rebook a hotel that day...

We finally booked another hotel in Udaipur which we are happy with...

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Auboutdumonde80

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback with us.

We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused during your stay and really appreciate your patience during the incident.

We would like to inform you that it was a small incident but considering guest safety & security we have to keep all the rooms on hold for a while as a precautionary measure.

We assure you that all necessary corrective & precautionary measure have been taken to ensure no such incident takes place in future.

We hope you'll understand the situation and will give us another opportunity to serve you again and make your future stay experience more pleasant.

Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

I had a very pleasant stay mainly due to the amazing staff who welcomed me! In particular Hemendra at the reception and Amit at the Lebanon Restaurant, with their kindness and high professionalism, allowed me to feel like at home in this international standard hotel with an Indian touch!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Greetings from Sheraton Udaipur Palace Resort and Spa!

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with us.

We are delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay with and really appreciate your kind words for our team. I will surely be sharing this with my team.

Me and my team look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

I stayed at Sheraton for 2 nights. Went there for a friend's wedding. It was a very pleasant experience to stay there. Location is at its best. Goof food, good rooms. Overall a very good experience. I would surely recommend it to others and I would also love to stay there again in the future.

Room Tip: Please choose a pool side room. It has got a wonderful view out there.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Greetings from Sheraton Udaipur Palace Resort and Spa!

Thank you for taking out time and sharing your stay experience with us.

We are delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay at the hotel. Your kind words of appreciation for our hotel food & services motivates us and helps us in serving you better.

We look forward to have you here again with us and make your future stay experience a memorable one.