I stayed in this property with my wife around 6 months back. While the service was okay, we had a terrible experience on the last day when we were about to leave. After taking our luggage out of the room, we still had an hour or two to kill before leaving the hotel as ur flight was still sometime away. We kept our luggage at the reception area and informed the hotel personnel there that we would spend sometime in the hotel restaurant before heading out. After we finished lunch, we came back and my wife was puzzled as she was unable to sight our luggage. She asked me to inspect and I said relax, they must have kept it inside, somewhere safe and there is no question of any mishap and not to worry. We still had 15-20 minutes to leave the hotel. I had already arranged for a taxi to pick us up. Still she insisted on checking it out once. Thankfully I agreed and I went to check my luggage at the reception.
When I asked, they said "what luggage". There was one medium size suitcase and I back-pack with all our ticket, documents and also money. I was shell shocked. They said they it must have been shifted to some place else and they will update me in 5-10 minutes. Good amount of their staff got engaged in this search. There manager came out and after 15-20 minutes of investigation, told me that few of the delegates staying there for a conference had just left 30 mins before me and one of them "most likely" took my luggage with them. The luggage was allegedly identified by one of those guests as their own and the hotel personnel who handed over the luggage to that guest, l did not care to check the room tag on the luggage to match it with that of the guest. :|
I was shocked. It was time for us to leave the hotel to catch our flight and our luggage was missing with no definite whereabouts. Within minutes our whole trip and vacation turned into a nightmare and my wife was very very upset about the whole thing. I requested them to immediately contact the bus which was carrying those guests and ask the driver to stop it and search for my luggage. The manager said it might not be possible. I was shocked again. After some arguing he instructed the driver to stop the bus and search for my bags. Thankfully it was identified.
A cab was arranged for us and a hotel personnel came with us to the airport to see that we get back our luggage fine.
I asked the manager to keep me informed of their investigation result so as to how and why something like this happened, but expectedly, got no reply.
This highlights the prime issue we faced with this property throughout our stay. As pointed by some others as well, some of the hotel staff is not trained properly or are not much experienced. They are not very professional in there conduct as well. We had to call repeatedly for a few things and the delay was a normal thing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Radisson Blu Udaipur Palace Resort & Spa Boasting a location near Fateh Sagar Lake, our hotel in Udaipur is moments from the shopping districts of Hathi Pol and close to the City Palace. Resort guests enjoy on-site dining two restaurants and a poolside bar, as well as features like an on-site spa, a concierge and three flexible meeting and event spaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Radisson Blu Udaipur Palace Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Udaipur Palace Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Udaipur Palace Hotel Udaipur