“Disappointing”

Radisson Blu Udaipur Palace Resort & Spa
Ranked #36 of 151 Hotels in Udaipur
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Not what I'd expect from this five star name! The check in was very slow (took over 20 minutes) and we were served by several staff members. The staff were not very attentive or overly helpful and need reminders about what you've ordered or requested. The hotel offers nice view of one of the lakes and the terrace is a lovely place to relax in the sun. The restaurant is nice but the service is probably a little over the top for me!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
SheratonUdaipur, General Manager at Radisson Blu Udaipur Palace Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 18 March 2014

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback with us.

We sincerely regret the service issues caused during your stay. I have made a note about your comments and will certainly speak with my team on this. I would like to ensure you that the necessary corrective actions will be taken.

I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you again and make your future stay experience a memorable one

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (462)
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 10 March 2014

we stayed at Sheraton for 2 nights. we Went for a corporate meeting, The hotel staff was great and very helpful, as we arrived every thing was very well taken care.Rooms are comfortable and view was awesome,food was good,front office people were very friendly, some become friends like Mr. sayanay and made our stay so smooth. he was always ready to help our group to regard anything. Overall a very good experience. I would surely recommend it to others and surely I love to stay there again in the future.
also i would say thanks to my management for arranging accommodation in Sheraton Udaipur Palace. :-)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Greetings from Sheraton Udaipur Palace Resort and Spa!

Thank you for taking out time and sharing your stay experience with us.

We are delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay at the hotel. Your kind words of appreciation for our hotel food & services motivates us and helps us in serving you better.

We look forward to have you here again with us and make your future stay experience a memorable one.

Chandigarh, India
Reviewed 9 March 2014

we stayed at Sheraton for 2 nights. Went there for a Relative's wedding. It was a very pleasant experience to stay there.from entrance only Feels like you're in a palace. You get an excellent view of the fateh sagar lake from the terrace which is just outside the lobby, Rooms are quite big and morning lake room from rooms are awsome

Room Tip: Rooms With lake View
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Greetings from Sheraton Udaipur Palace Resort and Spa!

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with us.

We are delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay with us and really appreciate your kind words for our property.

Me and my team look forward to your next stay with us.

Udaipur, India
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I stayed there in a marriage of my cousin. lower level rooms had no view of outside. service at bar counter was not proper even water was served after half an hour. Swimming pool was awesome. Top floor rooms have a clear view of Fateh Sagar Lake.

Room Tip: 4th floor rooms have clear view of lake.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback with us.

We sincerely regret the service issues caused during your stay. I have made a note of concerns raised by you and will certainly speak with my team to ensure that necessary corrective actions are taken.

Hotel Manager

Travellers are raving about these Udaipur hotels

Witney, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed with a Saga group 4/6 March it was awful. We and other guests had filthy bath mat,leaky smelly toilet,( they had to move room) fridge that was giving off a smell,so for saftey asked it be removed,porters bringing items not requested,or the wrong items.Then waiters in scruffy clothing,I could go on!
Only plus is the location if you have a lake view.Give it a miss as Starwood are pulling out so guess they do not care about their guests.

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Keith T

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback with us.

We sincerely regret the service issues caused during your stay. I have made a note about your comments and will certainly speak with my maintenance and service team, and ensure the necessary corrective actions are taken.

New Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Stayed at the hotel for a night. Had a late night check in. My room was on a lower level and the window was almost level with the ground and there was no view. Walls of the room were too thin and unfortunately I was kept awake almost the whole night by the noises from the adjoining room.
The room had a damp smell due to seepage in the wall and I found fungus growing. The least they could have done was clean it up.For a reputed hotel I thought the maintenance of the rooms was of a poor standard. A telephone instrument kept in the room had quite a few buttons missing on it. The table lamp was not working. There were a few more problems with the room and I gave a list of nine such problems while checking out.

I was not happy with the breakfast service. Clearly the attitude of the staff left a lot to be desired. We found a table for ourselves. It took some time before we requested a staff passing by to kindly lay the table which he did rather reluctantly. One got a distinct impression that the staff was indifferent and more interested in serving and looking after the foreign guests. One had to wait and try to get the attention of the staff repeatedly for routine things like getting glasses for drinking water, spoons, napkins etc.

I did not order any room service but my interaction with the housekeeping staff was nice and I found their response to be good. Overall my impression of the hotel was fairly bad. It needs to improve the service and attitude of the staff and also they need to treat all guests equally. Overall a very well located hotel that has the necessary infrastructure but lacks the basics of hospitality. I would never like to come back here.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ravimark1
SheratonUdaipur, General Manager at Radisson Blu Udaipur Palace Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 6 March 2014

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback with us.

We sincerely apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay. I have noted and discussed all the concern points with my team and wish to assure you that all necessary corrective actions have been taken.

I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you, and make your future stay experience a memorable one.
Mumbai
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

As true in Udaipur, Sheraton is a big hotel but at a not so good location. Rooms are big but still misses the class somewhere. Stayed for a night. Breakfast service is more like a marriage Banquet hall with low staff knowledge and just ok cutlery.. Food is average and spread also just ok... Bargain hard for your penny for this one.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SharadGoel2000

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback with us.

We sincerely regret the service issues caused during your stay. I have made a note about your comments and will certainly speak with my Chef and service team and ensure the necessary corrective actions are taken.